Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cora's art dumps - I'M BACK kind of... ; - ;

Cora's art dumps - I'M BACK kind of... ; - ;

Hey all, this is my first time posting so it's kind of nerve-wracking, but here's the drawing:

Hopefully that worked... I was having trouble with the legs and some of the anatomy in general, as well as the wrinkles in the clothes. :/ Any help would be wonderful!

edit: Drawn again 2012
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by corastaur; 11-29-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Hey, welcome to MT! I think things look fairly alright, but the hip protrudes too much at the top. I really love her eyes, though.

Just some things i think could have worked better. Except the crotch part i didn't do something right there.

Other then that pretty cute (My first red line YAY )
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I don't know if I would make the shoulder bigger, maybe would be better if the character shows more her back and dramatize the bend of the chest to make a emphasis in the pose.

not big fan of red lines, specially because: A) if the person who does the red line does a mistake it will be fomenting the same mistakes and B) it doesn't respect the style of others and can get biased (I'm not saying to gedeon to not do it, but more to corasasasa to always see red lines in a more critique way).

Agreed with clock, so the only thing i did was the proportions "i" thought could be corrected. So Cora if you feel like i was wrong (or if you think the same of anyone in the future) just either ignore it or ask for specifics.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Gedeon I'll keep that in mind (the ignoring/specifics part haha)

Also thank you all so much for the advice, I think I'm going to go back and fix some things... hopefully i'll be happier with it then :P

This is my newest picture, it didnt scan very well (should probably figure that out haha) :

I was having some trouble with a couple of things. Mainly making it look like she was kissing the frog, what to put in the background, and the freaking hose >.< Also i dont know if you can tell but its supposed to be a kiddie pool next to her. Any advice is always welcome with me

I added the cropped one so it'd be easier to see what i meant with the kissing frog thing
    Last edited by corastaur; 09-19-2011 at 12:50 AM.

I'm no expert, but maybe you should move the frog away from her mouth and have the lips look like they are about to kiss (maybe with the eyes ''cuter'' and closed?).
    Or, do what I (the beginner!) would do- change her stance to sideways or something like that. Anyway, kisses are usually drawn from the side and not straight forward, whether it's a frog or a prince ^_^

For the background you might add the back of her house, with the hose connecting to the spigot. Maybe have the home set off the side in the background, so you can see a fence wrapping around (if you wanted it to have a fence.) Just a suggestion

Also, I agree with RyeBlossom. Maybe have her lips puckering up a bit with her eyes closed. It's looking cute, though! I like the mini pool a lot, and the livelihood you give to the frogs.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

101 Dalmations Member The_shaman's Avatar
    The last one is boring, everything is on the same plane almost, but very close to even. I would not have the watering hose going off the page because its leading the line of sight off the paper. A better composition would have been placing the little girl either infront or behind the pool. This would shift the weight of the picture to the left. Have the hose leading from behind the pool and the girl onto the ground.

what good is a horizon line if you do not use it, right now everything is pretty much lined up, try doing some over lapping. What the-shaman was saying about the hose is correct it leads off into an empty space away from the area of interest, try having the hose come from behind the pool and loop from behind the girl back around to come at rest in front of her.

religiously memorize these tutorials they are the best out there for learning perspective.

http://fox-orian.deviantart.com/gall...62487#/d1yamid
    http://fox-orian.deviantart.com/art/...Pt-2-125042592
    (have to zoom in to see)

also study artworks out side of here, most of the members suck and give bad critique.