Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Cora's art dumps - I'M BACK kind of... ; - ;

That is absolutely beautiful!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Thank you guys again for the compliments :3

Here is a massive/semi-massive sketch dump of all the studies and gesture/figure drawing practice i've been doing on the side. I mentioned earlier but I'm also in a figure drawing class this quarter, so at the end of the quarter I'll do a massive sketch dump of stuff from class. :P

SPOILER! :

stuff I've drawn while riding on the train/bus on my way home one weekends:

pose etc practice sans reference.

drawing people on the bus.

His legs are too short but I didn't use ref :/

Quick 30 sec - 1 min sketches and then some 5-10 min ones using the pixelovely figure drawing tool thingy

and finally a page of lip sketches cause lips are awesome.

The pics are always so big >:[ hmph.

edit: more pics

SPOILER! :

Henri and Helena. Two potential OCs that I drew up who do not have back stories yet. Although they may just fit into worlds that I have already worked on creating. Who knows. I think they're probably siblings. Trying out a very slightly different style. Doesn't look a ton different, but it does feels a bit different.

Last edited by corastaur; 11-18-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Your gesture drawings are very cool. They're very scribbly, but they have a lot of life to them that I think they wouldn't have without the scribbles. I'm a little scribbly too, so they're not a bad thing, especially since you show time and time again that you can do clean stuff, too.

For instance, I really like the crispness of the portraits below that. However, I advise you to reconsider the size of the eyes, which occupy a large part of the face. I notice in both portrait and your avatar that the eyes are large and very close together. Typically eyes are about "one eye apart," meaning that you should be able to fit an imaginary third eye in the distance between the existing two. Of course, this rule can be flubbed a bit, as it's not true for all people, but it is common in most.

If you choose not to make your eyes smaller for a more innocent and stylized look, then consider maintaining the size but positioning them further apart somehow.

Thanks Seefy!!! I've been trying to breathe some life into my poses as they're usually so stiff. Because of this I've been trying to let myself draw looser and stuff. Its been a lot of fun. Also that explains a lot about whats been bothering me with my drawings... I keep looking at them knowing that something is off with the eyes, but I couldn't figure out what! Now that I know I can fix it :/ I think I'll test it out both ways, keeping them big but farther apart and making them smaller.

Regular Member whenrabbitsattack2.0's Avatar
    I love henri and helena. the fact that he has dimples just sells it for me <3
    the gesture drawings are really great, you've managed to convey the emotion without having faces. seffy already mentioned what I noticed, so Nothing to add
    collectin my fav quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    I wasn't aware breasts were sentient and capable of independent movement
    Quote Originally Posted by theAnimeRebel View Post
    Sheesh, you people and your superiority issues.

The scribbles are pretty good. one thing that i can nit pick is that sometimes your hands can get a bit thin. but as i said its really REALLY hard nitpicking. Great scribbles. portraits are awesome and i agree with C-fox about the eyes other then that its pretty Also I LOVE THEM LIPS!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

d'awww I love you guys o///o Maaaan I am realizing more and more that hands and feet are one of my main weaknesses. I think I need to work on that for sure. >:3

Here's a picture that i did for funsies and to see whether or not i've improved (see first page of my thread ). I also have a bunch of exercise sketches that i may or may not dump in here in the next couple of days. I tried to make the eyes a good distance apart, hopefully i succeeded? Also the hands in this pic :/ I was clearly not focusing much on them. *sigh*

SPOILER! :

Last edited by corastaur; 11-29-2012 at 02:46 AM.

I like this one a lot! I have no critiques this time :3 Just enjoying the art
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Looks lovely Cora the only thing I can think to suggest is to thicken out the top right arm at where it joins to the body slightly. I love the hair and the cat! :3

this is adorable!