Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be Afraid of Diablo III

Diablo is mostly killing stuffs, the deal is this.

Every character has 3 skill trees, every skill tree has like 12 skills on it. You can learn and level up a skill with a skill point, which is granted every time you level up, this mean you have 99 skill points (there are 11 more skill points for quests), this make impossible to have all skills on level 20 (max level a skill can have without a item that gave +X point on skill or skills). So building a character is extremely hard, because it has to be good for the game (pass Hell Difficulty that has immune monster with absurds amount of hell and you have penalties on your resistances and for pvp). This make 2 things: 1.- leveling up a character is like a science, and 2.- there are million of buildings.

Example. Barbarians are the mele character of the game, but you can make it range if you want with different builds and skills. The Amazon is the range character of the game (with bow and javalines), but you can give her a sword with a different build (I think this build is named Angel or something like that).

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    I have mixed feelings about this game. I'm really excited that it's finally coming out, but the connection in our house is slow enough that only one person would be able to play at a time if you have to be online through the whole thing.

^ I feels your pains.

We've been experimenting with the location of the 3G hotspot in our house. There's one spot out in the hall by my room where it doesn't disconnect constantly and it's surprisingly fast (a hotspot, if you will), so I don't think D3 will be too much of a problem anymore.

I still oppose the idea of always-online DRM and will fight against it, but I might just get the game now.

The auction house? I'll just wait and see. I won't be using it because I prefer a single-player experience (Blizzard: "GASP!!") with no extra money involved, but I suppose it's not a bad idea. I mean, getting money by playing a game? Awesome. Of course, you have to pay Blizzard to host an item and you have to pay them again once it's sold. Still not bad, but I'm starting to wonder about the pricing now.

Now I understand something, everything fits in the place, the auction house, not choosing stats, not choosing skills, and more.

As I see it now Diablo III is going to be a game about items, every thing is going to be about items and probably the Auction House is going to destroy everything, this is because you have no control over your stats, but your equipment can (so items are going to be extremely important), the items also are going to have some control over skills and obviously the auction house was made to sell and buy those items. This whole game is going to be about items (no skills or strategy).

And fuck, the whole system to choosing skills is retarded and extremely guided, you can't make a throw barbarian or a sword hunter. The game is extremely guided, the items have to much rol in the game and the constant need of internet with the lack of co-op players is awful (I can only play with 4 friends?) and I'm not going to buy it. I love Diablo I and II, but after thinking, watching the Beta and the skill calculator I see this: Blizzard is shitting on us, and they are still going to win (no matter what), so I will take a step back and I will not play with Blizzard in this.

(I have learn my lesson after buying FFXIII and I will never again fell in this shit of buying a game and then be emotional destroyed).
    Last edited by ClockHand; 09-22-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Now I understand something, everything fits in the place, the auction house, not choosing stats, not choosing skills, and more.

As I see it now Diablo III is going to be a game about items, every thing is going to be about items and probably the Auction House is going to destroy everything, this is because you have no control over your stats, but your equipment can (so items are going to be extremely important), the items also are going to have some control over skills and obviously the auction house was made to sell and buy those items. This whole game is going to be about items (no skills or strategy).

And fuck, the whole system to choosing skills is retarded and extremely guided, you can't make a throw barbarian or a sword hunter. The game is extremely guided, the items have to much rol in the game and the constant need of internet with the lack of co-op players is awful (I can only play with 4 friends?) and I'm not going to buy it. I love Diablo I and II, but after thinking, watching the Beta and the skill calculator I see this: Blizzard is shitting on us, and they are still going to win (no matter what), so I will take a step back and I will not play with Blizzard in this.

(I have learn my lesson after buying FFXIII and I will never again fell in this shit of buying a game and then be emotional destroyed).
    yeah youve pretty much summed up whats annoying me about what they have changed, its becoming WoW :/ slowly, i mean even things like the barbarian having rage that builds up from attacking rather than mana, the items, the auction house.

I have seen the skills of the Barbarian and I can say its pretty viable for PvP even if he needs rage. But its retarded how he have 3 skills to do the same things (different effects depending of the runes) and how you can't make weird and awesome builds (throw barbarian? leap barbarian? even the whirlwind barbarian looks bad in the game).

But giving so much importance to the items in a game with a auction house, is just plain stupid.

Funny fact: the developers of Diablo III are the ones of WOW JAJAJAJAJA.

lol i know they are both made by the same company
    i never played diablo 2 pvp though, i played the single player and played through the campaign with some people online

I tried pvp ones, but I wasn't good enough lol.

But I learn many things, and the principal: Frame Rate. Its extremely important, and why I believe there is only one way to build your character in Diablo III. Example, Barbarian has charge, leap and spear to get closer to his opponents, but you immediately throw away spear because its to slow (which can be evaded), and leap because its also slow, living you charge and making now every build that need to get closer in combat will use charge. The same goes for other of his skills.
    Last edited by ClockHand; 09-22-2011 at 10:06 PM.