Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Red Queen (A)

I'm an Adult! Member
    "It's a big world, and not everyone is born big. I think wizards are just trying to even the playing field. If I can do good works while going grumpy for it, maybe that's not such a bad deal. No offense to you, Lady Rin. When Therion killed Amawasa, it wasn't that the good in my heart wasn't pure enough, or that I didn't have the conviction, no. It was because I was just a fledgling wizard who still mispronounces arcane jibberish every so often. I stumbled on one letter. One letter!, and Amawasa would still been here. . ." his voice began shaking, though if he was angry at himself, or Rin, or the world, it wasn't quite clear.

"We weren't exactly friends. But he was someone, with goals and dreams and aspirations, and my incompetence snuffed it. It's a big world, and I'm just small"

"I'm saying I respect the old man, and I'd like to belief there is good he has done, or would still do, by merit of his hard-earned powers. Is that wholly false? Did he just waste away in his tower and accomplished nothing, truly?"

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Rin gave Mathias a sad smile and crawled over to him, sitting down in front of him and placing a hand gently on his face. "It is not your fault. What happaned to Amasawa is not your fault. It's my fault, Mathias, not yours. Never yours." She kissed him softly. "The world is very big, Mathias, but that doesn't make you small. Nobody is small. Everybody matters." She smiled at him. When Rin Shiranui smiled, it was like the sunrise. Everything was. Blinding and beautiful and somehow warm and reassuring. "And you don't need magic. You only need to do the right thing, handsome." She took Mathias' hands in hers, her merest touch somehow insanely arousing and erotic in a way most kisses weren't. "Your magic didn't save Claudia from that place, didn't save Claudia's life. You did. You, Mathias Blythe. Therion has forgotten more magic than you will ever know, love, but somehow I don't think he's ever saved any lives. You have. You saved that girl back in Brookhaven, too." She hugged him close. "You are stronger than you know, handsome." Letting go of him, Rin looked him in the eyes and cracked up. "Although you are kind of like the most boring nerd ever. I mean, seriously, saying no to not only me, which is fuckin' crazy to start with, but an orgy with Ulow and Makoto too? I mean, come on!" Makoto responded by giving Mathias a flirty wink and blowing him a kiss. Given her facial expression, it was probably her just teasing and playing along. Rin just laughed.

Oh, Rin.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Ulow grasped the string as it was being put back around her neck, and refused to let Rin put the necklace back on her. There was a small tingle of weightlessness as the chitine dragged herself to her feet using her mindgift, and then slowly came to a stop in the middle of the room. Her feet uncurled and flattened themselves rather awkwardly, taking a moment to remember how to stand.

~"What exactly would you have us do, Rin?"~ Her voice was more clear and concise than seemingly possible, a soft whisper in the ear, alrough her lips didn't move as she spoke at all. The ability was nothing new to those who knew her, but the sentiment was. She sounded... awake.

~"I'm fine with just following Mathias and Makoto wherever. I don't know what I'd do without them, really..."~ A multitude of hands hid her face. For a thing that slept constantly, she still always seemed so tired. ~"...But... But you still should have found the time to tell me, if you didn't think Fillis was real."~

"I'm tou tireyd to be angrye." The voice came from her mouth now, but it sounded like a husk compared to the strength of her mind. "Just don' taulk to me like a child."

She thought about Klavier. She remembered his company, but she couldn't remember his face at all now. She wished Makoto would still take the time to play her flute. She wished that she could have helped Mathias with his studies all this time, instead of hiding away so uselessly.

Claudia

Rin looked at Ulow with a sad and sympathetic look on her gorgeous face. "Oh, Ulow." She breathed, touching a hand to the woman's face. "We need to talk." Makoto hugged Ulow and kissed her cheek. "I'll be waiting outside the harem, if you need me." She said to Ulow before making her exit.

