Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Have You Ever Thought: Problems Can Take Over Your Life

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    Oz you didn't address my post man what the hell. Also I don't know if you should be arguing about any kind of problems until you have real problems yourself. Once you get a job, once you start paying bills, once you start buying everything you need for yourself, then you can talk about it.
    Huh? What post? Do you mean the speech one? 'Cause that was prolly the only one I found funny in this thread. Also you never know, there are some worse problems than making a living and living on your own. Domestic violence and child abuse are just two examples.

Ozzaharwood you white knight consistently. I'm not insulting you, I am offering you an outsiders opinion. If you wore shorts I would tell you the same thing.
    Fine. I don't really care anymore, so I'll stop. It doesn't really make a difference anyways because it usually ends up in a debate, like this. I'm just saying, it'd be nice if new members would stay more often than not.

And it can't be helped if they don't follow through the appropriate channels. First post is a naive thread telling people their problems aren't that bad from a person who seemingly has no real pressing problems to begin with. I mean if a veteran member had made this thread it would have had the same result.
    I thought the same thing, but when I read what people were writing it pissed me off. If it was in the chatterbox I wouldn't care; we probably should've just moved it there.

That is just as dishonest.
    Not really. There are ways to post relevantly, make your point, and stay honest. It just takes longer.

Regardless, you won't find a solution by simply not thinking about the problem. It's pretty much the opposite.
    A lot of the time though you will find a solution by thinking of it casually. It you work too hard towards finding a solution it adds more stress. I know what you mean though.

You're pulling a fenn here and insulting my intelligence. You have no idea as to the extent of my problems so please stop playing internet md.
    It wasn't my intention to offend you, and if I did I apologize. My mother is a registered nurse though, and specializes in cancer. They usually suggest the 400 mgs for brain tumour migraines. I was just trying to help you rather than offend you, that's also why I said "Also, I know he said "Anything" but I think in medical circumstances in which you can't do anything yourself are excluded." I wouldn't try to make a point and then render it obsolete with my next sentence. You probably have tried everything already, so there is probably nothing I could say that would help so I won't add anything more.

Wouldn't nothing be better than working 40 hours just to pay for the gas you need to get to work?
    You could always move or take public transit. But I also don't know your circumstances here, so there really is nothing I can say.

I'm going to sleep now, so if I do post again it'll be tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    Also you never know, there are some worse problems than making a living and living on your own. Domestic violence and child abuse are just two examples.
    Man I know that, I'm just saying you can't really talk about problems if you don't have any yourself because how can you know what to do in a situation like that

It doesn't really make a difference anyways because it usually ends up in a debate, like this.
    Its a discussion. Ie the whole point of this forum.

I thought the same thing, but when I read what people were writing it pissed me off. If it was in the chatterbox I wouldn't care; we probably should've just moved it there.
    Like I said this is now a discussion and belongs here.

Not really. There are ways to post relevantly, make your point, and stay honest. It just takes longer.
    How I interpreted what you said was basically saying if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all which we all know is a terrible attitude to actually live by. Not to mention relevance to a topic can be incredibly vague. If you were here before I became the gd mod you would have seen what its like for a mod to lock a thread as soon as it went off topic.

A lot of the time though you will find a solution by thinking of it casually. It you work too hard towards finding a solution it adds more stress.
    Um I wish I had problems that I could think about casually but when I can't afford car insurance so I can't get to work in order to pay for said insurance I can't just sit back, chill out, and hope a solution magically appears.

You could always move or take public transit. But I also don't know your circumstances here, so there really is nothing I can say.
    Yeah that's not really how it works here. Public transportation is just for schools.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    There's really no debate here. The first page of posts was undeniably snarky, unnecessary and alienating. As a member of this community, I vote we start keeping some more new members instead of driving pretty much half of them away. Though you may not like "pretending to be nice", common courtesy is nothing new to us. We're all like 20, right? We learned about CC in like what? Grade school? You don't have to be a sugarplum but don't shoot the guy down. I don't "pretend to be nice" to people I don't like on this forum, either. They know who they are and I hate their guts if they try to be chummy with me, too. But that doesn't mean I pursue my dislike of them to the point where I'm just openly a dick about it.

Besides, what is this like MT initiation thread? Are we testing this guy so he can join our "cool dudes gang"? That just makes us look insufferably arrogant as a community.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 09-16-2011 at 02:17 AM.

I disagree. There is a lot to talk about here.

And you know that it has nothing to do with him being a new member. Like I said before if a person with 1000 posts had made this thread it would have been no different except that I doubt anybody would have come to the op's defense. Also, aside from outcast's post nobody was shooting him down. It seemed like a pretty fun and innocent thread to me and a perfectly expected response to such a random op. Also the op has been around for a while and I'd wager he's been lurking too, though obviously we won't know until he posts again.

And I dont want to get into my opinions on common courtesy but it should be obvious that if you don't mean it then it is just pretending to be nice. I'll leave it at that or for another thread.

Besides, what is this like MT initiation thread? Are we testing this guy so he can join our "cool dudes gang"? That just makes us look insufferably arrogant as a community.
    Yeah you nailed it I made jackets and everything.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Huh? What post? Do you mean the speech one? 'Cause that was prolly the only one I found funny in this thread. Also you never know, there are some worse problems than making a living and living on your own. Domestic violence and child abuse are just two examples.
    Neither domestic violence or child abuse should be ignored and dealt with later.

I possibly have celiac disease/gluten intolerence and ignoring the possibility of either would lead me to more pain and worsening health problems. You can not ignore your problems and either expect a solution to apear or for them to go away because that isint how the world works. Some people are more adept at problem solving and stress mangement than others so it does seem that some people are just care free and or ignore their problems but thats not true. Just because some one doesnt talk about their problems does not meant they have none they more likely just want to deal with them on their own or do not feel the need to tell everyone.

I know people who are so "I dont give a FUCK' about everything and i envy them because they can seperate their problems at work and home so easy and can still smile and go on with life. Then again i dont know for sure how well their lives are really going so for all i know they could be cutting.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    I disagree. There is a lot to talk about here.
    I don't mean there isn't a lot to talk about regarding the subject of the thread. I mean it's undeniable what the intent of the first handful of posts were. They were obviously not meant to be constructive.

Well obviously when a thread is about "life's problems" (ie. everything) there is a lot to talk about.

Okay I should have guessed that.

I believe we should treat new members nicely.

it's been a bad habit already by people on the forum, if there's some stuffs that you see in his post tell him (nicely) and don't tell him off making him look stupid.
    cause old members and regular members probably wouldn't mind that.
    but what do you think about these people? I mean really are you guys even capable of putting your self in some other people shoes?

think about it? your new, you just got in some new place and you accidentally made a mistake and people will tell you your stupid and go away, what would you feel?

It's ok if my mom or some other people I know to tell me I'm stupid but I'll get into a fight if it's someone I don't know
    Last edited by ram; 09-16-2011 at 03:24 AM.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Threat is trying to intimadate or telling some one you are going to harm them some how.
    Treat is how you act with or deal with someone.
    I assume you ment treat.