Thread: Waffles' Playhouse

Waffles' Playhouse

Welcome to Waffles' Playhouse. The only rules are no profanity and leave negativity outside. This is a playhouse, after all. There's even a bouncehouse!

Nothing much to show for critiquing (most artwork consists of comics on youtube (link in profile)), but here's something: the beginning of the MT 100 Theme Challenge.

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Waffles597; 08-19-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: To look pretty

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    In the first picture, it appears that the arms are different lengths. Also, that fence is kind of enormous. Cute chibi, none the less.

I like the way you shaded the girl's hair in the second picture, however, her proportions are very off.
    - her body is too narrow for her head and neck
    - her legs are too short for her torso
    - her arms are too short, specifically the upper arms; her elbows should fall around her waist, and her wrist should be just higher than her crotch area

The butler looks quite stiff, but my guess is that you did that on purpose...?

I love the pirate's hat, as well as the monkey in that last picture.

Keep it up. :)

waffles has own style- oh thankyou
    waffles detailing is good- oh ty
    bt u need 2 do some conceptual arts , nt only chibi style.
    May b i can or we can say ur faults or somtin

Forgive the absense, there is no known vaccine for art block as of yet.

@indescribable: The different arm lengths was a failed attempt at perspective, with the far arm sort of swinging back. And the fence is enormous to enhance the chibi effect. Anatomy is the bane of several artists, but progress is being made....sort of. We'll see that in the time to come. Yes, the stiffness of the butler added to the...well..the image of a butler. All in all, thanks for a thorough critique with advice that has gone into consideration.

@trilokcool3: Thank you for the compliment. Conceptual art will come soon.

Anyway, more arts to has be seen:

Yes, the arms are too thin. Thank you for noticing.

I think the arms are fine, honestly D:

But the thing i noticed most is that her left (our right) leg is furthest away, but closer to the viewer than the other one. It looks as if her torso is being bent towards the wall (or maybe thats just me...)

Also, the knee on the aforementioned leg is a bit too high.

But please don't stop shading hair the way you do! I'm a big fan of styles like that Actually, i'm amazed by anyone who can decently shade with pencil alone. I'd just end up with a smudgy mess!

Aside everything everyone else has said. I'm no expert but I feel the crease in her shirt needs to be more profound to physically show that her body is actually twisting, otherwise it looks like you've chopped the body in half and just put her 180-turned back on.

In the feet too, they need to be shown from a more...back view? If that makes sense, I think that's the main root of the 180-bodyness.

@Sutari: The great Sutari approves? What a great day! The angle thing is blatantly obvious now, and it will-hopefully-not happen again...Thank you for critique.
    @FrancysPai: You're probably right.

Art block sucks...
    SPOILER! :

Lineart was made with the polygonic lasso tool (Tablets cost too much, and patience is a long sought after virtue)...

I like the thought behind this one. It's so true.

One thing I might do is move the subject a little to the right at the desk (his desk.) Looks a little too close to the edge there, and I don't think that'd be comfortable. Also some of the chair lines could be smooth up a bit. I congratulate you on having the skill to do this much with the polygon lasso! Wow! You've done a fantastic job with it...I suck with it.

Last thing, even though it's chibi, you might round the head up a bit so that it's a wee bit more 3D. I like it, though! I really like the little shine you added to the chair and desk The back ground is pretty cool, too!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Waffles' Playhouse: Guess who's back?

Whazzup!?
    It's almost been an entire year since the last time I was on this site (my last upload pretty much sums it up... (that and I kinda forgot about it...))
    Anyway, college sucks and perhaps I'll be around more often...
    Perhaps...

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

And now I await your critique.