Before Mathias could leave, Rin stopped him. "No, wait. Ulow, you wait here. I will be right back, okay? You can make a pillow fort if it helps?" She gave a little laugh, largely joyless, and walked out with Mathias.

"Claudia's been... well she tried to kill herself once - no, no! Relax! Only once! That's like, really good. I think. I don't know. I've, uh, you know, never really had to deal with this sort of thing before. But she's strong. She's stronger than she knows. You saved her life, Mathias, truly, you did. She wants to speak with you. I guess that now's as good a time as any. I have the joyful task of telling Ulow her son is dead." Before Mathias could respond to that dramabomb which, in fairness, he likely knew as much as Rin and Makoto did - it was always kind of hte elephant in the room - they reached some room in another area of the palace. "You, wait here." Rin instructed, knocking on the door before entering. "Claudia, babe? S'me..."

Rin was gone for a short while before re-emerging. "Claudia would like to see you." Before Mathias could enter, she stopped him and pulled his face up to face hers (I'm assuming Rin is probably a bit taller than Mathias. If nothing else since she's wearing geta). "You're a good kid, Mathias, and I meant that. I meant every word I said to you. But you're also kind of a dumbass sometimes. Claudia needs you. I'm not asking you to lie to her, or make her promises you do not intend to keep, but I am telling you that if you break her, I'll break your fucking legs." Rin sounded fairly intense and serious, although somewhat sabotaged by the fact that her voice was so insanely erotic she could make a spellbook sound like the most tantalizing erotica. Still, she only held for a moment before laughing. "Well, I mean, I wouldn't break your legs. I'm just a hooker, and not like one of those beefy agony aunt ones. But Makoto probably could. Probably would, too, if I asked her." She gave a wink. "But, seriously, Mathias, don't be a shithead to her okay? She needs you more than you know. And I think you need her too. Fuck, we all need each-other. I dunno. I'm just a hooker." She gave him a kiss to the forehead and made her way back to Ulow, leaving Mathias outside Claudia's room.

Claudia was seated upon a divan in a rather lavishly furnished guest room. It was the capital palace of Kusanagi, after all. She was wearing a revealing kimono - her taste in attire evidently hadn't changed, and still took enough care in her appearance to ensure her make-up was immaculate although Mathias knew from traveling with the red haired beauty that she really didn't need it to look stunning. She was, of course, wearing a bandage around her right thigh to hide her brand.
    She gave him a weak but sincere little smile as he entered the room. She looked as stunning as ever, but Mathias could see it in her eyes as he, at her silent motioning, took a seat besides her. She looked okay.
    She wasn't okay. She wasn't okay, and she was terrified she never would be.

She put a finger to his lips. "No. Shush. Don't talk. I'm sorry, I-I shouldn't tell you what to do. But, please, let-let me talk, okay? I need... I need this." Claudia said softly before taking a deep breath and a deeper sigh.

"I've done... I've done terrible things, Mathias. I've killed people. I've tortured people. I've damned people to an eternity of suffering they did not deserve. And I enjoyed these things, Mathias. I enjoyed them. I did them because I was asked to, sometimes, but always because I wanted to. I liked it. It made me feel good." She turned away from him and went on, evidently unable to look at him, her long crimson hair obscuring her features, her voice shaking. "I had planned to torture you, Mathias. Planned to torture and kill you. As an offering. As an offering to him. I would have killed your friends too, Mathias. All of you.
    This, too, I would have enjoyed. I would have enjoyed the boons these actions would have afforded me, but I would have enjoyed the acts themselves, too. I would have enjoyed torturing and killing you, Mathias." She was weeping now, as she turned to face him, sobbing heavily.

