Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Babes, Samurai, and Giant Turtles (C)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Chiyo moved with the speed and grace you'd expect of someone in her profession, and then some. In an instant she had punched Haru in the face, surprisingly hard. She was a lot stronger than she looked.

"I told you not to fucking sass me." She stated simply, giving Shari another glare. "And tomorrow is the last day of the tournament. This is our last night here so it's very important you idiots don't fuck this one up too."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    Haru staggered backward, but quickly righted himself, one hand pressed to the side of his face. He looked down, and a shudder passed though his shoulders, either from pain or repressed laughter. The hand fell back, revealing a huge red contusion along his cheekbone. Haru smiled at no one in particular, amused by his own thoughts.

Kai clenched his jaw, and said carefully and softly, "Chiyo, we lost a team member yesterday. Two, if Hei still feels unable to continue. We aren't trying to sass you, or make your life difficult. Assulting Haru and Shari and insulting us is hardly going to do anything other than piss everyone off. We're on the same side here."

He sighed, and pinched the bridge of his nose as he frowned. "We should have been on our guard more. That is undeniable. But they can't have just follwed us back to the inn; they knew who we were and who we worked for. We weren't just some random intruders to them."

He briefly outlined what he'd seen there, the priest in the central shrine who stood unnaturally still and spoke like an alien. "He was being controlled, I'm sure. He had this feeling...this wrongness about him. The same as the monolith I recovered-" He paused for a second faceless lumps of rotting flesh oh gods and composed himself- "and as that... fish...thing we encountered. It was the hooded thing controlling him. It was there, in the kannushi's quarters. Shrouded in darkness that my light couldn't penitrate at all- as if there was no light, even though there was heat."

He finished and shrugged. "There's something terrible going on here Chiyo. And antagonising each other isn't going to help us deal with that. Of course you're not supposed to coddle us, so why don't you give us the instructions so we can work out a way of proceeding without fucking up?"

"There's something terrible going on everywhere." Chiyo said, clearly talking more to herself than to Kai."

She shoved a map with the slaughterhouse in question circled on it rudely into Kai's hands. "I've got work of my own to see to. You kids better not fuck this up." She growled, putting on her fox mask and giving Shari a hard shove on her way out.

The slaughterhouse was a smelly building towards the outskirts of the city. The building wasn't very tall, but it was otherwise fairly large, as you might expect. There was a pair of large doors in front for people and, you imagined, there was probably a larger pair in back for animals to be led in. A few windows towards the front, but less towards the back. More people might go vegetarian if they saw what actually went on in a slaughterhouse.

You could feel it. It was here. Inside. Somewhere.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

For some reason tonight seemed all the colder, despite the composure of the sky remaining the same as the night before. All Shari could think about was how bad luck was already pulling her back in; There had been no message from Oboro's aide after all, and now she was going into a building controlled by enemies they still knew next to nothing about. "Just another beautiful day, huh?..."

"Well... We lived yesterday, at least." She spoke with a hush to the others, whilst reviewing the building from a distance. "What do you say about using the same formation?... I keep Haru alive, and you be our eyes, Kai?... Erm, except, this time we stay close. Real close, enough for me to counterattack if one of us is spotted."

There wasn't any fear in her tone, but a certain anxious jitter was building in her muscles as the feirce woman put herself in a more savage state of mind.

"I don't feel well around this place." Hei hopped down silently amongst the group. "Chiyo decided you all might need all the help you can have - so she let me in on this"

"I'll go with Kai. Back each other up, in case we stray too far"

Hei came with a bit of guilt, but as much motivation in redeeming herself. She didn't want to fuck up time after time. "I'm in good hands. Let's pull this of off, guys" she finished, with a smile directed at Shari.

Shari just raised one of her rough eyebrows and glared at Hei for a second.

"...Fine, whatever." The monk broke contact and scratched her head. Her voice reeked of a million insults, but she didn't choose to let any of them out here and now. "Just don't bring anything down on yourself."

-'Cause I'm not going to bale you out if I can help it. Shari added mentally. She's lovely like that.

"Nobody feels well here. There's a... thing inside there that... emits this feeling. It can control people." He looked at Hei seriously, "I'll need some support, but you're to hang behind me. I can go ethereal. You can't. We don't know anything about that hooded thing and we don't need anyone in unnecessary danger. So, hang behind me." He frowned at the building. "Hei, could you scout the building to see any way in?"

Shari's mouth jolted into a grimace as Kai suggested including Hei so closely in the plan, protecting himself in specific. She could hardly baby the veteran ninja and reject the idea, through, so she just gave him a firm palm on the back, and then went to have a look at the building's enterances personally.

Careful not to take any dumb risks in light areas or stand on anything noisy, Shari made her way to just outside of the building's alotment and examined the doorways from afar.

SPOILER! :
    Spot Check;

1d20+8=19

There were a few windows along the front and sides of the building, but they were all too small to fit even a Halfling or child, and too high to allow for easy peeking. The only apparent entrances were the front doors and the door for the animals which doubtless existed in back.

Shari could not see anyone around. Even animals. There were no birds in sight, neither any stray cats, nor any foxes. Just the horrible, alien, presence.