Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Red Queen (A)

Ulow slowly dropped her hands, looking jaded. Either it hadn't understood her undercommon rant, or just outright chose to ignore it. There had to be something they could do to talk their way out of this...

"Mister... please... please lisden to us. You know tha' we know the goddess of Izumo." She felt shame even using that self-given title in such a context. Death could come down on her head all it likes, but just giving up on the others seemed selfish... So she said the one thing none of them were probally willing to sink to for themselves. "S-she's a goddess you knows. Really truely. Wouldn' you want a favour from her glory?"

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    The Lich paused for a moment, apparently considering the Chitine's words. "The Shiranui harlot, whatever she calls herself these days, is a Tanar'ri, a Demon. Demons are not known for their trustworthiness. I admit I am intrigued at the prospect of her owing me a favor, but I do not have any confidence that she shall honor her debt to me."

"If I give you the book in exchange for the Illithid artifact and allow you to live, what guarantee do I have that Shiranui shall repay my generosity?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Well that certainly wasn't expected...

But this could be their ticket out, so he didn't waste any time entertaining about the idea that he had been completely and utterly fooled by Rin. He didn't like it when his capacity for knowledge still left him so vulnerable to coercion and lies...
    "You will get the Illithid artifact anyway, and she'll always owe you a favor - repay it or not. Isn't it a good idea to be on good terms, considering her age and influence. Demons are also known to be volatile. They act upon emotions, and at a whim, so one more thing she can remember you by...in a good way?"

The Lich glared at the group. "I will grant this, however if I am not rendered recompense for my generosity within a reasonable time, I shall begin with your families, then with yourselves, and then with the Tanar'ri bitch. I am immortal, ageless, and require not the prison of sleep or rest. You are not. You could not escape my punishment any more than you could your own shadows."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    Saiza, slowly, barely thinking about his actions, shifted his backpack to the ground. Removed the monolith. It rested between his palms a if it were supposed to be there. Time to get rid of it. Why had he even kept the thing around so long?

As the terror of imminent death by lich poured away, it was replaced with a deep, stone-hard anxiety so deep his bones ached. The threat of death or torture felt...far away. Miniscule. This was a bad situation, but they could still get away, right? They could do it.

No. Don't be crazy, Saiza.

Still, he hugged the cold thing close to his chest. "Here's our piece of the bargain."

As it did so, it proceeded to cast a spell, summoning forth a skeleton. The skeleton proceeded to move towards one of the other bookcases, out of sight, before returning with what was presumably the book in question. "Place the artifact on the floor, back away from it, and I shall give you the book." Evidently even the Lich was unwilling to touch the monolith.

Saiza grimaced, feeling the slight weight of the monolith in his arms. He didn't want to let it go. Remarkable, considering.

He took a cautious step forward, placed 'Lithy' on the floor, then moved back, as instructed. So they were either getting the book or losing the monolith and getting killed. Hopefully it was the former.

FUCKING FINALLY.

The skeleton proceeded to take the monolith with what appeared to be a shudder, before handing Saiza the book.
    The Lich waved a hand dismissively. "Now piss off. I have work to do."

The trip out was mostly quiet and awkward. When the group returned to the graveyard, at least their horses - and Blueberry - hadn't been eaten by monsters.

Back to Rin, now, I guess? Hopefully she wouldn't mind that they kind of indebted her to a horrible Lich.

"Well. Hello there Blueberry," Saiza said, and even he was surprised by the unrestrained misery in his voice. They were alive, which was great. First priority on their list. They also had the book. But...

Ugh.

"Least we have the damn thing," he said vaguely, trying to ignore the fact that it the weight of the book in his arms was no replacement for that of the monolith. Who knew what kind of crazy plans the damned lich had planned for it? He wasn't looking forward to explaining to Rin that, by the way, Klarklash wanted payment. She'd might as well have sent him a polite letter asking to borrow the damned thing.

He mounted Blueberry, who was more interested in a clump of tasty grass than his return. "Let's get the hell out of here."

They were alive, but Ulow felt that using her 'goddess' as a bargaining chip really wasn't worth it somehow. The idea of simply demanding such a burden from her seemed pretty decrepit. Pathetic, even. She suspected the others were thinking the same thing of her, too. Stupid, weak little thing can't even manage not backstabbing her deity, never mind taking care of her only son...

///

Makoto was just annoyed that yet again, they had only just about managed to escape with their lives, and she had barely even removed her blade from the scabbard during the whole ordeal. "Let's just get back to Rin already, guys..."

Distantly, she examined the condition of her horse, then looked around for her miniscule riding partner...

The chitine was several dozen feet away, crouched in the dirt. All of her hands were muddied, and at least one was in her mouth.

It was just all too much. The ninja didn't even want to know what the thing was thinking. Silently, she just pulled Ulow's hands away from her face, and hoisted her up into her arms apathetically.
    Last edited by Regantor; 04-27-2012 at 10:02 PM.