"I don't know why I did these things, Mathias. I don't know. Ma-may-maybe-maybe I was scared. Or I was greedy. Or I was just a stupid bitch. I don't know. I was trying to excuse the inex-I don't know. I-I-I-I I don't know. I don't know, Mathias. But I know that nothing I can ever say or do will undo what I have done. Or make up for them." She was sobbing more heavily, now.
    "I'd like to tell you that I am a different person now, but I can't. I don't believe that. How can I be? I'm still me. I remember doing these things, Mathias. I remember how good they felt when I did them. What's it matter how I feel now? I'm still me? I did those things, Mathias. Me. Me, me, me, me, me. All me. No one else to blame." Claudia took Mathias' hands in her own shaking hands. "I've changed since then, Mathias, oh gods please believe me! But-but-but! But I'm still me! I'm still her!
    I know I don't dese-deserve your sympathy, Mathias. I-I know this. And I-I, I, I don't bl-blame you if you hate me. You should hate me. I know I do. Ri-Rin told me that all of that is in the past. That I don't need to carry all that I have done with me. But-but-but I do, Mathias. I do. Every-Every night. Every night it comes back to me. All of it. I hear the screams. I smell the blood, and the sweat, and the tears. I see all that I have done and all that I would have continued to do." Claudia took a deep breath, holding Mathias' hands tightly still, but seeming to at least get her crying under control. She let go for a moment to wipe her tear-soaked face with a nearby cloth, before taking his hands back in hers once more. "I'm... I'm sorry. I think I can continue, now." She said after a slew of sniffles.

"I understand that part of repentance involves accepting the just consequences of one's actions. I do, Mathias, I do. I know what I have done, and what I deserve. But... but you-but you showed me a little kindness, Mathias. You showed me a little kindness and-and that's so much, much more than I deserve. You-you took me wi-with you. You took me with you even after all that I have done. And you knew. You knew, and you took me with you. I am a monster and still you didn't leave me," Claudia started to shake more intensely, closing her eyes tightly shut, "didn't leave me back at-back at-back at that place. You took me with you. You saved me. Back at D-Dore you even shared a bed with me when-when I was too afraid to sleep-to sleep alone. Even after all I did to you. Even after all you knew. Even after everything." Claudia leaned in close to him, her forehead nearly resting against his.

"I... I know you're a fair deal younger than me, Mathias but... I don't care. I don't care, Mathias. And I know I don't deserve to be forgiven, and I know you of all people shouldn't forgive me let alone... let alone... Mathias... I... Mathias..." She had begun sobbing heavily again.
    And then she kissed him.

Rin and Ulow stuff coming later. I figured this deserved it's own, and it's not like Reg will reply before Duck does, anyway.
    Last edited by Kodos; 07-06-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

I'm an Adult! Member
    It wasn't that Mathias hadn't any issues of his own. Moreso, it was precisely because of his issues that he is hardpressed when dealing with Claudia. When he entered the room, he had almost try to approach her as cheerfully as possible, but that was cut short when the redhead started crying and eventually kissing him.

He took it, reluctanly at first. Then he brought his hands over her ears, brushing them down her thick locks of hair, grabbing them firmly. It was now Mathias who was kissing Claudia, and it was all he could do not to press her down, not to tear her dress open.

She needs me, more than anything. I don't want this, but I do. She is my trophy, my proof, and that's why I don't want this. I don't want her because I just want her. It's sickening. I'm sickening. I need her, fuck.

He drew his face out, but his hands still held her firm and close. "You," he kissed her again "You're strong. Stronger than anyone I've known. Stronger than me. You don't have to take this alone. I'll take it with you. Tonight. Tommorow."

I'm in love

"I want you, I miss you, I care about you, s-so don't go away. Don't run away. I..I love you. Claudia." he pushed her down, looking at her tearful face, wiping wet trails off her face with his hands.

