Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: They destroy people. That's what they do. (A)

"Somehow more big make feel more empty." Ulow remarked, half to herself. It almost felt worse being in here than it did being outside. Too much open air meant too many directions to attack from. Rather than take the lead as before, she seemed to lurk as close to Mathias and Saiza as possible now, alternating between using the both of them as cover whilst she looked around.

"Methuhias... You magic-see whadh book? I can climb and find..." She whispered, tugging on the wizard's cloak whilst mimeing the act unconsiously. "You all miss hands and notd climb like good person as me... Notd ill fence..."

The psionic equivilent of looking through a key hole, Ulow took the procaution of trying to sniff out for any headclasper buisness, as useless as it might seem.

SPOILER! :
    Ulow casts detect Psionics.

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    Hands on his hips, Saiza scanned what he could of the room from his position. All this way and so close. It was a miracle that they'd gotten this far without being eaten.

"This is gonna take a while," he grumbled he shifted his bag of supplies of the floor. He shoved his hand blindly in, and after some rummaging, he removed a scroll of parchment and a little box of chalk. He handed both to Ulow. "Think you can write down the title? Don't know the language, so I'm going to have to go by how the words look."

Why, Saiza my dear. Please allow me to help! Veldan smiled while talking in a very proficient if stiff Undercommon, taking the scroll of Saiza. Little Emi popped up to stare at her beast of burden talking in moon language.

Veldan plopped her bags down to the ground and got to work writing out a couple of ways of spelling Liber Ivonis key terms for Horror, Necromancy and Books of Unspeakable Horror. She also put down on the piece of paper anything regarding Psions and more importantly soulknives (can't hurt to know a little more about this subject).

She also wrote down Fox in Undercommon, maybe the Lich couldn't be too bad if he had anything about the gorgeous little Emi in his library. Even the Worldsmasher had to have books about cute little critters
    Last edited by Lord_Windy; 06-27-2011 at 05:58 AM.

While Veldan scratched out the terms, Saiza went back to his discarded pack. He gave the monolith a touch, reassuring himself of its location, buckled the pack up, and tossed it over his shoulders. He took the paper and gave the terms a good hard look.

"Let's get going. This place is huge, and we're gonna have to get a good look at every book so that we don't miss it."

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :
    Search Check
    1d20+10=30

If only they had more time. A public library holds a lot of content, no doubt. But this. This is different; The Lich's collection would contain lore he himself would selfishly keep from anyone else.

But there was little time for that - what good are a bunch of old tomes to a dead man?

"I'd give you all a hand, but I'm really not the best at this." Mathias resigned. "I'll stay close, just in case"

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Search check! Also where the fuck have you been Duck? Get in touch! I was getting worried. x_X

And add me as a friend! I still can't fucking pm you!

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Ulow was distracted whilst Veldan was actually writing the terms down, but hoisted herself up by Saiza's forearm to have a look afterwards. "Naw, naw! Nay!" She objected, grasping the paper and producing a fist full of her own chalk, mostly toned yellow for some reason. "Words of things notd existd!"

Her prefered translation of 'Liber Ivonis' was 'Librarypeice Whiteish'. The next thing she crossed out was Veldan's 'Thouxkz' approximation of 'Fox'; They barely even had dogs where she came from, so she thought 'Nice beady redhair bug rat' was better.

"Zowy-dyube-jybguoj-dah-juq!" She proclaimed, awfully proud and holding it up like a child's painting. Probally would have been a good time to tell them that she'd never been to school....

None the less, her interest was sparked in proving that she was actually good at something, so she wandered westwards and kept her eyes out for any titles in undercommon.

SPOILER! :
    Search

1d20+5=14

Decipher Script

1d20+5=11

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    There were scores of books on necromancy, countless books that contained things that could be called horrors, and a few bits on foxes in books regarding different applications, recipes, and histories for the spell Fox's Cunning, among other things. Plus some stuff on fox veneration in Southern Izumo in general and Kusanagi in particular.

All that said, no Liber Ivonis yet.

Hopefully Klarkash wouldn't come down and find you rifling through his stuff. That'd be pretty awkward.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"Ugh..."

Saiza wasn't happy with how long this was taking, but how the hell else would they find the book?

He continued searching.

Ulow continued to clamber through the isles, taking elongated glances at anything she seen with an undercommon title, or bound in the hide of something clearly not from the surface. It made a welcome change, being able to read more than one or two words strung togeather; Reading uppitycommon made her feel like a child.

All this sudden determination sparked memories of Fillis and Rin. The spindily chitine girl dearly hoped all of the effort was bringing them closer rather than further away...

SPOILER! :
    Search;

1d20+5 =8

Spot;

1d20+1=2

Decipher Script;

1d20+5=15

...Being so caught up in the moment, through, she failed to spot a stray book in the middle of the isle. Now the only things becoming closer where her face and the floor. :<