Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ClockHand WorkShop~Clock Hate painting.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Dig this fresh comic style you got going on, man. Good stuff.

There's something about the blue girl I can't quite put my finger on. The left foot seems very flat, and there's something about the leg muscles that take a ton of femininity away. Nevertheless, that mech is boss mang.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

That last one's really cool, but don't get lazy man; the cast shadow on the ground is kinda messy and it should start with the occlusion where feet meet the ground. You know that, push it all the way next time or I'll write you off my will

toast@ Stop staring to her boobs!

gunz@ I think we could all agree in a consensus that I take away some of the femininity of womens in my draws, like there is one that look some what manly or muscular (also some fatty around the belly). And even so I agree in your point and everyone else who have said one of my females look some what manly, I don't feel the need to change it. Even so I must take this suggestions on mind ones I try to make a more feminine girl (at the moment I have only drawn strong females). In resume, I agree with all those opinions, but at the same time I haven't tried to make feminine girls, but more strong (warrior?) females, so gonna take it in consideration ones I try a more normal female.
    For the record, the style is still in development.

rubisko@ I'm lazy, but I will try to finish the shades in other draws (probably in ones where the background is something I do care, lol). But I'm having struggles on the shades casted over the ground, specially because I'm trying other patterns of colors in some draws and cast of lights, which makes me really bother about shades at the moment.

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    I quite like characters of this nature. Anyway, I'm sure about how she's holding the sword. Firstly I don't think she would support its weight without holding it more tightly, but if she were to hold it tightly how she is holding it, she'd cut her hand!

The other thing I notice is her..right foot? The toes look really flat to me.
    Last edited by ScarletHue; 07-10-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

RatMan

I need to know what people think on my paintings; I'm in a constant concern that my art work is not enough to get a professional value or that it could but I'm losing the potential at not selling it, so what do you guys feel about my art work (paints)? Where should I focus more? And what do you like more (you can see more paints on the whole thread)?

really, I think in terms of paintings, you just need to worry more about neatness. That's really all that bugs me. Also, a lot of your earlier work like head break and tired of wanting are uncentered and really throw the pieces off. But I'm sure you get that by now

However, in terms of art in general, I think you should push yourself more and start to get into backgrounds and all that, mostly because I only see you draw characters. also work more on your boobs because the way you draw boobs are really weird looking

Generally in your work I think you should develop the style you used for your barbarian and archer. The high contrast, and the wood cut feel to those pieces are really cool. If you follow up on toasts advice about environment and architecture, and then prsent them in that same style I think a lot of people would be interested in that world.

As for this last rat-man, the main technical error you should watch is that the fingertips of the hand in front of the body creates a lot of tangents with, well, the body. I also think you should try to put in a few more visual clues to the narration here, as with any story you can't give up the whole thing at once, but if you don't leave stuff to answeer the viewers questions they'll get bored pretty quick.

Other than that, just push yourself harder. Make sure to finish up your paintings properly, and if you want to get more creative then just draw more.

Notes:
    -Center images (I feel I'm checking this after I did those paints).
    -Work on the barbarian and archer style (lets see if I do commissions some people might want that style).
    -Backgrounds (ugh, at the moment I have no project around backgrounds, but lets see if I made some time for it).

Also, currently working on a 16bit papercraft piece for a contest. I hope to finish it before the closing time, if I fail on this I'm going to post it here.

At the moment I'm also working on this piece, which is a fake comic cover for a film. I'm not getting payed for it, but I hope, when the money of the film get spend I might get some cash for this (specially because i have to do more draws).

And I'm thinking in opening commissions. But I have no idea how much to charge or slots to open, so if you guys have any idea, or if you guys have a value to give to my work or the best pay methods, please, tell me. Anything can help.

What else? Oh ya, I made a facebook art account to show pieces and hopefully sell those. I have one piece at the moment (the polished version of rat man), but I hope to fill the facebook account with more stuffs.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/ClockHand/152805124851668

Yeah, I love it.
    I found some tangents though, I marked them on this treasure map:
    SPOILER! :

Drawing looks incredible; lines are clean and crisp like a pro. The girl's face on the lower right side may need a little tweaking. Angle is a bit off. Aside from that, anatomy and pose look flawless. Also, it seems that the girls aren't meant to share a page. I mean, the poses aren't cooperating/ relating well to each other... but maybe you intended it that way, so i'm not really sure.

I can't really offer advice on commissions since i'm not familiar with that.

sorry if this was all i could say. anyway, good luck on your projects! i'm sure many would be interested to buy your art, considering your talent and eye for aesthetics.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/