Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' Night (C)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "I know. That's why I sent the healers away. Said that even unconscious you were refusing their treatment." Rin gave a little laugh. "That's my stubbon Yuanjun. My stubborn, beautiful, brave, wonderful, Yuanjun."

"I wanted to be alone with you, if that's okay. I sent the others away. I'll admit, a bit of it is that I can't be seen with you, but also I wouldn't put it past... them... to try something."

She gave another smile, more genuine this time. "I love you and if anything happened to you I don't know what I'd do." She said, kissing Yuan's hand. It felt wonderful, as always."

"And that's why I'll sit here with you until you can feel better. You're a tough thing, you'll be fine. Then we can watch Ryo flail around with his big metal phallic symbol, and I can make lewd comments while you make mean faces at him." She laughed.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"What would they have to gain killing me?" Yuanjun laughed, "Unless they think I'm not as broken as I think."

She looked at Rin and gave a rare warm smile. "But I want to thank you for this."

Didn't last long though, "And unless Ryo can win, I'll need to be there first hand to administrate a beating

Shari sat in the stalls long after the crowd has dispersed. She created, reviewed and dismissed countless plans of killing Qing before the day was over. None of them where viable in their current situation. The monk felt her guts churn and rotate. Probably for the best she had chosen to sit appart from her companions this time.

After a while, she got up to see what state Yuanjun was in, finding only a closed off doorway with a far larger amount of guards than the usual posted at all entry points. That could only mean the presence of Rin, she assessed.

Bitterly, and stained with confused feelings of pity, Shari just somberly took a scenic root back to the audience pavilions, then attempted to spot Kai with a distant expression.
    Last edited by Regantor; 05-02-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Sensing Shari's desire to sit alone during the fight Kai had moved to the very top of the stadium. From there Yuanjun and her grotesque opposition appeared small and dolllike. He sank into the shadows and watched the fight with slack, sick resignation, grateful in part that he was far enough away to register Qing's viciousness only vaguely, the distance making the brutal movements seem play-like and divorced from reality.

He got up and moved fluidly down towards the healer's tent before the last blow fell, but hesitated outside of it. Should he really force his way inside as he had with Yoko? He and Yuanjun were hardly friends. They'd almost connected once- trading lighthearted insults. He sighed and turned away. He would have nothing to say to her and she would have nothing to say to him. She saw them as failures- him as a failure.

"I will kill no-one in this arena, no matter how detesting they may be."

She hadn't been there- a lake of bodies, each more rotted than the last, sinking up to his calves into soft flesh that gave too easily in stinking, sucking squelches with each step- when he'd pulled the monolith out.

She hadn't been there. Hadn't watched, helpless as those... things molested Shari and Hei and lorded over their murdered companion.

She hadn't been there with... the... Mind Flayer... in that black barn, Hei seemingly lost, Shari for all her strength and power suddenly helpless. She hadn't felt her soul split open at it's screaming touch and yet managed to fight anyway, when every coherent thought was another just begging for the release of death.

He had.
    He had fought a Mind Flayer and won.

She looked at him with barely controlled contempt.

His mouth reformed into a thin white line. Yuanjun would not take his empathy even if he offered it. He turned abruptly and made his way back to the arena, unsure what else to do. He took a seat mid way up and gazed sightlessly ahead, vaguely wondering what horrors awaited them tonight. Idly his thoughts drifted to Shari, to the simple physical pleasure and not at all simple emotional whirlpools he felt in her company.

"You don't need to thank me, love." Rin smiled. "You never need to thank me." Rin leaned over and kissed Yuan on the lips as gently and carefully as she could. "Love is its own reward." She said with a happy sigh.

"The sex is great too." She winked.

Oh, Rin.

"Mr. Morioka?" It was a female voice. When Kai turned to face his visitor, he found himself confronted by a small gaggle of what he could only assume by their features and dress were handmaidens of Qing and/or Mei. The lead one offered him a small jewelry box. "A gift from their highnesses." She said with a bow before more or less shoving the box in his hands and leaving, her companions in tow.

Oh boy, a present!

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Lumbering around in the high stalls, the heavy, callous monk childishly explored every option of revenge her imagination could offer. To call it limited in that category was truly unfair. Yet, all she could really do was kick abandoned food containers about, and give every soul that came across her a baleful glance, before returning her eyes back to the floor.

Overdue, she now noticed that Kai had now returned to his seat. Her mind swam. The ninja was probably the sole reason she hadn't outright fought with Yuanjun in the past, she now realized. Even before they were so entangled. The burning jealousy over Rin had caused her to do alot of stupid things in selfish desperation, alrough as yet more lingering secrets meant she knew the connection could never really be solid. An alien cloud of guilt seemed to hang around each and every good thing she had.

Slowly, she clambered down the isle stairs and made her way too him. The guilt would have to wait. Too many things they were both avoiding thinking about as it was. With a palatable silence, the towering woman just placed herself in the seat next to him and gave a small, longing glance before retreating back into her solitary thoughts.

It was getting difficult to feel angry now. She could only feel useless, pitiful, cold. Stoically, her arms remained crossed and unloving.

The servants and the present sparked a cetain savage interest, but not a line of sight...
    Last edited by Regantor; 05-02-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Kai breathed out slowly and glanced sideways at Shari. Where did they stand, again? Who knew. He didn't. His eyes traced the harsh contours of her face, savage and beautiful. He doubted she did, either. He wondered if it even mattered, if he even cared anymore. He'd fallen through the looking glass last night... or had it been before then, when he'd first noticed this burning, intense connection to the crazy, evil monk?
    At least for now, he could forget it. Hesitantly he touched her shoulder and waved the box around. "What's the betting it's not a nice necklace or pair of earrings?" He said bitterly before dropping his hand back down to the box. "Well, it's not going to open itself..." gingerly he pulled at the lid and peered inside.

It was a bracelet, rather hastily made, but still nicely made enough that Kai could tell whoever made it had experience.
    Oh. Wait. Those aren't pearls.

Those were teeth.

There was also a note.

Yuanjun dropped this. Maybe your ex-wife would like it? Or one of the kids?
    Love and kisses,
    Qing and Mei
    Wellp.

Kai' face drained of all colour and he sat frozen, only his hands moving; trembling so slightly it wouldn't be noticeable at all except for the dreadful stillness of the rest of him.

After noticing his expression, Shari pulled it out of his hands and took a moment to examine it for herself. Yaunjun had Rin and all she wanted, so she couldn't give a flying shit about the stray teeth... What mattered was the insult. And the threat. The small box convexed visibly in her hands.

With it still in her possession, she briskly stood up and made her way towards the pits of the arena with tremendous ferocity. The others undoubtedly thought she was going as the raven flies to find and crush Qing, but the truth felt far more embarrassing and child-like. Yuan's recovery room. Hardly any point in hiding our connection with miss Rin now...

With vapid spite, she requested that the guards let her inside with the upmost urgency.