Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Babes, Samurai, and Giant Turtles (C)

Kai shrugged and went after them, turning incorporeal as he went so as to retain some element of surprise.

Shari skidded to a halt suddenly, observing the large extravagant door blocking the entrance into what was presumably the creature's 'throne room'. Seemed like an awfully good place to put a trap.

She regarded Yuan at her back for a moment, before facing it again. The adrenaline pumping through her veins made it harder to feel angry at the woman any longer, alrough, being honest, the chance to prove her worth probably helped a little, too.

"We don't have much time." The husky drawl was fast, urgent, absorbed in the moment, not intent on taking no for an answer. "If this door is magically trapped, or if some abomination knocks me in, you clamber right over me and disable that monstrous sow, okay?"

The second she finished, a leg was brought down and snapped the handle clean off the door, sending it flying open...

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "You think I'd stop to help you?" Yuan responded with a slight laugh in her voice and an almost-smile.

The moment the door opened Shari was greeted by a punch from a armored fist nearly the size of her head. It was the strange looking Oni Kai had mentioned. It was dressed like a samurai and its face was strangely, uncomfortably, Human-like.

Towards the other end of the large room was the weeping undead woman, the Hakagoto, the Bakeneko, and the humans. The humans were on their knees, with their backs to the Hakagoto, and the Hakagoto's spears pressed against the back of their necks.

The Bakeneko herself was, of course, stunningly gorgeous, and wearing little more than a tiny sarong and a strapless boob-tube. "Nice try, loves." She purred with a smile. "'Cept you lost. I could kick your asses - even you two, Oni wench and Thunder Thighs - but then I'd get all sweaty and really this is so much easier.
    I could kill you, and I think my undead friend here would like that, wouldn't you?" The sobbing undead woman just gave a short incomprehensible moan. "But I'm a bit merciful. So I think I'll just let my dear husband here beat the shit out of you, then I'll dump you all outside of town somewhere." Another shrug. "I'm merciful. Unfortunately for you, though, I don't think the Jijo will be so accommodating."

She took a few steps forward before tilting her head at Yuanjun and Shari. "Ooooh, I like those faces. Such fire in them! Oh, I have an idea. You want to live? Well I want to hear you say it. I want you to say 'We're sorry we thought we could take you, Kana, but you're much smarter, prettier, and stronger than us. We lost! Please don't kill us!'" She laughed, apparently amused with her own cleverness. "Go on, say it."

HOSTAGES. WHAT DO.
    I lost the roll but it was 13 damages to Shari.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    Haru lagged behind, having some trouble with the staircase designed for more vertical beings. At the sound of snapping wood and new voice, Haru flatted himself on the staircase, listening and sniffing.
    SPOILER! :

o Detect Magic
    o Virtue
    o Resistance
    o Read Magic
    o Light
    o Guidance
    o Faerie Fire
    o Entangle
    o Produce Flame x 2
    o Speak with Animals
    o Spider Cimb
    o Cat’s Grace
    o Bull’s Strength
    o Barkskin
    o Restoration lesser
    o Remove Disease
    o Neutralize Poison
    o Magic Fang, Greater
    o Wind Wall
    o Freedom of Movement
    o Summon Nature’ Ally IV
    o Dispel Magic
    o Stoneskin
    o Wall of Thorns
    Last edited by Alexander_Hamilton; 07-26-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Shari fought back the urge to retaliate against the slightly human Oni's strike, feeling the nauseous, metallic scent of blood build up inside her nostrils.

This was bad. The monk knew she had little to offer the creature, and nobody in the group was exactly a star negotiator... Haru, maybe, but there was no way of telling if the Bakeneko was just toying with them in the first place...

"Ha!" The robust monk suddenly made a low, grunting laugh. It was not a snap decision, and the plan re-wrote itself in her head as she talked. But pissing off people was the one thing she was good at, Shari figured. "You have any idea what you sound like?... Every rich old hag thinks she is the master of the universe, especially when cooped up in their little fortresses surrounded by paid bodyguards! You think we are scared of a skinny little overpriced prostitute like you? Especially one that's just using magic to avoid letting us know her true decrepit age? Don't make me laugh!"

"Why did you think we just used the front door? I bet I could turn you inside out, one on one, anytime! I bet you those hostages there, even!"

There was no room to subversively suggest her strategy towards the others without giving the game away, but distracting the inhuman woman was her plan in and of itself. She fully relied on the others going haywire and jumping the monsters the minute things started to go her way... or, well, you know, maybe if the Bakeneko was having a really fun time beating her up, too.

