Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Babes, Samurai, and Giant Turtles (C)

Kai smiled. "Of course. Look, I've got to go meet my friends- but it's been... fun." He waved before retracing his steps back to Shari, smile faltering with every step. His thoughts had been completely scrambled, he'd lost track of time. Soon he'd see his Mio again.
    Last edited by zizi; 05-03-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Because I am a dorf.

Shari sat resentfully crooning forwards, weighty arms propping up her chin. Situations like this made her tired of asking herself what she truly deserved. The answer was pretty obvious every time. She was as guilty as Chiyo had said...

But what else was there? Was she expected to roll over and die? Earning personal redemption and actually gaining forgiveness were two completely different things... Fighting the horrible, completely inhuman things that they were, she had to concede things where set out pretty convenient for her. But would Rin have allowed me to fight for her otherwise?...

Still, it didn't mean she felt easy when Kai chose to be so unquestioningly nice to her. Showing her face to Mio would be next to impossible.

As he returned, Shari brought herself back to her feet and gave off an expression that didn't expect good news. Without pausing to figure out the implications of guilt liability for once, she just made a quick stride forward, then briefly took him into her arms.

"It's getting worse by the day, Mister Kai." She spoke frankly, alrough honorifics snuck their way back in again. "But I'm sure these bastards can't reach that far into Kusanagi. Not without Miss Rin knowing."

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    Haru coughed delicately from just behind Shari. His position was such that it had taken a bit of time for him to work his way to the other members of his party after it was clear that something was going on.

"May I ask what has happened?"

Out of seemingly nowhere, Tsubasa flew down and perched on his shoulder. Her beak was bloody; apparently she'd found a snack.

Kai nodded against her chest, "I know. They say they're keeping Mio safe. I'll be able to see her when we get back." He sighed, "She's... not going to be happy." And if she knew about Shari, what she had done, who she was.... if Mio ever found out- well. He wasn't sure that he fancied Shari's chances. She was strong, built like a mountain, yes. But Mio moved like liquid lightning and was twice as vicious. And he really didn't fancy his chances if Mio ever found out that he'd fallen after Shari anyway. So many secrets, so many bad decisions.

Oh well. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Hearing Haru's voice he disengaged from Shari's embrace reluctantly.

"Those monsters threatened my ex wife, Mio, and her children," he explained, "Rin has assured me they will be protected, along with her current husband, the children's father."

Well, one of their fathers.
    Last edited by zizi; 05-03-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Shari nearly told Haru about the necklace, but found little need considering what it would actually accomplish. Haru would probably just think the same things that Chiyo did. A brooding thought loomed. Absent-mindedly, she just raised a hand towards Tsubasa to see how it would react to her stroking it.

"...I wanted to go after them." She said plainly, ducking her hand back down. "But our resident agent didn't like the idea. So I guess Yuanjun is just going to get all of-..." Again she reconsidered mid-thought, and paused. A head full of incestuous twins, cosmic horrors, empresses and ex-wives ate into her every action.

"Things are screwed up." She ended, rather uselessly.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Haru bowed his head. "Rin's resources and powers are far greater than mine, but please do not hesitate to ask if there is any assistance I can provide."

Kai sighed. "Things are screwed up. Thank you, Haru. I don't know what any of us can do, really. It's been made brutally clear to us again and again that the forces aligned against Rin- and, therefore, ourselves- are far greater and more complex that we could ever know and, worse, that they know exactly who we are and exactly who we work for." He paused, "They made that point using Yuanjun's teeth."

Absently he tugged at his hair, "I want to go after them too. You... you can't imagine how much." He shrugged, resigned, and added bitterly, "We'd only lose and -even if we didn't- we'd just start off a diplomatic incident. One can hardly strip the meat from the bones of two Princesses and go unnoticed or unavenged."

Unavenged. Shari repeated to herself inside of her head. I could probally live with that for myself; But am I really just staying idle just for my comrades' sakes? When did I begin to care?... Surely there must be something I can do...

Crossing her arms again, the monk took up a rather spiteful pout and couldn't help but imagine more vile things to perform on Qing. "Yoko better recover. The worst thing about it is standing around like this." She spoke with a grunt, betraying more true colours. Only after observing the dusty red handprint on Kai's jacket did she remember that her hand had been bleeding earlier. "Shit, another scar..."

"When is Ryo on?"
    Last edited by Regantor; 05-03-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Haru showed no reaction to revelation of the teeth, only tilting his head slightly forward. "Yes, the complications of human society make a drastic act such as that one impractical and impossible."

At Shari's words, he took her hand closed his eyes, concentrating. In a moment, the small wound was healed. "I hope that is better."

Cure Minor Wounds

Kai rubbed ineffectually at the drying handprint on his sleeve, "Yoko's a strong lady and the twisted freak's attacks were brutal but nothing that'll really last. They seemed to be more about humiliation than pure physical damage," he said before deciding that once dried the blood wasn't really noticeable enough against his brown sleeve to bother about. "Ryo should be on now, actually. Whenever they've finished cleaning up he should be on. No idea who he's up against though," gloomily he added, "knowing our luck it'll be that incredible blind woman."