Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rane (B)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "Ah! But that vould be tellink, and vhere's the fvun in that?" Dietlinde laughed. "You are very beautivul, Ms... Lubov? You should not vear a mask. I'm sure I'm not alone in vanting to see the rest ov your beautiful fvace." She gave Irveska a genuine smile. "and do not vorry, darhlink, you are safe here vith me. I have brought plenty ov... fvood to last me the trip, and I don't bite or anythink."

"Vell, not unless you vant me to." She laughed, giving Irveska a flirty little wink.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"Call me Irveska, please." She amended, simply. The lynx had to admit that the vampire's soft, ungainly accent was rather cute, but her agitation over the refusal for information still made her wary. Accepting charity was bad enough. Thus, her attitude remained just as cold and distant as ever. "...and may I mention, not all of us are immortal, Baroness. Consider I find this mask to be a more comfortable lie than the truth."

"I won't insult you by asking that my companions stay off the menu. It would be helpful, however, with all due respect, if they stayed out of your race... Traveling only at night doesn't exactly line up with our goals, you see.... Other than that, I'm sure we'll get along famously."

"Irveska I am not a monster." Dietlinde said, sounding genuinely hurt. "I vould never, never force myself or our blood on anyvone." She said. "Bezides, ve have very strict vules about voo ve may touch vith our embrace." She gave Irveska another flirty smile, leaning over a bit as she did. "Ov course, Irveska, you are more than beautivul enough. And I love your outvit."

"Not lovink the mask so much, though. A pretty girl like you shouldn't be vearing a mask."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Irveska's expression remained exactly the same, and for a moment she just thought carefully about how to reply.

The mask came off with a brisk pull of the lace, and she lent in towards Dietlinde at a slightly lower elevation, close enough for them to feel one another's breath. Her head tilted at a slight angle, the red-maned woman's face bore an expression of attraction mixed in with a heavy note of scrutiny. "No, not a monster. Certainly not." Which element of her expression was honest was extremely difficult to tell, and her blank tone of voice only served to back this up. "But I have great difficulty trusting those with human elements, you see. No matter your morality, those in my line of work tend to be similarly suspicious of charity..."

"If I was doing something for you personally it would be different, but..."

Dietlinde smiled warmly at her. "You are very beautivul, Irveska. I do not knnow vhy you vould ever vear that dreadvul mask. Your face is simply stunnink." She seemed genuine in her compliments.

"If you vant the truth, darhlink, in spite of my teasink earlier, I veally don't know vhat Duke Alighieri negotiated vith my blood-sisters nor do I care to. I vas asked to this think by them, and as I love meetink new people, I gladly accepted. That's all. This is not some part of some grand scheme or anythink, or at least if it is, then I am as much a fool as the rest of you." She gave a shrug. "And vhat exactly might you do for me, personally, Irveska?" she asked, her tone clearly flirtatious. Irveska had noticed her checking out her chest a few times.

Grila, for her part, had already fallen back asleep against Davlin's shoulder and was drooling on him.

"...Tease you, at the very least." Irveska gave off a small grin accompanied by a short, heartfelt laugh. It was true enough that she liked Dietlinde's body and was pleased by her demeanour, but as Septimie would know, it took alot more than that to really get inside the rather sinsterly attractive woman's shell.

"Thanks for being honest." She then commented, leaning back in her seat, and altering the position of her rear slightly as if specifically to appease their hostess. Despite Dietlinde's comments, the mask hung at an angle within Irveska's left hand, modestly shading the scar tresspassing her lips. "Tell us more about yourself if you want... Beyond our position, I do find myself wondering how such a heirarchy works. I can't think of many other places with such socail mobility, to your kinsman's credit..."

"At the very least?" She gave Irveska a flirty smile. "I vonder vhat else I might have to look forvard to, then."

"Vell, I vas born 80 years ago. Ve vere peasants. Ve managed. Vhen I vas 20 agents of the local Countess took note of my beauty. Vun think led to another and the Countess granted me her embrace. That vas sixty year ago."

"My blood-mother did more than just grant me the blood-gift. She taught me thinks. Vonderful thinks. I'm the first person in my family who can vead. My father vas so proud! She taught me history, and about the vorld, and all sorts ov vondervul thinks. I'm forever thankvul for the opportunity and vondervul gift I have been given." She was beaming. "And I've forever to enjoy it all. I'll never grow old, never vither, never die."

