Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Cora's art dumps - I'M BACK kind of... ; - ;

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar
    This is really cute!
    I really adore the hair and how you shaded it, and the cat asdkflkj <3
    something I noticed was the her hands seem a bit small, and maybe its just me but her right hand seems a little bit awkward, like she is grabbing onto nothing.
    But great job, I really like your shading.

Thanks guys :3 Midori you are right -__- ugh hands. I really need to work on them... Studies will happen!!

Warning here, this is going to be a seriously laaarge sketch dump. Like really large. I've been in a figure drawing class this quarter (my school is on the quarter system - each one is 10 weeks), so I am going to be dumping a large amount of work from the class here. Hopefully I've improved over the length of the class? I'm also dumping, in a second spoiler, sketches I've done recently and my attempts to draw animals on my trip to the zoo yesterday.

Here goes! They should be relatively chronological. FAIR WARNING: there is A LOT of nudity. It's a figure drawing class... also some of my personal sketches are nude as well. Just fyi.

SPOILER! :

we did a bunch of quick 30 sec poses

and now for the normal ones. These span anywhere from 1 minute (i think?) to 5, 10 and eventually 30 minute poses.

(we did musical easels so someone came by after i had it drawn out and "fixed" things for me.)

(i swear... she had the strangest props)

some of the hw assignments we did:
    first one:
    redo before midterms:
    in which we had to do a self portrait with our own mediums (i used coffee, chai tea, and cue tips):

if you made it all the way through that congratulations!!! I know there are a lot of them.... but this is work over 9 weeks soooo yeah. sorry if the pictures are big also, photobucket has a way of doing that to me -_-

Zoo etc:

SPOILER! :

i drew chimps, little monkeys, lions, a hippo, and meerkats. It was very difficult because the silly animals wouldn't hold still! Which makes sense. How could they know I wanted to draw them.

and personal sketches:
    figure drawing for fun using online refs

Things i have learned? I need to work on loosening up my poses and not making them so stiff. I LOVE drawing with charcoal more than any medium by far. Coffee is fun to paint with, and my hands and feet need a looot of work.
    Last edited by corastaur; 12-02-2012 at 06:29 PM.

There's a lot of stuff here, so it's a bit difficult to critic. All in all, it's looking pretty good Some things to watch for: 1) the lengths of the arms in complicated poses 2) that the faces don't become too proportionally big for the faces

Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

nice gesture drawings you got here ;3 no crits for now... when you apply what you learned from the poses then i will crit...

good job!
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

You make gesture drawing look easy O_o I like the grace each one has

I love that self portrait and all the animal sketches!
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Thank you guys JJ you have pinpointed two things that I continue to struggle with. Ugh arms -__- I dont know why, but that particular body part is giving me a lot of trouble lately. I'll have to do some studies or something. >:[

Just dumping some of the sketches I've done in the past couple of days. I think the looming threat of finals has me drawing as stress relief...

SPOILER! :

The first one I already posted in the exercise thread, but i'll post it here too.

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with foreshortening the eyes :/

As always, I love all the help I can get. :3

I love that first one!!! Especially the hair and nose!!! Those raccoons are just adorable!

On the second picture, the head on the right's mouth is a bit too far to the left. That's about all. Keep up the great work!

Hey guys I haven't been very active in the past few months, mainly because school has sucked up all of my time. This quarter has been extremely... stressful. =_= Also thank you JJ!!! You're always really helpful <3
    I just wanted to post a little update of things that i've been working on, see what you guys think. I've done a loooot of portraits lately, partly b/c they're my favorite thing to draw and partly because that's what we're currently doing in class. I posted a lot of this is on deviantart, but here:

SPOILER! :

Sketch of my sister based mainly on this pic:
    SPOILER! :
    but i felt like i messed up the eye area, so I've been working a lot on drawing faces in 3/4 view.

a new oc i'm working on

a sketch of one of my best friends for class

sort of a self portrait... we had to draw ourselves as an animal or part animal or whatever.

I got sick of drawing boring expressions so I had fun with photo booth

a bunch of quick digital doodles

main picture for saimoe, if you see anything major let me know so i can fix it in time XD

And this is a wip from today when i should have been drawing stuff for class... ;___; I may not finish it 'cause I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but i wanted to try something different... almost more like painting? But i dunno...

Sorry... I know thats a lot of stuff :/ if you have any critiques/comments or things that i need to work on that'd be great! Especially since I never really know what to focus on. Most of these are either for class or for stress, but once this quarter is finally over - in 3 weeks - i'll finally have time to draw other stuff. At the moment I have to draw up a series of 10 portraits and either 1 big animal, or 10 small animal, drawings for tuesday T_T (i'm such a bad procrastinator)

Your art gets cuter with every post!

First picture: On the left side of her face, her cheek curves into the chin too soon. I love the white highlights you used throughout the image

Second Picture: Her far eye is slightly shorter (in height) than the closer one; they should be the same height. Btw, this is one of the cutest OCs I've ever seen :3

Third Picture: Her forehead is very large. I don't know what your friend looks like, but I think the hair line should be a little lower. Love the expression!

Fourth Picture: Her shoulders are very narrow. Her far eye is slightly shorter in height. Her far ear connects to the head (at the bottom) much higher than the other. I think the hair's part and the far horn (or at least the far horn) should be farther to the left; the far horn looks out of place and I believe it's due to the hair's part not being to the right. I love her nose!

Fifth Picture: Absolutely adorable!! One thing I notice, her closer eye in shorter (in length) than her far one; it should be the other way around.

The doodles are very cute and expressive!

On your SAIMOE entry: Her closer lower leg (under the knee to the ankle) is shorter than the farther one. I love her hair and her red eyes!

On the last picture: Her far eye is shorter (in height) than closer one and I think it should also be closer to the nose.

Hope this helps

.///. JJ you are the best!!! Yeah those horns were the death of me, I'll have to try to fix them and figure out how to make it look more natural :/ And you're definitely right about the far eyes. That seems to be something that happens in all of my drawings and i'm not sure why... I never notice it until the drawing is mostly done, and even when i try to resize the far eye so it's correct it still ends up looking too small when i look back on it. It's so weird. I'm going to have to work on that, and fix the leg on the saimoe one. Thanks for the help