There wasn't a great deal she could do to tell if the wench was lying about her strength or not, after all.

Kana frowned as Shari insulted her, before sauntering over to Shari, pressing up against her and trying to be intimidating. While her looks were probably intimidating to most people in a sexual fashion, Kana's body wasn't exactly physically imposing, especially considering that Shari had more muscles on just about any part of her body than Kana had in her entire one, let alone the fact that even Yuanjun's relatively less muscled upper body had more visible tone to it than Kana. Then again, Kana was a magical thing, so her lack of visible muscle mass may not have had any bearing on her actual strength. Still, she tried to look intimidating, despite Shari having nearly a foot in height on her.
    "First of all, they're not paid. Second of all, I haven't turned tricks for, oh, 140 years or so now, and I assure you I was worth every copper. Third, ladies who look like Oni probably shouldn't insult other people." She glanced towards Yuanjun and Ryo. "If Thunder Thighs and Compensating-For-Something stay out of it, I'll have my husband and his ex stay out of it."

She looked back to Yuanjun again. "I don't trust her not to interfere." She walked over to Yuan. "You get involved, and the Hakagoto skewer your friends over there. And that goes for you, too, samurai."

Kana stepped away and smiled at Shari before assuming a fighting stance. "I'm not going to try and kill you, on purpose, or anything, but, like, you are still a fragile, weak, ugly little Human, even if you look like a Oni, and I really can't be held responsible for what happens. You Humans break so easily."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Shari tensed up whilst the creature was busy rubbing up against her. Truth is, she was intimidated. The way that it smelt, the way that it caught the light, the way that it moved- All dropping her subconscious hints that reminded her way more of Rin than she would have liked. Her scars itched.

"Like I'm supposed to believe any of that..." Was the best retort she could think of, rubbing some of the ache from her nose before taking up a combat stance of her own. It was difficult to keep her eyes off that unnaturally perfect form, despite the best of her training. "At least I attractive at some point without your damn magic."

Her sudden pounce was a bolt, a sudden uppercut, followed by a straight jab, then a shallow kick to the knee from the opposite side.

SPOILER! :
    Will Save;
    1d20+9=22
    Shari failed not to be distracted, and thus takes -4 AC to her attacks. :/

Attack rolls;
    1d20+20=28, 1d20+12=23, 1d20+7=25

Damage rolls;
    1d6+6=10, 1d6+6=7, 1d6+6=7
    (-24 HP total.)

Despite the allure of the creature sapping her will, Shari's agitated strikes managed to impact soundly with the woman's body none the less.
    Last edited by Regantor; 07-26-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Yuanjun rolled her eyes and muttered. "Well, we're fucked."
    Apparently she wasn't too confident in Shari's abilities.

Kana's smug smile was wiped off her face as she yelped in pain as Shari's blows connected. She apparently wasn't expecting Shari to be able to hit her. "Fucker!" She cried before sending a hard fist into Shari's face followed by two kicks to her upper body. She was strong and, unsurprisingly for something that was arguably more cat than Human, very fast.

Attack Rolls
    49 Damages to Shari from 3 Attacks!

Kai crouched next to the hostages in his incorporeal form, tensed and ready to throw them out of the way at a moments notice. Even still, his face twisted in agony as Shari suffered under the unnatural woman's blows.

Shari grunted and winced under the incredibly heavy blows, doing her best just to retain footing. A sinking feeling grasped a hold of her stomach as she realized just how much the scenario resembled fighting a kitsune. Could she even hope to slow the abomination down enough to distract it?...

The monk could only hope the others would know what to do if it came to that.

SPOILER! :
    Will save;
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3626058/
    (Failed again.)

Grapple attack;
    1d20+19=29, 1d20+8=17
    (The first hits, the second misses.)
    Grapple check;
    1d20+23=37
    (vs Kana's super unlucky 22! Shari wins!)
    Damage roll;
    2d6+6=10

She is pinned and looses 10 hp.

A blind grab for a wrist somehow found purchase. The thing was so haughty and nonplussed that she didn't react at all... So Shari yanked the woman around on impulse, and used the momentum to kick her left knee so that she fell backwards into the monk's grasp. Wrapping her legs around the thing's torso, the brawny monk then just sat on her back and continued the yank the arm backwards forcefully at the shoulder.

It worked so well that Shari seemed a little shocked herself. The low born oni-girl had actually managed it, and wrangled a bakeneko face down onto the floorboards...
    Last edited by Regantor; 07-26-2012 at 09:19 PM.