Should I let Claudiapost happen?
    Last edited by Dusky_Duck; 07-06-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Claudia just wept on Mathias for a while before finally calming down enough to talk. She gave him a half-sad smile. "No. No, you don't." She put a finger to his mouth, shushing him before you could respond. "Don't. You think you do, but you don't. You barely know me." She sighed heavily, adjusting her chest in her kimono and absent-mindedly fiddling with the bandage on her thigh. "But you will." She kissed him again. "I want this, I want you; I want to give you that chance to-to love me." She was starting up again, but managed to calm herself down.
    "I know that where-wherever this goes, you won't leave me." She was starting up again. "I don't... I don't know that you can love me. You think you can, because you are kind, and stupid in your own wonderful way," she gave a joyless little laugh and paused for a bit, taking deep breaths and collecting herself. "I'm a terrible person, Mathias. Rin says I'm not; that I need not be constrained or defined by the things i have done. I don't believe that. Gods, fuck, I'm repeating myself." She shook her head, red locks cascading about. "Maybe you can. I think she does, in her own strange way. I don't, I don't know. Maybe you can learn to love me, Mathias. I don't think I can. I don't think I can forgive myself. I think I'm too weak. I don't think I can. Move past what I have done. Or maybe you and Rin and Veldan are just, you know... wrong. Maybe I don't deserve this. I don't know... I don't know much of anything anymore." She sighed, looked like she was about to start weeping again, but caught herself, fixed her hair, adjusted her chest in her kimono, and forced a smile. "I'm okay." Claudia put a hand to his cheek. "But... I do know that I want this. With you. To try. We'll just... see where it goes... I guess?"

Claudia gave a tired laugh. "I've lived my life so far believing that there was a grand cosmic design, a plan for everyone and everything. I knew where I was going. I was good, you know?" She perked up a little. "At what I did. I was real good. Among the best." She sounded equal parts proud and revulsed. "The Tyrant himself took an interest in me, I'm told." Nothing but disgust and terror, there. "I knew, Mathias. I knew where I was going. I knew that everything was going according to plan. And now... I don't. I don't have that anymore. I don't have my pride, or my certainty, or much of anything." She was quiet for a short while, just resting her head on his shoulder.

"But, you know. I have you. And Veldan. And Rin. And that's not all so bad." She sounded genuine enough. She kissed him again. "And I still have my looks, so I guess there's that." She gave another little laugh. "Gods, I really am the worst." Claudia gave him a smile, she looked, well not happy, but the closest she'd come since all this began. "I don't know what's coming next. I don't know that you will be able to love me, or I you. I don't know that I will ever be able to be the person you think I am capable of being. I don't know. But I know that I want to try. And I guess, here, now, the trying is good enough
    It's all we really have, anyway, right?"

Rin sat down and took the little Chitine's hands - all four of them - in hers. She forced a smile and took a deep breath. As always, her touch was more sensual and intimate than a kiss with, well, anyone who wasn't her really. "Ulow, love," Rin began in perfect, unaccented, Undercommon, "I love you. I love you very much. Because I love you so very much, I am going to tell you the truth. Truths I have kept secret from you for the protection of both of us, and truths I think you already know but could not face because you are so very beautiful and the world is so very ugly.
    Well, uh, to start with... how old did I tell you I was? 24? Eheha, that's, uh, well..."

Rin told her. About how she had come to be, about Da Ji, about Sogi, about Hoji, and about a great many other things. Unsurprisingly for something that was far closer to a goddess than to a mortal and who had lived a life that was literally as old as civilization on Asul, Rin left out much. But she didn't omit Genno, her first love. Or the story of the children they shared. Or of many of her other children, before and after Genno helped her learn that she need not be the monster she had been.

Rin had been a mother many times over the ages, but not at all in anything one might consider recent - even by her lifespan. It had become, she explained, far too painful. So many of her children died of violence, some in service to their mother and her goals to make amends - to make the world something less ugly than it was - and some died in unrelated things. And so very many died because they were mortal and she was not. And Rin was very many things, fox, Human, goddess, monster, mortal, woman, whore, empress, and more, but so too was she a mother. And maybe it was a weakness, she explained, weeping openly and holding Ulow's hands tightly, but she could not - she would not - bury any more of her children. She could not bear to watch her beautiful babies go where she could not yet follow. The goddess could not bear the pain.

