Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Cora's art dumps - I'M BACK kind of... ; - ;

Quote Originally Posted by Luneder View Post
    also study artworks out side of here, most of the members suck and give bad critique.
    JAJA the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    JAJA the irony.
    The truth

I have left this site a long time ago and in the first few month I passed 90% of the members, now I work professionally and can come back here and laugh at the people that have been here for 7-8 years that still draw shitty.

people that say that art skills have nothing to do with giving critique should quit telling lies that are meant to make themselves feel better about the fact they are to lazy to improve. I have showed this site to several professionals some of them do anime art. all of them agreed this site was counter productive to improvement because most of the critiques were just blabber to sound better than they actually were.

most of the people that have been here the longest are just here to bitch.

If people want to improve they should first remove this veil of being to afraid to go to the sites full professionals for critiques. The art site I moderate gets a lot of newbies along with upper end professionals, in a matter of weeks most of those newbies surpass most of the people here. Professionals like to show off what they know and are very critical about point out mistakes, when I get critiqued by them I make sure to copy and past those notes for later reference.

A professional even after they have made a name for themselves in the industry may spend the greater part of their day doing studies, the idea is even if they are at the top they still have room to improve.

A lot of the people here were attracted to this place by name as I was when I was helping a small manga studio, my skills at the time were very poor. I figured because of this sites name I could learn something and maybe recruit. After one month I left feeling that the outside sources and critique were leagues above this place.

If people want to get serious about art, they must first get serious about studying and learning the processes. The top manga artists out there can all draw top end realistic sketches not just anime, and all had to learn human anatomy. Many of them had to use traditional art to even be noticed such as paintings of landscapes.

I have left this site a long time ago and in the first few month I passed 90% of the members, now I work professionally and can come back here and laugh at the people that have been here for 7-8 years that still draw shitty.
    It's funny how you can say you draw professionally, and you compare with other who by your words are "shitty" while you haven't really improved and you are pretty close to those "shitty" artists.

people that say that art skills have nothing to do with giving critique should quit telling lies...
    And what skills you have? I recognize and congrats you by working as an artist, but frankly, you are not the next Frank Frazetta.

most of the people that have been here the longest are just here to bitch.
    Yeah, because enjoying other people company, opinions and the forum life, is not a good reason to stay.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Funny, either you came back to bitch, and run your 'improvement tractor' over all of those that enjoy this site and have fun here whilst still improving. Or you're just being a douche, it's one of the two.

First, let me say, I used to like you bro, what happened?
    Second, if you just came back to talk about how other sites give crits way better than us, and how we're not improving, yet you yourself gave a lackluster critique (if it even was one,) and tips. And just went completely off the subject of this person's art thread. Why did you come back in the first place? Enjoy your 'professional' life.
    Third, where's the proof? Can I see some links?

Let's not clutter this art thread up, hit us up in the CB or GD if you want. Or just leave.

101 Dalmations Member The_shaman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    And what skills you have? I recognize and congrats you by working as an artist, but frankly, you are not the next Frank Frazetta.
    No one on this damn site is anywhere near frank frazetta.

Edit, 9 times out of 10, people who are on frank frezetta's level not only don't get with anime, but look down on it.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Here is an appropriate thread for you two to talk circles in.

Well, back on topic. Sorry for that lol.
    On your latest piece, it looks pretty nice actually, here's a few things you could try though.

Think about the setting, is she near a city? In a park area? In a back yard? You could put in some trees, bushes, distant buildings, a house, fences, swings. Etc. The list goes on.

As for the girl kissing the frog, it looks more like she's strangling it xD
    What I'd suggest doing is bringing in her cheeks since the frog is right in front of her mouth. Then it'd look like she has her lips puckered without actually showing the lips. Also focus the eyes on the frog, so you can tell that's her focus.

But I do like the little details you have added in, the scene isn't all over the place, and you can tell there's a bunch of frogs coming out the pool...yes I can tell it's a pool lol.
    Hopefully I helped a bit.
    Last edited by GunZet; 10-03-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Pretty soft shading man

Thank you all so much for the advice!!! i found it really really useful! I wanted to redraw it earlier but school's been a pain :/ Aaaaanyway here's the new version:

I tried to make the composition more interesting and I really liked the ideas of adding in the house, fence, and bushes so I tried that out. (I was going to play with perspective stuff but decided to hold off on that until my next drawing haha) So what d'you think? Is it better and anything else I can do to make it better? Much thanks!!!

I really like this new version. Or is it the same picture? Either way, what I'm seeing right now looks really good. Not too many details, and the focus is on the girls and the pool, which is what I assume you want people to look at.
    I'd add just a bit more contrast in some areas like under the pool and around the feet. Just to show that it's way darker there.
    And probably some light shadows on the pool from the kids' bodies? just little tidbits to livin' it up a bit more.
    Good work.