Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Cora's art dumps - I'M BACK kind of... ; - ;

just critiquing on your last pic; it's an adorable back story and cute characters. However there are a few problems with the anatomy that I can see:
    Wondergirl: first of all, her belly looks a little off. To me, it looks like she is about to fall cause of her belly's gravitational pull. Also, she has a chicken leg for her left leg. I think it would look better if you widened the knee and ankle a bit. Also twist the foot a bit to the side, kinda like how Superkid's feet don't end up facing the audience.

Superkid: His eyes seem a little skewed and his head looks a little too forward. Other than that, his left forleg shouldn't be bent like that. Try drawing the top of the foreleg with a straight line. I might be wrong, but his right foot seems a little off on the curve by the toes.

La chica Jesus: This one really shows your strong suit. The only thing that I see wrong in her is that her right arm is smaller than her left. Same thing with her left. While working with simitrical things like that, normally I lightly draw the jist of the leg, scan the image (or manually redraw it on another paper and flip the copy, so that you can match your first image and retrace your leg.

But koodos on your work, it's really cute

Thank you both so much for the critiques! I didn't post an updated photo, but I did take the advice and fixed it up so once again thank you!

Here's something I'm working on:
    SPOILER! :

I'm mainly concerned with the anatomy, but also I feel like her eyes are off and I can't figure out why... as always any comments and critiques are welcome!

Wow! You've really come a long way since the first few posts (not that those were bad by any means.) I really like the design, and I think you're tackling a difficult pose Good job!

Let's see, I think you're doing pretty good. There is something about the legs that I can't quite put to words. I think her left thigh is out a little too much (our right). I may be mistaken, but it looks just a smidgen off. Also, I think her legs are a little big. Not that big thighs aren't cool (heck, I need to shut up, these could be my legs *er* walking away from that comment.) I also think her right foot (our left) is connected oddly. Hm..does that make sense? Sorry if it doesn't. I mean to say, I think it's going back in an unnatural way and could be pulled forward a wee bit.

For the most part, I think she looks awesome! I like the detail you give to her fur and hair. He eyes are really pretty, too. I don't think they're much wrong with them...maybe the pupils are slightly different sizes, but really not that noticeable (and eyes are naturally a slightly different sizes.)

Well, I hope this helps, I really like this character! Her nose is so cute! Is she happy crying? Or sad crying? Hope she feels better (okay, now I'm starting to loose it. Maybe I should go to bed.)
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

They look fine and sugoi!

@Sylux: Thanks!!
    @Blue_Dragon: I'm looking at it again and I totally see what you mean about the left thigh and right foot! *goes off to go fix it* also yeaaaah its the hair man, it makes her look like shes crying! I should probably fix that... Thank you so much for the help!!
    Last edited by corastaur; 11-11-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Ok I finished coloring her and I tried to fix her legs
    SPOILER! :
    Woot!

Pretty good! Id say (as my mentor Nisaren said to me) to first put the darkest shade(in this case, i would use a somewhat darker color of the skin) and then add lighter and lighter areas. Love the hair and the eyes
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Interesting design! I think I'm going to use this idea I got when looking at it. Thanks!

@sylux You're welcome? haha go for it
    @gedeon Thanks and thank you so much for the advice on coloring, I can definitely use it

Yes! My teacher Neville Page taught me the same! I cannot critique your drawing, for it is as good as my critical eye can tell.