When her story was finished and she had calmed down somewhat, and Ulow had had the time to process it - although Rin would not let her respond just yet - Rin continued, still holding Ulow's hands in hers. "Ulow. Fillis is dead." She was weeping again as she told her. "We-we both-we both know this. That is what the monsters-what the monsters do. They destroy people." She pulled Ulow in close, embracing the other woman tightly. "I am so sorry, Ulow. I am so, so, so sorry. I would bring him back, if I could, if it were within my power. I would go with you, down to the Underdark, I would rain my wrath and my fury and my grief and I would not rest until we had found him, were he alive. I would risk everything and anything, Ulow, because I love you and because no mother should ever have to outlive her child. But I can't. I can't give you your Fillis back," the goddess was crying heavily practically slumping against Ulow. "I'm sorry, Ulow... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... please, I, I'm sorry..." After a few moments of hysterical weeping she calmed down enough to continue. "I can't. I can't help him. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. Ulow, I please... I..." She stoped to take in some deep breaths. "I can give you justice. Ulow, Ulow Zygiella my brave, beautiful, strong little one. I can give you justice. I promise you. I will. I will help you punish the monsters. The monsters that took away your beautiful Fillis. I swear to you, Ulow, by everything that I am and may one day be. I will never stop punishing them for you. And just as important, Ulow... we can stop them. Stop them from ever hurting anyone the way they hurt you and the way they hurt Fillis." She was sobbing heavily again. "I can't do more for you. I want to. I'm so sorry, Ulow. Please, Ulow, please forgive me, I'm so sorry... I'm sorry... I'm not-I can't-I want to but I can't... I'm sorry... Ulow, please"

Ulow was silent for a long time after Rin had finished talking. She didn't resist having her shoulder rested on, but the small porcelain thing's face was a completely blank, sombre facade. It was like the expression of someone who hadn't slept in months. Her clothes were hanging on her shoulders, merely disguising the unhealthily thin, half-starved frame underneath. She weighed almost nothing.

"I think... I knew." The voice was dim, and just as unfeeling. Undercommon. Her hands stroked the woman's soft black hair. "It's been... so long, but.... but..."

A small jolt of motion as she came across a bad thought, accompanied by a grimace. She looked along the floor rather than towards Rin now.

"What do I even do? These things, they.... I'll never know who specifically... No matter what I do, they'll never know or care what they did to... him..." The hands used her companion's form for strength. It pained her too much to keep saying his name. "I keep looking and looking because I don't know what else to do. He's gone, and... He's gone and I have no heart left to give... In the end, it is like I have already died."

There weren't any tears. All of the crying in the world hadn't changed anything, and for the last few weeks she had just felt utterly empty.

Her thoughts turned back to the story of Rin's origin. She had sort of predicted that, too, alrough not quite the extent. That was the gift of her outside perspective, and why she had called the woman a 'goddess' from the start. Ulow didn't take the strange features of others for granted, because chintines were so different from humans in comparison. There was nothing to make her assume that the woman was human in the first place, unlike the others, and the messages that her mindgift gave her only backed that up.

In other words, she knew better than anyone that there was no rhyme or reason to the forms that the universe gave it's gifts.

"How... How do you continue?..." The voice picked up again. "To... To be honest I... I don't want to die, but... I can't think of any other reason to be alive, either."

"So... How do you do it, Rin? I was wrong to assume you were my own guiding light, but... If you could just answer me that, then... at least I would... I would know what to do."
    Last edited by Regantor; 08-01-2014 at 08:11 AM.

