Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [x][x][x] Assembling a Manga Team [x][x][x]

Crap. Stupid itouch grammar-raped my post D:

bazzlebub with ao no exorcist twist.
    yeah that's pretty much it.

Haha. I went to go read them after you said that. XD Lulz Neva hearda each of them XDDD

First rule at writing: Read others works.

Most of the time our ideas have been already used, that's why we need to read a lot so we can have an idea of what is out there and what we can bring to the table.

yeah, but you could make other twist with it. though he made just little sentences so that's pretty much we can make of it.
    @Regisnex, those simple sentence wouldn't be enough to make people join you.
    look at the writers arena, those guys weren't even recruiting people to join their team but they already have tons of words piling up.

I don't really know if your just afraid if people would steal your ideas of story but If you even read the threads here with synopsis and prologue, you would understand how many words we give out without worrying if it's going to be stolen by anyone.

edit: your story has come from your friends joking around with each other, I'm 70% sure that your friends watched ao no exorcist before or maybe read the manga, but you haven't.

it's better you come up with your own story not usually based on some people joking around with each other.
    Last edited by ram; 10-03-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Funny enough, they refuse to ever watch manga due to multiple reasons. They honestly just joked around and stuff.

And yes, I am a little bit worried about idea theft. Happens at school a lot.

I read this yahoo answers thing that was pretty good though. I'll link it tomorrow but the basic plot doesn't matter it's more how you go about it. A lot of books have similar storylines.

Every story is already done, it all depends on how you do.

Still, I recommend always to read other peoples work, so you will not fall in creative theft.

I agree completely, CH.

And yeh. I've been reading more of those manga lately so mine DOESN'T get too close to them. So far, so good.

those who steal exact stories are just people who really suck at story making.
    for me even if my story is stolen there's no way someone can make a better continuation of it better than I do, if there is one they won't be stupid enough to steal mine cause they're already so good at story making.

I do understand if you don't want your story to be stolen though. I just shared my opinion.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    The problem with reading stuff to avoid idea theft, is that the more you read, the more similarities you will see, even if they're very small. For example, I recently came up with a character somewhat similar to Dr. Light from the DC Universe. Now, he isn't really much like Dr. Light at all, but just because they have the same power, I felt as if I was ripping off of DC.

I'm having trouble articulating, but I think/hope you will understand.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.