Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rane (B)

"She does sort of have a point, Dav... You believe in too many children's stories." Irveska sighed, giving the bridge of her nose another rub. Half the agitation came from the unwanted mental image of a threesome; Doing the dirty with a woman was bad enough in her mind, never mind getting it on with a midget priest... Or, hell, a member of the undead, entrancing and wonderful to be around as Dietlinde was... "We have all seen crappy priests before, right?... So doesn't it make sense that there could also be good... erm, sirens?"

Not really expecting him to agree, her eyes were drawn to the large complex rising over the town from outside the window.

"Dietlinde, honey... Would it be wise to wait for daylight, if you can't go out then? Also, could you even enter that little shack Rane has claimed for herself regardless?" The tone in her voice was actually rather nervous, lack of slumber betraying Irveska's normally hidden soft side.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "Vell, I could go outside in the morning, but I vould explode. Or melt. I am not sure, and I have made it a point not to place myself in a situation vhere I might find out." Dietlinde laughed. "Still, there are the severs and other tunnels beneath the city. Or I could have my ah... coffin smuggled about. There are vays and I am clever."

"Getting invited in vould be more of a problem, yes. Still. I imagine you lovely could get invited in after sundown, I could vait outside, and if things start to go bad, I vould be there to help." She gave a sad little smile. "I suppose it is a bit of a hassle, yes." She quickly caught her stride again though, giving Irveska a teasing laugh. "Vhy? Are you vorried about me, my little tease?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"Melt!?... You sound a bit too whimsical about the subject, if you ask me!" Irveska dodged the question and grinned. That said, exploding in daylight did sound like such a silly death that she found it a little hard to take seriously herself. Up close and personal, it was hard to believe that those fine curves and exquisite frills could convert into a mote of sentient gas as a second nature.

"Either way, I don't want that to happen, rest assured... Considering that we want to look honest, I don't know about sneaking inside, through." Irveska shrugged, displaying a hopelessly weary expression briefly, before looking back at Dietlinde again and disguising it. "You can be our hidden ace if everything goes wrong, but on that track, we should probably get this done tonight. Fancy looking after our wee olive damsel and the duke of disillusion whilst me and Septi are in there?..."

She looked directly at Davlin during the last bit, as if waiting for him to object.

Septi stared with naked hostility at the vampire. She did not appreciate being woken, she did not appreciate the sudden cold where Irveska's arms had been, and she did not appreciate the sappy way the redhead was staring at Dietlinde. She rolled herself a cigarette and half listened to the talk washing over her, occasionally glancing at Davlin and wondering what shades in his sleep had made his normally aggravatingly cheery face pale with fear.

Better to wonder about the little man's terrors than dwell on images of Dietlinde wrapped around Irveska.

"'Ow are ve even going to get in?" She asked pointedly, "Ve are nei'ser village council-folk nor ze men she- as ze guard put eet- 'bones'."

Davlin looked at the two women and with the most smarmy accent he could muster he uttered, "I'm not sure about you but I can just teleport in. Perhaps we can work something out around that."

He winked at Dietlinde and vanished out of existence as he weaved his warlock powers, just to appear at the other side of the room and put his back to the wall. Using one of his first tricks, Spider Walk, he proceeded to climb up the wall. All the way grinning like a madman.

"Duke of disillusion," The little gnome scoffed from the top of the roof. "I have more experience than anyone here breaking into things"

"Tricksy gnome is tricksy." Grila nodded sagely.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"Vell zhat is just vonderful," Septimïe said irritably, "But vhat exactly are ze more... limited of us going to do? Not all of us can do ze disappearing 'sing." She lit her cigarette and took a puff, adding "And 'ow are you so sure zhat vould vork any'vay? Zis... Rane, she is supposed to be a powerful magic-vorker, isn't she? Vouldn't she 'ave..." she gestured vaguely, "magical 'sings to prevent such tricks?"

Irveska ran a few scattered scenarios through her head for a minute, trying to figure out what exact personality that Rane might have. A thumbnail came to her lips, and she darted a aggressive glance at something beyond the windows. The outer walls?

"...The cities defenses are a shit heap. I wonder if she's relying more on intimidation than actual security. It's very odd." The look passed to Deitlinde, and then to the still-sombre Septimie sitting up in bed. "Maybe we should act like some kind of crazy fanbase wanting to give tribute, and at the same time, our little holy man sneaks inside aswell. Shoots the wench in the back if everything goes wrong."

"That counts as tricksy, right?" The lynx gave off a sinister smile; Even she knew that was rather bending the rules.

The expression changed in a flash, now regarding at Septimie with a sort of adoration that was totally out of place. "Sorry, Septi honey, can we get you to dress up again? I know you didn't like it last time, but looking the part is probably important... You looked really hot, too."

Enjoying the current events a little too much, she was still a bit too absorbed to really deal with the woman's animosity towards Dietlinde. Perhaps, subconsciously, it was a sort of revenge for that night with Mariana. She didn't really want to hurt Septi, but childish attitudes die hard. The slightest loss of concentration and she found herself making the same mistakes all over again.

Dietlinde shrugged. "I am a baroness, lovelies, do not forget. Perhaps you could take advantage of that somehow? I vould not know. I do not normally go on adventures."

Irveska just kept up that seductively vicious glare, trying to usher Septimie out of her obvious reluctance. The desire was a slightly shallow one, perhaps, -Irveska was a creature of ghoulish fashion, after all-, but that certain granite she-titan effect that the frozen barbarian occasionally brought out was worth fighting for, she figured.

"Well, I guess we can use your presence to give our sudden appearance here some weight..." She responded to Dietlinde, alrough still progressively crawling closer across the bed to Septi. When she arrived at the large woman's side, she just planted a cheeky kiss on her head and rolled backwards, majestically laying backwards and wrapping her arms around the rear of Septi's neck. Half a sign of affectionate protectiveness, half autonomic show of matriarchy; The lynx was getting her power play on, and she wasn't particularly fussed with hiding it anymore. Facing Dietlinde now, she continued softly, with a sort delicately vindictive glint in her eyes. "...Yeah, I like that. You be yourself and I'll be your spokesperson. With you inside the walls, we can get Rane right where we want her, I think..."