Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Babes, Samurai, and Giant Turtles (C)

"We can't really sneak past them." Ryo shrugged.
    "If you don't want to fight you could scout ahead a little more."

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Yuanjun gave Kai a Look. "You and I both know that she would revive you if she was able." She shrugged. "But yes. No one should be losing their head, or other bits."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Kai nodded to Yuanjun. "I know, but I don't want to be revived. I want no do-overs. I don't want to come back diminished." He glanced at Ryo and smiled, "I intend to. After all, someone has to know what's coming before we blunder into it."

Shari shrugged, arms crossed, uncomfortable with either sending Kai back inside alone or loitering out the front. Her eyes briefly met with the roof tiles, and then with Yuanjun. Her hands produced a thickly knotted rope.

"Ryo is too noisy, and I would be surprised if my heavy butt doesn't go through that roof." She spoke with a calm agitation, patting him on the shoulder knowingly. It was clear she didn't want him to go, but was trying quite hard not to patronize him or his abilities. "But if I think you could take Yuan if you wanted..."

"...Sorry... The only other option seems to be a frontal attack. That's risky if we don't know who or what we are after."

With a furrowed brow, the look she gave Yuanjun afterwards neatly spelled 'Can I throw you a bone without you biting off my hand here?'

"I think I could make it up there. And I don't think I'm that much lighter than Shari but I definitely know how to carry my weight better." Yuanjun was arrogant, but it was kind of hard to deny that she was a fair deal more graceful and dextrous than Shari. "If that's your plan, I'm up for it." She shrugged. "Can't Haru fly up there too, or does Shari need a babysitter?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"If he thinks he can stay on the roof, sure." Shari realized how arrogant it probably sounded, but said it anyway. Getting the only one who could perform healing magic killed didn't seem like such a great idea. It didn't help that she was feeling rather useless being stuck outside herself. "I can always make a pile of anyone who comes to check on these guys, until you get back... Just no randomly executing prisoners this time, please. The entire point in us being here is for the information."

Kai glanced from Shari to Yuan and back again. "No. I'll only be slowed down by the lovely Yuanjun's less than stealthy sneaky abilities; if we got into a tight spot she can't just cease to be corporeal and run through the nearest wall- and neither can Haru." He touched Shari's cheek gently, "Look, I'll check the second floor for other in earshot undead nasties, then our best bet is to take out the undead. Together. As a team." He smiled, and kissed her. "That way you'll be right behind me. There is no-one I'd rather have there."
    Last edited by zizi; 06-20-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Shari went to argue with him, held the words in the mouth, then simply did her best to not to appear quite so flustered by his comments. She appreciated it, of course; Despite the best of a decade spent murdering people with them, her hands still urged her to hold onto him. But it wouldn't be right, here and now. Not with Yuan looking on. Not with the prospect of beating some answers out of a corrupt official immediately possible.

"...Take care of yourself, then." The monk remarked instead, reluctantly. Her hands gently made contact with the front and side of his chest, and her lowered head brought itself into proximity with his. It was a false start, however, leading to a self-conscious glance towards Yuan, and then her breaking off. She finished with her side to him, arms crossed, eyes concentrating on spotting any approaching patrols. "Please be swift, Mister Kai."

Kai nodded, then moved silently to the wall. He climbed up, sticking to the shadows as best he could. When he reached the top, he crouched down, took a breath, and leapt across the space between the wall and the roof, slipping into incorporeality as he flew.

He moved to and through the wall into the hallway beyond.

Kai had landed in a short hallway. On either side was a doorway. From the other end of one doorway he could hear heavy breathing, like an Oni's, as well as feminine sobbing. The female voice was a bit deep and earthy for a woman's, but not distorted like the jawless... thing's below.

He though he could hear some muffled voices, but between the heavy breathing, the door, and the sobbing, it was a bit hard to tell.

Oh, and there was dirt on the floor leading through the hall. Clearly those zombie-things or something like the had been this way.