Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rane (B)

"Oh dear. Sounds frightfull indeed." Irveska continued the show of false stupidity. "But we were ordered to personally bring a little information here by word of mouth. I'm not sure why. Wizardy stuff?... Anyway, how would one go about personaly talking to Rane. Does she normally have visitors?"

They didn't exactly look like the most professional party of mercenaries ever. As long as looking at her chest was better than standing around doing bugger all, Irveska figured she could sap him for a little more information. It was certainly a better idea than asking the more 'elite' minions...

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    One of the guards shrugged. "You gonna try and kill her? Good luck, sister."

Another chimed in. "She has visitors, but they're always either village leaders paying tribute, or whatever guy she's currently letting bone her."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"...Erm, charming." Irveska was having trouble keeping up the facade now, but kept to it for the sake of consistancy. "Well I guess we should see ourselves in, then?..."

Without really thanking the gruff soldier or bothering to listen to a response, she just waved a hand for the others to follow behind her and walked towards the inner confines of the city. The lynx looked bored, but kept her eyes open.

"Smooth," Davlin laughed as he sauntered up to Irvy with Grila in tow. "You are certainly pretty good at this whole thing."

Davlin bowed to the guards and then entered quickly before they could comment on the fact he was leading a Goblin into town.

The party got a large room with multiple beds at the nearest inn to the palace. Grila felt the accomodations were "big enough for Grila. Where the hu-mans and Davleen sleep?"

Some time during the night Irveska, and maybe others, were awoken by the sound of something thudding against the window and a voice coming from outside. "Irveska darlink you are in there, yes? It vould be very embarassing vor me if this vas the vong place."

It was Dietlinde.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Irveska had been using Septimie as a big gruff teddy bear for most of the night, despite how dejected it clearly made the larger woman feel. She was probably thinking about Mariana, the lynx suspected, but since they had to share the same bed anyway, Irvy just figured she'd get the most out of it. The enemies were piling up, after all; It was a lonely note to try and get to sleep on.

A repeated thud at the window. The mercenary dragged herself from under the covers and peaked out at a high angle, trying to remain unseen. The sight of Dietlinde hit her with a wave of nausea that she didn't quite expect, and it took her a few more moments to unclasp the window. It wasn't that the woman didn't enthrall her; It was the idea of dragging yet another person that she liked into what Irveska seen as her own personal suicide mission.

"...Dietlinde?... You better come inside, quickly..." She spoke breifly, hoping that the woman had some kind of gawky levitation power like the stories suggested. "What are you doing here?"

Dietlinde proceeded to assume gaseous form and drift her way into the room before reforming into her normal, lovely, form. Immediately she gave Irveska a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Hello again, my little tease," the Vampire said with a wink. "Vell, vor vun thing, Irveska, I confess that I am infatuated vith you." She gave a bit of a shrug and a laugh. "You're quite the charmer. And vor another, I vigured it vas vong to just leave you all to this task vithout some help, you know?" She gave Irveska a smile. "I am nearly as strong as I am beautiful, love, and just as clever."

"Oh, I killed a Incubus on the vay over, by the vay. He seemed to have vorgotten that 'no' means 'no' so I vound myself needing to vemind him. Vun less problem to vorry about, see, I am helping!" A big smile.

"And do not vorry about me, Irveska. I have already taken preparations. If they kill me, vell that is just a minor inconvenience vor me. Vampire, vemember?" She laughed again.

Irveska sighed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes, face suddenly reddened by the cold influx of air from the steet. Or, at least, that's what she'd say if Dietlinde asked her.

"Well, you're certainly full of suprises, I'll give you that." Irveska sounded a little gruff, possibly tired, possibily teasing. She made a point of closing the window quickly, manuevering so that Dietlinde's hands were around her waist from the behind. The hug or the kiss wern't returned, but the Lynx made it pretty clear she was enjoying the attention. "But I guess killing one Incubus in this place won't raise too much attention... Could even be handy to have you around, even..."

Taking one last look out of the window to make sure nobody noticed her, Irveska then finally turned back to Dietlinde slowly and softly caressed the side of vampire woman's jawline with the back of her fingers. "Hell, who knows what other skills you haven't had the opertunity to show us... Could be handy to have you around, definately!"

"How I wish we were here now," Davlin sighed contently to Grila as they walked arm and arm through one of the sprawling groves near their hillhome. Grila paid the relaxed gnome little mind, too entranced by the fluttering of butterflies dancing in the wind to give him any meaningful attention.

The fresh clean air, clear blue sky dotted with fluffy white clouds and the simple sounds of nature. It was too good to be real.

...u are in there, yes? It vould be very embarassing vor me if this vas the v...

Davlin could feel himself stirring from his slumber, rather than rising to deal with whatever was happening, he just let himself slip deeper into sleep.

And almost immediately he was back in the grove amongst the hillhomes, small animals frolicked amongst the wild flowers at the base of the giant trees and bees and butterflies made themselves busy. Davlin drew his sweetheart closer to himself, as she looked up and smiled the smitten gnome went in for a kiss.

tlinde?... You better come inside, quickly...

Davlin rose out of sleep again, only to fall back into his sweet dreams.

Grila laid dead on the grove floor as two gnomish celestials cleaned their blood soaked weapons. "Why?" Davlin screamed as he ran to the fallen corpse. His sudden tears falling on Grila's bloody temples.

"It's for the best, she would never be accepted here." His father's ghostly visage kindly told his mourning son. "It's better this way, she would never be content with our way of life."

"How do you know?"

"Hell, who knows what other skills you haven't had the opertunity to show us... Could be handy to have you around, definately!"

There was no desire to return to the land of slumber this time.

Davlin, who was holding Grila pretty tight by this stage, finally got up. Wiping the sleep out of his eyes, he looked at the vampire and Irvy and instantly wished he was back in bed. Didn't anyone have any sense?

"Oh Irvy, never invite a vampire into your abode. It never ends well"

Dietlinde smiled at Irveska's touch but then gave Davlin a catty look. "Still vith that, Davlin? If I vanted to harm you I could have done it at pretty much any point on the vide over to here." She turned back to Irveska and laughed "Clerics."

Grila woke up and shoved Davlin off her. "What going on? Why pretty lady from earlier here? Why you all wake Grila?" She seemed grumpy.

Dietlinde smiled at the little Goblin before turning back to Irveska. "So, my little tease, vhen do you all plan of leaving in the morning? I do not need to sleep, just give me a chair and I vill be fine." She leaned in closer. "Of course, if I vas offered a bed, I vould not refuse it. Vell, unless it vas the Clerics - nothing personal, Davlin, but I do not do threesomes."