Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Cora's art dumps - I'M BACK kind of... ; - ;

Oh heeeey guys :3 So I drew some more faces... They're harry potter related... again. I may be a little obsessed at the moment. <.<

So I have here in this spoiler one colored picture of what I imagine Lily's face looked like, plus sketches of the faces of James, Sirius, and Remus. I'm sorry if the sketches are hard to see The pencil was really light. *sigh*

SPOILER! :

I'm sorry this photo is so crappy T_T My scanner is MIA...

Let me know what you think. I have plans to do actual scenes where they're doing stuff that's interesting... not just staring at you. -_-

Also I'm taking a figure drawing class!!! It's really fun! Maybe i'll post some stuff from that later this quarter.

edit: also I drew a new pic for my avatar over there to the left :3 What dyou think? Also question, I'm thinking of changing the splotchy bg behind lily to a more solid one like in my avatar pic there on the left. Opinions?
    Last edited by corastaur; 10-10-2012 at 11:59 PM.

SORRY FOR THE TRIPLE POST!!!

Addition of finished Remus Lupin. Thoughts?

SPOILER! :

I'm not quite satisfied with the eyes. They seem to dark and like.. missing eyelashes for me (edit: fixed them + addition of finished Sirius Black)
    Last edited by corastaur; 10-14-2012 at 01:32 AM.

These look really cool! I think the problem with the eyes is that they're outliined in gray rather than like black, so it doesn't make them really pop.

JJ!!! :3 Yeah I think you're definitely right... I tried to finish James... I think I'm going to go back in and tweak his hair, but you were right about the eyes being outlined in gray. I tried doing his in black and I think it looks better. I'm also posting some stuff I drew from refs for practice.

SPOILER! :

admittedly I've only drawn one so far, but there will soon be a whole giant page dedicated to male torsos in my sketchbook O///O

also something from figure drawing class... We were doing some pretty quick gestures.

I also think I'm going to post something in the pimp thread soon >:3 we'll see

edit: wow those pics are big... sorry

Very nice!!! No critiques from my end! James looks great! Kudos to you for the hand and feet studies and drawing that body type (last picture). They look very good!

On the male torso, the neck looks pretty awkward and the muscle look a bit... 'bulgy'? Not sure if that is the best way to describe them, also on the portrait right up the the top, im confused as to why his shoulders are at an angle, especially when he is looking straight at us, it looks sorta forced/painful in my opinion. Nice work on those hands and feet, im envious of how well you can draw them, what I would do to be able to draw hands and feet like that

Don't you like when you see pictures on the 14 pages and then go back to the first page to see the change?

JJ Thaaaanks :3 and Demon you're right about the bulge and angle of the shoulders. :/ I should really go fix those.
    O///O Thank you Clock!

Whoooo wants to help me? haha I'm working on these three sketches but it's kind of failing -_-

SPOILER! :

I've written my own notes on the pic obviously, but I'm frustrated with it. Any critiques would be extremely helpful. (edit: her neck is too long isnt it! I was just thinking about the pose and when you raise your arm... wouldn't it make it so you can't see as much of the neck?)

Ignore the faces and the sign haha they're just placeholders... It just feels really stiff to me, which I think is a problem with a lot of things I draw. I'm just not sure how to make it not stiff And the three of them just look off. Ugh. Also arms man... I hate them.

This is a really quick sketch of an idea for a picture thing.

I really appreciate the feedback guys! Thank you <3
    Last edited by corastaur; 10-19-2012 at 01:41 PM.

I'm sorry for the double post again :/ I've been drawing a lot lately... school gets stressful and boring and so I draw! >:]
    What's the best cure for a day of classes? Drawing cute animals. Here are some studies of baby elephants and raccoons from references I found on google images, as well as a little raccoon that I drew after doing ref practices. The ref ones are all pretty quick sketches... I wanna say 1-3 minutes each? maybe 5 on some of the more finished/detailed ones.

SPOILER! :

Sorry for the crappy picture quality... I'm working on getting my scanner back Aren't elephants and raccoons adorable??? Elephants are like little wrinkly things with big floppy ears and long little noses and they just look like they're smiling all the time! And raccoons... with their little people hands and mischief-making ways <3 they're adorable.

In the future I may just post these kinds of things in the exercise thread? I haven't decided yet... I like having all my art in the one thread.

the raccoon are especially nice tho the elephants r cute