"I know that you outsiders hear stories. About us and vhat it is like. I am not a monster. I look after the people of my barony. And despite vhat the stories may tell you, I am happy. I can feel." She leaned over and gently touched Irveska's face with the back of her hand. Her hand was warm and felt completely normal. "I can feel that. I can feel the varmth of your skin, Irveska. I can feel the wind in my hair. I can taste food - and no, not just that. I mean veal food. I can feel the embrace of a lover." At that last word she gently caressed Irveska's cheek before leaning back and taking her hand away. "I've lost nothink, and gained so very, very much."

"I do not know vhat your life vas like, Irveska, or the rest of you, but I do not think I can tell you quite how good that feels. Anyvhere else in the vorld, probably, I vould have lived and died a short, pointless, little life in my parent's home. I vould probably have been forced into a marriage vith some man I did not love, and my beauty vould have vithered and died vith me. I vould never have been taught to vead, never learned anything, and stayed a pretty little idiot - until I died an ugly, old, idiot."

"But now?" She said with a shrug. "Now? Now I can vead. I can vead, and I can vrite my name, and I know about the vorld, and about history, and about all sorts of things. I am not an idiot, and it is vonderful."

"Oh, and I'll live forever. There's that too." Dietlinde added with a laugh and a wink.
    Last edited by Kodos; 05-19-2011 at 09:18 AM.

"80 years?..." Irveska repeated under her breath, taking on a neurotic look that betrayed her underlying envy towards the beautiful vampire's position. Being pampered and cultured herself during her youth, she knew enough about the blood drinking kin's general folklore and abilities, but the thing about hearsay and books was that you always took their advice with a pinch of salt... Not so with the breathing, bleeding, fantastically constructed creature in front of her.

Sexual attraction was a trinket to Irveska, nothing more than an acquired asset. The same went for how human one considered themselves. But perhaps Dietlinde had grasped at somewhat more of a foothold on the lynx purely from what she represented?

With power like that, Irveska could retain her pristine body forever and linger in the company of similar souls by default... But it wouldn't exactly help her numerous quests for revenge. No, her furious, living heart could not rest with that kind of existence.

"You should stop using the word 'monster'... In my experience it's more suited to the humans it's applied to. As for the rest, people have a fickle nature towards things they have jealousy for." Irveska spoke carefully, giving her words an almost sympathetic hue. It might have even been a little too frank for her companion's tastes, even, but there would unlikely be a better opportunity to gain information about Dietlinde's kin. "Is it true... You cannot walk in the daylight?..."

Dietlinde gave a smile. "Vell, I could. I'd just die, horribly. So I don't."

"And, yes, it is also true I cannot cross movink vater outside my coffin, and I cannot enter someone else's property vithout their permission. All the stories of our veaknesses you have heard - those are probably true." She gave a gentle smile to Davlin. "See? No secrets. I trust that you all vill not try and use the information I have given you to hurt me, just as you trust that I will not try anything."

"You flatter me, though, Irveska." she laughed. "Not that I am complainink about that."

Septimïe first avoided comment out of awe, then out of jealousy at how easily and quickly Dietlinde had sidestepped Irveska's defences. She, never subtle, simply glared at the floor. When Dietlinde outlined her life story Septimïe had glanced up through her cascade of shaggy white tresses sharply, listening greedily. What must it be like, to be able to read? Or write? To understand those twisting marks on paper that others could glean such meaning from?

Septimïe tightened her lips and looked down. Why did she care? She was just a stupid, unlovely, ignorant, illiterate brute. She did not know about the world, she did not know about history. She was every kind of idiot that Dietlinde seemed to have despised so much within herself. And worse besides. Septimïe had done things she had never considered dreadful at the time; but the more time she spend in civilsed company the more she wondered if- unlike the elegant woman in front of her- she was the true monster. And what did a brutish ice giant need with books and reading?

Still... her gaze moved to her sword. On the hilt, in unskilfully cut Icekarl runes, was the sword's name. It had been one of her half brother's swords, stolen as she'd fled. He'd carved the name himself when he'd successfully become a karl. Their alphabet was simple, she knew, only a few runes that could be strung together to convey very simple meanings. Only the men were ever taught it; women didn't need to know when in the year a pass was safe to travel through, or what meat could be hunted in the vicinity. She'd often traced the runes with her fingers, wondering what meaning they held to other karls, and what meaning they held to her brother.

She'd never know, now. No-one outside the karl's knew the runes; why would they want or need to? Even if they had the karls wouldn't have enlightened them. Competition for food and safety was fierce enough in the North that no karl would ever give away the means to read the centuries of carved secrets there were to be found scattered around. Outsiders were almost worse than women, and less useful to boot.

Instead she crossed her arms and tried to just remember Mariana and the wonders of the time they'd managed to snatch together, ignoring the jealousy she had over Irveska and ignoring the stinging reminder of her own hopeless stupidity.