Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' Night (C)

"It was too... easy... to kill it. No way does a creature with that much power, personal influence and insight get itself killed in a simple fist fight." Her voice sounded unnerved by her own train of logic, but still hardy enough to keep talking. "If it was human once, I just can't believe it had come that far to die with so little flair or backlash. There are too many loose ends."

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "Did you dispose of the body? The brain, anyway?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"As far as I can tell, our master's servants destroyed it, yes." Shari just shrugged, tossing her looped braid back over her shoulder to relieve an itch. "Is there any particular importance in the brain? Do you know what that thing was?..."

"If the brain is destroyed it won't be coming back. It's dead. The abomination was a Mind Flayer." Oboro still seemed disinterested, and didn't feel like elaborating, apparently.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

So, it was the cold shoulder from Oboro afterall... Shari felt dejected, but wasn't so confident in her own abilities that she'd press exactly where she fell short with the imposing master swordswoman. What annoyed her more than anything was that, yet again, she had only managed to dig herself into a hole for the effort.

"You did know after all, then... Should have been obvious that I'm not even equipped to serve you..." Lowering her head slightly with a tint of shame, Shari just shrugged and averted her eyes now. "I understand. You have other dealings and you don't trust me now. That's... fine. Hope I see you at a tournament again someday."

The last sentence was completed by a heartfelt bow, of which the rough monk remained in until either Oboro replied or left.

Oboro shrugged before disappearing into the crowds. "Whatever. See you around."

DAT OBORO.

"AWIGHT GUUISE LETS GO VISIT THE BOSS"

Shari just shrugged, gave each of her group members a glance, then figured it would probably just be best to act like none of that ever happened. Most of them likely didn't expect better of her anyway, through she could imagine Kai's feelings being a little bruised.

"So... How do you figure we should go about getting in?" She just make a emotionless grunt to no one in particular. "Try and make a bargain with the fat old bastard, or wait until nightfall? I certainly know I don't have enough cash to bribe the guards."

"We could just walk up to the front door and ask to see their boss. Worst they could do is say no and attack us."

"If they really sent those killers, the worse they could do is send us away, tell their bosses that we are still alive, then kill us in our sleep, Ryo." Shari just scowled, now utterly in a bad mood. "Do I need to spell out for you how much of this town he probably owns? If we are going to talk to the guy head-on, we need a bargaining chip of some kind... I don't think the mind flayer information will cut it like it did with Akemi, either."

Walking into polite sit-downs with people who wanted to kill her was getting a bit old.
    Last edited by Regantor; 11-29-2011 at 11:01 PM.