Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Queen (A)

Ulow glanced over to Mathias' satchel, then back to Saiza, her face now a blank. It's a key to something. I know that. Convoluted thoughts, scrambling through her mind faster than she could grab at them. My freinds think it's bad, and it is bad. Bad but a big sea, and too big to contain only bad. What did he see? Did he know how to use the key in the dream?

Frantically, she dove at Mathias' bag and removed the jet black stone before the drowzy young wizard could react. With it in her hands, she stopped just shy of the prone tiefling and gave him a new expression. I know this is bad. It said. But if it helps me find him, then...

"...Whad you did see?" She remained still, her eyes unblinking with intensity. The stone was his to take, but the girl felt wrong to outright put it in his grasp... Something was off. But if it helps me find him...

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    "There were...I saw something. That happened in the past." The images were there, but jumbled. In truth, Saiza really did not want to force himself back into the memories of the dream yet. His mind felt painfully frostbitten, and he did not want to delve back into its recesses until it had thawed.

Saiza's bloodshot eyes fixed on the monolith. "That damned thing his caused me so much...Gods I should have destroyed it ages ago!" He crawled forward, and snatched it from Ulow. Painful, empty cold washed over him. Like a piece of his dream put in material form. He glowered at it furiously, and tensed, as if he was about to smash it. Then, his shoulders relaxed. Methodically, Saiza placed it on the floor in front of him, rested his crossed arms on top of it, and buried his head in his arms. "What did I do to deserve this? No one deserves this."

His body language was scaring her. Ulow held out her hands in a wary defense, alrough her heart already stung with guilt.

"You didn' see-..." Ulow spoke after a second, but cut the question short, warry of showing off her perceived selfish intentions. "...I'm sorry."

Doing all that she could think of to comfort him, she just sat adjacent and made a slow, deliberately visible move of softly caressing his hair. The woman couldn't cure him. She couldn't even explain what was happening, exactly. But she could at least relate to his torture, and she hoped that Saiza could understand that.
    Last edited by Regantor; 05-02-2011 at 09:17 PM.

"Well, maybe you should start by walking away from the..." Veldan's concerned voice trailed off as she stared at the monolith. Looking at the monolith was mesmerizing, the soul crushing loneliness of nothing was all that washed over her. Time slowed, there was no passing of time when there was nothing to measure it against. An instant felt like an eternity amongst the despair that the monolith just threw off like warmth from a fire.

It all came crashing back to reality as her little Emi bit her on the finger, sensing that her pack horse and friend was wandering off with the depression fairies. "Yes, that... thing. You won't feel better unless you put it away again, dwelling on it will just hurt"

Saiza lay still for a moment. Ulow's touch was surprisingly soothing, and he didn't want to move yet, and start addressing all of the shit he was in. Finally, he lifted himself off the monolith, though he kept his hands resting on the top of it.

"I guess you're right. I'll throw it in my pack in a minute." Actually, as horrible as the monolith was, its presence was somehow relieving. Like getting into a bath so hot that it burns, but not quite. "In a minute, but..."

"I saw things in my dream tonight. I have no idea what they mean, but they sure as hell mean something." As he spoke, Saiza's energy level shot up. "Something big is going to happen...something that happened before. I think? I saw Ilithids in control of Asul. Everywhere. I mean, even the other planes. Everyone was fighting them, even gods. Even Asmodeus. It was...it was insane. Something's coming. The Veil is lifting and something bad is coming out. When it was partially lifted, some kind of....incarnations of old gods came out? I have no idea what that means."

Saiza wrapped his fingers on the top of the monolith, eyes wide with disbelief at what was coming out of his own mouth. "And there are these two entities. They do that weird chant. And I saw an elf woman with glowing green eyes."

"Headclaspers in... control? Our goddess said tha' dreams whure lies, but..." Ulow spoke softly, looking at the ground. Dissagreeing with her 'goddess' Rin was not somthing she took lightly. "Voices from the stone oftan lead to truths."

"Who were entities? Elvth woman?" The chitine asked blankly, not really expecting him to answer. More than anything, she just seemed bitter and tired. "...Somethingy badness... We should finish this task in quick, and tell Miss Shurwiunae, I think. You feel good for id, Saiza?"
    Last edited by Regantor; 05-03-2011 at 11:37 PM.

"But why what's the point of lying about something like that?" Saiza, finally ,took the monolith and shoved it into his own pack.He lingered over it briefly before turning back to Ulow. "You're right.We should get out of here. Get things over with."

A pause.

"In the...'kitchen'. There were so corpses but, they were...fresh. Relatively speaking. Does...I mean...This lich keeps people here doesn't he? And that psycho butchered them."

"Maybe she think some truths better not knowin'..." Ulow replied somberly.

The chitine meekly examined the rest of the kitchen for any more details that might help them, looking back the group every few paces for moral support. It was full of butchered human meat and skeletons.
    Last edited by Regantor; 05-05-2011 at 10:57 PM.

"We talk about getting this over with, but we've no idea how" Mathias mumbled, still half asleep. The mystic rubbed his eyes as he followed the chitine. Here and there, he'd almost tumble over the corpses. "I doubt there's anything for us here, Ulow. No need to force yourself. We've still got more than our fair share of dead things we'll be needing to deal with"

"Even if I had proper sleep...waking up again into this castle will rob me off my sanity"

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    You made it to the third floor library without any other significant incident, just lots of undead on the way. Nothing too hard to handle.

The library was an enormous room, about 300x100 feet, and with the walls literally lined with bookshelves, from the floor to the 20 foot high ceiling. 24 other bookshelves of varying length but equal height were also present.

It might take a while to find the Liber Ivonis...

The air was rich with magic here, you could all feel it. It felt charged with life and power, with untapped potential waiting for release. Rin was right, you realized. The books seemed to resent being held here, their knowledge largely hidden and unused. You could almost hear them whispering...

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!