Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Cora's art dumps - I'M BACK kind of... ; - ;

Regular Member whenrabbitsattack2.0's Avatar
    i'll update this soon, but for your couple, make her back curve more so it looks like he's pulling her in. more later, I have to go
    collectin my fav quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    I wasn't aware breasts were sentient and capable of independent movement
    Quote Originally Posted by theAnimeRebel View Post
    Sheesh, you people and your superiority issues.

Aw I love the elephants and raccoons so adorable but then again I'm a crazy animal person ^^;
    But I love your style always puts a smile on my face

Thank you guys so much for the support and help and spidergoth, thank you o///o. I love it when my art makes people smile!

Anyone wanna help me out here? I've decided to do this random thing called brovember, in which throughout the month of november I will be drawing men. Lots of them. The goal is one a day, but realistically... that may not happen. BUT I'M GONNA TRY. Anyway here's todays, any major mistakes or critiques before I clean it up and color it?

Thanks again guys :3
    Last edited by corastaur; 11-01-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Wow... this is... actually really good!

The only thing I would suggest is to try and make your poses a little less rigid. You've pretty much got the proportions (as far as I can tell... the head ratio seems a little off) but the figure as a whole seems stiff. See if you can lend it a little more life.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

-Randomly comes in-

Hey :I

D

For the last picture, gotta say, it looks pretty cool, I think, as mentionned before, the pose's a kinda stiff, yet the proportion look pretty neat.

For some reason I just dont like his hat..Maybe I wouldve drawn it smaller, it feels out of place. Theres a few tiny perspective issues there and there, which are visible if you flip the page horizontally on Photoshawp, if you look closely it feels like he would fall in front on himself. I also feel like you tried to hide the hands for easier draw, which is a bawd thing, but it might just be his attitude lawl xD. Other than that its a pretty good drawing, keep praticing And yeah his head is off. Especially seen when flipped.

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar
    Hi~ ^^
    I think your idea for Brovember is really cool and good luck with that!

A lot of points have been made already, he seems to be leaning forward a bit. I think it is because you have both knees bent, so maybe you could try to balance out his body. Your style is really cute! I look forward to seeing your art.

The character is slightly off balance, straighten out the bended leg and you should fix the problem and make it look like he is bearing his weight on that leg rather than falling over

I fixed his balance guyz :3 Or at least I think I did haha. I did the flip test that some people were mentioning and it all feels more balanced to me. His face and legs are still bugging me, but then again nothing ever feels quite perfect.

I tried listening to all the advice I think his back arm looks funky still but i'm not sure why? And that darned hat -_- ugh. And don't worry haha I wasn't hiding the hands (I actually have come to like hands after doing studies of them), I just thought they'd look more... comfortable(?) that way. XD Ugh any advice as to how to make it look less "stiff"? I started it out with what was basically a gesture drawing, but somewhere in between the gesture and the line art it got stiff :/ *sigh*

edit: also does everyone know who this is supposed to be? I know it isn't exactly the same style... but if you haven't watched baccano leave this thread now and go watch it! :3
    Last edited by corastaur; 11-01-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Stiff poses comes to how natural and dynamic you pose and present your character. Right now he looks much better thanks to the lil adjustments you made. The arm holding the hat seems like both parts of the arm are in a some sort of weird arc which bends weirdly, and for the hat, just make it smaller lol. ` And for the lines, youcan erase a few places where light would touch, or when far from corners, thats a cool trick for dynamic inking,

hmmm i see what you mean about the arm arc i think, but I dont think I can make the hat smaller lol. See, Firo's hat is just meant to be rather huge haha.

See?

The hat is still wrong tho :/ I dunno I think it has something to do with the shape of it? but maybe i'm wrong *sigh*
    edit: maybe it needs to be thinner? Since i'm sort of showing it from the front? Thoughts?