Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Queen (A)

Makoto could read like the best of warrior-poets, but the kind of arcane, obtuse literary bricks that layered the walls here just bored her to no end. Even if she could read half the more obscure langauges, it's not like she knew anything about magic in the first place...

Regardless, she kept quiet and soldiered on, cautiously gandering through the next isle east of the main group.

Damn, do I need a drink...

SPOILER! :
    REG REJECTS YOUR MAKOTO AND SUPLANTS HIS OWN ('Cause Kodos told me to. :p)

Spot and Listen tests respectively;

1d20+15=21, 1d20+15=23

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    With a snarl, Saiza shoved the last book in the last shelf of the case back into its place. Gods, how would they ever find the damn thing? All they had to miss was ONE book. Maybe it would be hidden in shadow, or the titled would be rubbed off a little, or one of them would look away and look back and accidentally skip a volume.

He turned away and-

Screamed, staggered backward, fear and horror roiling up inside him. It was horrible, just horrible, so he screamed again-

"Huh?" Saiza reached for his forehead, which was lightly beaded with sweat. His entire felt tense, coiled up like a spring, but he couldn't imagine way. The fit of fear and shrieking been completely forgotten, like book titled swept over from an imperfect gaze. He started to inspect the shelves again with nary a thought to his unexplained tension.

Unbeknownst to our buxom heroine who had yet to re-read the revisions that Ulow had made to her impeccable translation of Undercommon, Veldan was probably the only one with any shot of finding the book.

Of course, the only one in the group who knew how to read the stupid language had neither the common sense to narrow the search down in what was obviously going to be a very organized library (Hey, Liches have a lot of time on their hands and are anal retentive enough to care) or the searching instinct of her friends.

Still, maybe she might get lucky

SPOILER! :

Spot and Search Check
    1d20+11=14, 1d20+1=9

Or perhaps she'll haphazardly glance over the books so she could pay attention to whatever the hell Saiza was doing
    Last edited by Lord_Windy; 08-13-2011 at 08:57 AM.

A monochrome mutli-armed blob hit Makoto at full speed, and she only just managed to keep her footing due to her well honed reflexes... Fur and pockets... Oh, it was Ulow using her as a ride again. Or, more correctly, Ulow using her as a pedestal so she could lean around the corner and see what was wrong with Saiza.

"Don'd scream he realize?..."

"He looks fine to me. That was super weird..."

"...Walky closer please..."

Shrugging again, Makoto just approached the tiefling from the behind and tried not to startle him any further. "Erm... Saiza honey, you okay?" The ninja whispered, instinctively cautious. They were in a liches' library. There was no telling what could come over any of them, so Makoto kept her guard up.

Ulow, on the other hand, had no such qualms, tugging violently on his sleeve. "Why you noisyboy? We're try'na sneak here!"

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    The group was suddenly aware that it was much colder in the room.

And they were not alone.

It was horrible, and it was standing right by the entrance. The thing had been a man once - it had been alive once - but now it was no longer either of those things. It's body was skeletally thing - literally - and its flesh was leathery and clung to it tightly in some places, while hanging loose or off in strips in others. His eyes and most of its face had long since rotted away, but scraggly black hairs still hung from its skull. It was wrapped in decaying clothes, and carried an ornate arcane staff in one skeletal hand. It reeked of death and magic, horror and inhumanity.

Klarkash Ton, the Scourge of Basarab, was visiting his guests.

Behind him, and to his side slightly, was a skeleton in armor. It was cradling something wrapped in sheets in it's skeletal hands.

Klarkash spoke, his voice hollow, empty, and complete with a ghostly reverb. It hurt to listen to. There was nothing human in him now, and there probably never was anything human to begin with.

"A Tiefling, a Chitine, three Humans, and a fox. You're not the usual fare. Who are you, why are you here, and why should I put off killing you long enough to hear the answer?"
    Last edited by Kodos; 08-14-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"I'm Veldan, a soulknife and I'm looking for a really evil book in your possession as a present for someone I don't really know because someone really important asked me too," Veldan blurted, obviously being scared and concerned about the situation didn't help much. She put Emi down and tried to move her out of the way towards Ulow with her foot before making a sad smile at her friends.

"My friends followed me here and don't know what they were up to." Veldan started again, finding a bit of confidence in what she found to be sacrifice. "I'm the only one who is interesting anyway, I can do Psionics. So you should let the others go because they are utterly useless; you don't want them to keep you from something interesting. They can see themselves out."

No-one was getting out of this situation, and again the same reason she made a deal with the Devils was the same reason she was happy to die for her friends. Perhaps Saiza would take the lead and run like shit.

Emi had none of Veldan's selfless spunk, instead deciding to do the intelligent thing and began to get outta there. Fluffing up and fleeing under the weighty bookshelves
    Last edited by Lord_Windy; 08-15-2011 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Emi is a coward!

"You say you are looking for 'an evil book.' Be more specific; what book are you looking for? Who is this important person who has asked yuo to obtain this book, and who is this book to be a present for? Finally, two additional points: First, you are lying about something. Lie to me again and I will track down your family and I will kill them. Second, you did not answer my question: why should I not kill you?"

The Lich waved a hand, annoyed. "And be quick, woman. I do not have the time to waste hearing your insipid lies."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"Liber Ivonis, Rin and the present is for Armitage." Veldan squeaked, wishing she could follow Emi under the bookshelves. "And I don't know why you shouldn't kill us. You might have to get rid of those godawful monoliths if you do and I doubt anyone, even one so far gone from what it is to be human, would want to deal with the monoliths as much as we do."

She looked at her hands and unleashed her bright green Mindblade to show the grotesque lich. "But I wasn't lying about being Psionic, I'm far more interesting than most of the others in that regard."

The moment Veldan said 'godawful monoliths' the Klarkash Ton cut her off.

"Shut up. Monoliths? What monoliths?" It sounded like it might be interested, but it was hard to tell.

"I...I...I'm sorry," Veldan stuttered at the 'man', "But I don't know what they are and I can't deal with them. Saiza is the only one who had any hands on experience with them I can't deal with it anymore. I feel like my first night away from my father again, I feel like watching Lina die."

Merely looking at her feet now in chaste silence. "I'm sure the others can handle it, but I'm not strong enough to deal with it. Not even you are going to be able to and you're dead"