Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NPB/MLB General

NPB/MLB General

Okay peeps so here's the dealio. James and I are interested in watching NPB games (that's Nippon Professional Baseball) and I think I've managed to find a website that streams the games.

So if you want to watch the games with us, let us know. The first game we're gonna try to watch is this friday evening at 11:30 central. The streaming website is:
    http://www.livestream.com/npb

the schedule for the games is here:
    http://baseball.yahoo.co.jp/npb/schedule/

Keep in mind those times in the schedule are from Japan so don't get confused.

Also, I don't know if that streaming website even works, so we wont know until this friday when we actually go to watch.
    We're gonna do that thing where we skype while we watch this so we can discuss stuff as it happens, so post your skype name if James or I don't have it already.

Those are the teams in the central and pacific leagues, similar to the american and national leagues in north america.

SO yeah if you're interested, let us know by posting here.

Is there any team that only has hot guys? If so which, and if not which has the hottest guys.

Please tell me you have this info.

//pervjk

Sounds like fun guys

I do it

k cool guys. I was tellin James I like how Hashin looks, so I'm gonna root for the Tigers I think. Though I can't say for sure until I see a game or two.

I like livestreams they are p cool but how does one play baseball. I'm guessing it is more fun to watch if you know the rules.

Yeah James and I can explain it to you as we watch if you want

That would be swell

I'll start with some basics for now though. Uhhh lets see. There's nine innings in a game, unless the game is tied after nine innings, it goes into extra innings. After the team on defence gets three people on the offensive side out, they switch sides (i.e. defensive switches to offensive and vice versa) and then after both teams get a chance to bat, it moves into the next inning.
    A batter gets three strikes to them before they are out. If the pitcher doesn't pitch strikes and the batter doesn't swing, the batter gets walked. Pitches that aren't strikes are called balls, and after 4 balls, the batter gets walked to first. A batter can also be walked to first right away if they are hit by a pitch.

Uhhhh what else. Obviously there's nine guys in the field when on defence, pitcher, back catcher, first baseman, second baseman, short stop, third baseman, right fielder, centre fielder, and left fielder.

Ummm... some sort of miscellaneous things, when a pitcher strikes out a player, it's known as a K. Home runs are when a batter hits a ball out of the field and they automatically get a run in. When there is a man on every base and a batter gets a home run its called a grand slam.

There's a lot of other stuff too, but James and I will explain things in depth when they happen if you are wondering about it.

edit: Or just watch this extremely informative educational video.
    Last edited by Hayashida; 09-13-2011 at 07:44 PM.

The best way to learn aboot baseball is to read baseball manga. For real. Or if you have skype we can just explain it to you as we watch.

Edit: John this youtube channel is p cool

Double edit: Stream didnt work but this weird chinese stream has some old npb games.

http://www.justin.tv/shileemusic
    Last edited by jubeh; 09-14-2011 at 05:06 AM.

I'm all it for baseball since i read One Outs... but the stream doesnt work?

Too bad when are you guys going to watch?