Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: ClockHand WorkShop~Clock Hate painting.

@rub. Thanks man.
    @buny. Ya, the girls are not mean to share the page. Its actually a joke (inner joke) I have about bad comic covers. Basically it has all the things I hate on comic book covers but in a ironic way.

If you don't know anything about commissions, it doesn't mater, just state how much you would pay for one piece I have done. Example: "I would pay 5 dollars for the barbarian". You don't need to buy it or anything, just state how much you would pay for it, and so, when everyone state their values I can come with an idea on how much should I start.

Lineart.

Painted OC.

Papercraft canva.

Soon: Statues?

Lineart- ~$30

Painted OC- ~$40

Papercraft Canvas- ~$60

I'm judging on also how long this stuff takes to make.

Clock your style in that picture is really cool, kinda reminds me of FLCL.

I also really dig the colors in that painted OC picture with the fancy Platypus!
    Last edited by Joosh; 09-26-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Clock your painted OCs look awesome

for help with pricing your commissions, here are two articles that may help you - the first one is just general info on commissions, most of which I think you've already got figured out, but it has a little info on pricing. The second one is a very detailed one on pricing, which hopefully will help you work out how much you should charge good luck!

http://mayshing.deviantart.com/art/H...sions-54014057

http://www.elfwood.com/farp/thebusin.../priceart.html

Guys, thanks for the comments, critiques, links, help, words, texts, phrases, advices and others. Lately I have in a vortex of no time, practically because I have been working on a short film with a friend (I have been working this month and the previews one), and now that we are in the final days for starting shotting I have private myself of sleep, drink and eat in the most part. But well, ones this vortex is over I'm going to work more on the commissions things, my facebook shit to get more likes and a new project with another friend who just requested my some help (something that might jeopardize my planes of focusing on commissions).

Anyway, this is the cover I was working on for the film. Is not the final product but what I have done so far (keep in mind I have been doing 6 others pieces for the movie, luckily in traditional).

I just finished the fonts for the title (on a different file), I have some elements to add to the picture (different file) and the typo for some stuffs. I just need a bar code so it look more like a real product. AND I have to make 2 pages of comic pages, which is the only thing I have nothing at the moment and might make me kill myself.

It's looking very good, I really like the colours you chose and the style of the characters and I hope your film project goes well, it sounds like fun

sorry that I have nothing in the way of feedback :/

sry the film guys you were working with were retards
    I like this though, the purple shading looks a lot better with the saturation a lot higher

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    sry the film guys you were working with were retards
    I like this though, the purple shading looks a lot better with the saturation a lot higher
    To let everyone know why Toast is saying this.

This was what I did for the film, and one of the many thing that took my days.

This is what they printed (the photo is not blury, its actually that shitty printed).

Fuck I even made the fonts by myself.

Also, I made these as examples for commissions when I open them.

Lineart (Fencing Master on Posta di Donna).

Painted.

Pixel shit.

I also tried to make a animated gif, but I got annoyed because of some stuffs so I didn't finish it. Anyway, I'm going to also make animated gifs
    Last edited by ClockHand; 10-16-2012 at 09:20 PM.

those folks who hired dont know how to appreciate hardwork and quality art. its a pity that they didn't even invest in the printed version. good thing you didn't ditch them or something. i would have ditched someone like that. lol...

the commission sample looks awesome, especially the colored one. i like the way it was shaded.
    I'd buy one, but probably when i get my credit card lol. i have yet to set up a paypal account.

anyway, hope to see more of your arts. especially the animated gif.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Hey, sorry to hear about the movie thing. I hope you retained all rights to your art.