Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Cora's art dumps - I'M BACK kind of... ; - ;

Thanks Ged! I fixed the curve in the back of the leg after you pointed it out so thank you Also Nisaren gotta figure out a prize haha

So I just finished my first week back at school and I haven't really had much time to draw what with new classes, a cold, and learning about spontaneous generation (ie my container of quaker oats oatmeal stuff magically turned into moths... been squashing mini caterpillars all week) So today I decided to have fun practicing drawing different expressions and hair
    SPOILER! :

There was experimenting with the style of eyes and stuff. Also i think some of their eyes are too close together and others are too far apart, but ya know practice makes perfect and all that jazz. C&C would be awesome! Especially with the hair, I think i'm making it too like... not complicated but I feel like I shouldn't have so many lines in it. I'm thinking I should probably work on profiles and 3/4 views next huh...

Hope you all have great weeks, I might be participating in Kuviasungnerk Kangeiko (something my school does each year) meaning I'll be waking up at the lovely hour of 5 every day...

Sorry for the double post!!!! but here:

I was looking at it again and i'm not too big on the eys, also i think her feet are too small... anything else?

those faces are really nice

The only thing i saw wrong were the legs and the distance between the eyes.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

those calf's u drew Ged are like the same size of her thighs, that isn't very realistic xD

I think you could make her a little taller Cora at the moment she is roughly 4 heads high, usually a manga person is around 5-7 and a normal person is around 7 1/2 - 8+ depends on the build.

^Agreed.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Thanks guys I tried to fix some things:

SPOILER! :

I made her feet bigger since I think they made her legs look really small (although her calfs might need to be bigger still... dunno) also made her eyes farther apart and her head smaller so she would look a bit taller (I want her short but i just wanna make sure it doesnt look weird.) Anything I should adjust more?

Here are a couple other things:

SPOILER! :
    I think for this one the lips are too bright so I might try dulling the color a bit

SPOILER! :

For this one something doesn't seem right about her hands, also I was trying to use just cool colors but I don't think I succeeded. It needs something...

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Really dig that first one. Has a lot of... character to it, and even though it's just a straight on frontal view, it's not boring. I guess some extra stuff you could add to it could be a few smaller details here and there, depending on how far you're willing to go with it. You know, like stiching, and lines on the socks, if there are any. Etc.

On the second one: I like the design of it, althouh there is something a bit of wih the general shape of the head. It seems as though you put too much hair on the forehead, and tried to stuf her features in the remaining space. I like the colors though, not overblown or anything, just nice and subtle, and it works.

For th last one: The atmosphere is pretty great here, and the colors really resonate a cold kinda sensation. There are a few anatomy mistakes though, mainly around the elbow onwards point.
    I think if she's wearing that jacket, it should be a bit more puffed up, unless you meant for it to be that tight. The wrists should be a bit wider to support the hands, take a look at your own, and others. That will lead to creating a much more natural looking set of hands. Another problem I noticed is that her right hand, which is overlapping her left, seems to have extra long fingers, or maybe it's the pose of the hands that make em look odd... ah well. All is well, whew, typed a lot.

Hope I helped a bit lol.

Thanks Gunz! Yeah with the second one I think I just put way too much hair on her head and for the last one I made a couple changes! I tried making the edges of her jacket puffy hoping it would make it look better, and I tried to fix the hands although I don't think I succeeded... But thank you for the help I really appreciate it

Dump of stuff I've been doing to avoid studying for midterms:

SPOILER! :

Did on group board. Was originally based on Alice in wonderland but shifted as i went

Was bored so played around with colors.

This project just made me sad in the end haha Things Im not fond of and need to figure out what to do with: background, cherry blossoms, hem of dress thing, and are her calfs too long for her body? I can't tell anymore... also the arm under her head is wonky.

Finally I'm trying to learn how to draw a dragon... but I'm in need of help!!! please

for the last one, i know i didn't give him/her feet haha I was struggling with the rest of the body so i gave up. Also didn't finish the face, and i think the body's too short. Woot!

Finally:

So yeah... this is what happens when I'm avoiding midterms... urgh
    edit: the idea behind the girl in pink was that she was the spirit of a cherry tree. But she doesn't look quite... ethereal? enough for me.
    Last edited by corastaur; 01-25-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Just a quick suggestion for drawing dragons. Maybe you could do some studies of lizards, snakes and other serpents and use their anatomy as a starting point for drawing your dragons. Another option would be to study some traditional depictions of dragons, ie. Chinese dragons vs. western dragons, etc.

I'd be careful with the anatomy of the girl based on Alice in Wonderland. Her chest looks oddly drawn when compared to the line of her back.