Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Do You Believe in Ghost?

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Actually, HoS, I don't believe in ghosts. I'm really only posting here in good humor (obv. since here I am talking about perverted ninjas). But what I was saying was that even if we do find conclusive evidence of ghosts, it's going to end up like the case of the giant squid where they will refuse to call them ghosts. No scientist is ever going to stand in front of a podium and go "those superstitious motherfuckers were right!"

But because I don't believe in ghost, I do not rule out the potential of ghostly sightings/experiences eventually being explained under one unified rationale. I'm sure we'll find one concrete reason for most "ghosts" one day, it's just gonna be called something else. It's probably a lot more literal than that.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 09-21-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Wow, no one could even photoshop those pictures.

To be fair, old cameras are very sensitives with the light and depending of the film you are using is pretty easy to ruin it and make white shades and other stuffs. More than prove of ghosts are prove of bad photographers.

The old prove of the night sounds (which was made in european castles) was refuted because it was proved that the sound was the leaking on the stones of the castles.

For mikulo, the problem with the door is quiet simple (I have it to), is all about wind. The door of living it open and close pretty hard if I left one window open (even slightly opened).

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I believe in spiritual beings, but not "ghosts" in the traditional sense. I mean, you could refer to them as ghosts, but I don't believe that you can get haunted by them or whatever. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Actually, HoS, I don't believe in ghosts. I'm really only posting here in good humor (obv. since here I am talking about perverted ninjas). But what I was saying was that even if we do find conclusive evidence of ghosts, it's going to end up like the case of the giant squid where they will refuse to call them ghosts. No scientist is ever going to stand in front of a podium and go "those superstitious motherfuckers were right!"

But because I don't believe in ghost, I do not rule out the potential of ghostly sightings/experiences eventually being explained under one unified rationale. I'm sure we'll find one concrete reason for most "ghosts" one day, it's just gonna be called something else. It's probably a lot more literal than that.
    Well, yeah, once something has a scientific explanation, it ceases to be supernatural. And ghostly sighting/experiences are always so fucking lame. Like someone said earlier in this thread that their door opened and closed by itself during the night. Well, thats all the proof I need. I think it has already been explained though, its called 'something a bit weird happening and then you jumping to the silly conclusion that its something supernatural, with nothing at all to support that claim.' Seriously, I've met people who have atributed losing their car keys to ghosts. Seriously. It just boogles my mind.

Oh, and sorry for accusing you of believing in ghosts, I havent read the whole thread and it sounded like you were.

It's cool, but I do draw the distinction between "explainable, strange happenings" and strange phenomenon. Most ghost sightings are, as you said, just strange, otherwise explainable things that people attribute to ghosts. But I do believe that a small clutch of these sightings/experiences are true phenomena--or, in other words, unexplainable. That does not mean they're ghosts, but rather that they have yet to be explained by rationale of science or any logical evaluation. These are the ones that I'm waiting for a concrete explanation for. I'm pretty sure all of these can be explained by a single or many similar reasons: a single "ghost phenomenon".

In short, I don't think there are ghosts, but I do acknowledge unexplainable phenomenon of the "ghostly nature". We're just not sure what the exact nature of these phenomena are -- yet.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 09-21-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Neutral on ghosts, but I really wonder they see during the sweat lodges and vision quests.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    It's cool, but I do draw the distinction between "explainable, strange happenings" and strange phenomenon. Most ghost sightings are, as you said, just strange, otherwise explainable things that people attribute to ghosts. But I do believe that a small clutch of these sightings/experiences are true phenomena--or, in other words, unexplainable. That does not mean they're ghosts, but rather that they have yet to be explained by rationale of science or any logical evaluation. These are the ones that I'm waiting for a concrete explanation for. I'm pretty sure all of these can be explained by a single or many similar reasons: a single "ghost phenomenon".

In short, I don't think there are ghosts, but I do acknowledge unexplainable phenomenon of the "ghostly nature". We're just not sure what the exact nature of these phenomena are -- yet.
    I agree with you to the extent that there is a shit load of phenomena that we don't understand. Thats irrefutable. But every single account I have ever heard of 'ghostly phenomena' can be explained so easily. Usually by simple misinterpretation, but not always. I have yet to hear a single 'ghostly' event that has made me think 'Fuck, maybe theres something unexplainable there.' Ofcourse there are events and phenomena that mankind does not understand and can't explain, hell, we may never be able to understand or explain them, but 'ghostly phenomena' is not one of them as far as what I have heard is concerned.

Well the most aggressive ghostly encounters are ones that are physical so there is really no way to prove it aside from personal accounts. Of course photographs, videos and audio can all be altered or damaged because...well...technology has its share of flaws. But there are a lot of word-of-mouth accounts of things that can't be documented, which is what makes it hard to explain.