"I don't know, Ulow. You just do. Because you are strong? Stronger than you know. Stronger than they think. Because life goes on. You will always carry that pain, that loss. You never really bury your dead, I don't think. I haven't." The goddess sighed. "Because life goes on, Ulow. Every day is a new day. Because as terrible as our pain and our losses are, and as much as we are shaped and carry them, we are not defined them. Fillis is dead. You are not. Because you should live for you, because you are beautiful and deserve your happiness. And because you should live for Fillis, because the brave little boy who loved his mother would not want her to die simply because he did." Rin kissed Ulow on the forehead. "Because you are strong and you can help make sure justice is done, that those who hurt Fillis and you are punished. That no one else is ever hurt like you and him again. Because if you let them break you, then Fillis died for nothing and the monsters have won." Rin embraced Ulow tightly.

"Because you are not alone. I am here for you, Ulow Zygiella, my brave little warrior." Rin lifted Ulow's face to hers. She was like the sunrise. "I am here with you, for you, Ulow. Now, always, forever. Always. You are going to get through this. For you. For Fillis. I am going to help you. I promise. You're going to get through this, exactly like I did. With the help of people who love you and with your own strength. Because you are so very strong, Ulow. I wish that you mortals could see yourselves the way I see you. You are all so very, very, beautiful." She was crying, but smiling. "We're going to get through this, Ulow. Together. I promise. And I promise, too, that we'll make them pay. For Fillis. For you."

Ulow closed her eyes and gripped onto Rin tightly for a moment, not really giving off any outward signs of emotion.

When she opened them again, it was to allow her to softly wipe away the tears from the woman-godess' face.

"I don't really know what to think anymore. I never really cared about being strong. I'm not a fighter. I was never a mercenary." It clearly pained her, thinking about all the horrible, disgusting situations they had gotten themselves into. Crawling through sewers, destroying the undead within their crypts, standing around a vampire's coffin discussing how to sabotage it... Whither she liked it or not, there was no going back. Even if her village was still there, and Ulow could find her way back down into those murky depths, things still could not go back to how they were. "....But... I'll stay."

"Just... please don't cry. I don't want to pain you." The hug was slow, and her hands were awkward, as if struggling to remember how to be affectionate. As if afraid of the very concept. But the heart was honest. "This is all I have now, Rin."

RED QUEEN

Rin managed to calm down eventually, forcing a smile. She was a mess, and still the most beautiful and incredible thing Ulow had ever seen. "You've always got me, Ulow." She gave a genuine, if somewhat sad, little laugh. "You're stuck with me.

Ulow spent the night with Rin again. As with the first night when Ulow told Rin about Fillis, when they had first met, Rin somehow managed to avoid sex.

Ulow was dreaming. Except she wasn't.
    In her dream that was not a dream, Ulow was alone. She was not sure where she was, but it was some other place.

Ulow was alone there, in the otherplace.
    Except for a woman; the woman in red. Ulow imagined she must have been a great queen. Or a goddess.

The woman reminded Ulow of the hated Drow, only not quite. She was regal and had a commanding presence about her, like the Drow, and had their pointed ears. Her skin was pale, paler than even the surface Elves Ulow had seen - chalk white. Her eyes glowed with a otherworldly green luminosity and she was unnaturally tall and graceful, taller than even the Humans.

She spoke, answering Ulow's question before she had asked it. The Elf-thing's voice was hollow, sad, regal, commanding, monotone, and otherworldly all at once.

"I AM AND FOREVER WILL BE Her Majesty, the Mother and Diviner, Regnant Queen the 888th.
    I AM AND FOREVER WILL BE leShay. Beast. Red Queen. Dead Queen of Nothing, Ruin, Nowhere Any More, Forever and Always.
    Dying but not dead. Not ever. Not now.
    The sky is torn loose.
    Otherplace now.
    I AM AND FOREVER WILL BE the burning bones of those who came before. The living past. Begins and does not End. Always ending.
    I AM AND FOREVER WILL BE witness to the Cycle. I have a heart for song but I can not sing this ending.
    I Will Not sing this ending."