Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Cora's art dumps - I'M BACK kind of... ; - ;

Thanks Gunz!! I added shadows from the girls and made it darker around the pool and it definitely looks better! WOOT! Before now I've done a bunch of watercolor landscapes and I thought it might be fun to try one of a person so this is how I spent my evening:

I had a lot of trouble with the hands and feet ugh... they killed me... also I'm struggling with clothing/wrinkles. Any advice?

Advice: Draw from life /bricked in the face like a thousand times. But really @.@ You could also read up on a few tutorials and articles on human proportions and drawing the figure in perspective. Studying how other artists draw the body and wrinkles is also a good idea when developing style.

The feet really aren't that bad, it's her legs being too short that's throwing this off.

Technical mumbo-jumbo aside, I really love the way you colored this!! ;^; <3 <3

coloring is nice.....
    take care of the proportions as already been told .....
    see here HANDS LOOKS LONG ENOUGH (stretch her hands in mind)
    BODY BECAME A LITTLE BIT OF SHORT
    take care apply stretching method in your mind to make some proportions right.

Thank you both very much! I wanted to try working on improving my anatomy so I drew a few sketches, I just wanted to see if I'm going in the right direction or not haha

I know the boobs arent perfect haha but yeah

perfect did u use reference for that ......????
    if yes then good for practice............
    if no then its way too good for practice ..
    the more you do without seeing things the more you learn quickly

Yeah this is fo sho a step in the right direction xD Much much better. All I can see is that the upper left arm (her left, our right) on the body on our right is too long. My elbows generally hit me right about the bottom of my ribcage (yes I use my own body for reference all the time) and currently her elbow would be closer to her hip @.@

This is looking really good though. Once you feel comfortable with proportions the next step is going to be muscle placement.

Firstly, thank you both so much for the critique! It's really helping me figure out what I need to work on and how to practice, so I really appreciate it!
    @trilokool No i didn't use reference... I looked at some tutorials and a drawing book on human proportion, then I used stickman-like guidelines to figure out the poses :P Woot!
    @Kasey After you said that about the elbow I started using myself as reference for the length of arms and stuff haha Do you know any good tutorials or anything for muscle placement?

So I've been swamped with school work (just finished my fourth week of school), but I finally had time to draw something tonight. My main concerns are making sure that the proportions are right and that the pose makes sense. Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out what she should wear, so heads up she's not wearing clothes yet...

SPOILER! :

Much Thanks!!

I'm really not sure they have tutorials for muscle placement but I'll go look around for you and see if I can dig up something good :3 I learned using this really old but totally sick figure drawing and anatomy book I found in the garage :I They're bound to have something like that in your library. Study photographs, anatomy books and classical art if you're interested in learning some really nice organic body structure <3 We all know Da Vinci did some pretty wicked anatomy studies in his life but I also highly recommend Frank Frazetta because his anatomy (not to mention style and composition) is just. . . just wow.

The proportions in this are actually pretty damn good :3 Nice job! The pose makes sense for the most part but I personally recommend popping her hind foot up onto it's toes to match the front one because our feet will subconsciously do the same thing at the same time more often than not if we're not paying attention to them. Also check that angle of the wrist behind the ball of yarn and make sure it lines up with the rest of her arm. Also the fingers on the ball could use a little more definition.

Thanks Kasey! I went back and fixed the things you suggested, it looked much better so thank you!

this is my latest:

this took me a while... (the story behind it is that when we were little, my sibs and i were playing at being superheroes and my sister decided she wanted to be jesus... she's never lived it down.) aaaanyway I feel like something's off with the boys eyes, and i'm not super happy with some of the coloring. Any critique/comments would be awesome! Thank you

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    That is just too adorable for words. I esp like how you coloured the hair. The clothes could use some highlights eventhough the light source is coming from the back but surely there's some low light from the front as well? Otherwise the whole look would be really dark-ish. E.g. Like how you showed highlights on little Jesus's sash, but there's none on Wonder Woman and Superman. Just my thoughts. Cheers!