Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: So why is Nickleback so bad?

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Then if someone says Nickelback/Linking Park is bad, you will have to suck it. Or keep doing meta discussions about good vs bad, which are going to bore everyone to death, and mostly people are going to tell you "there are objective parameters of what I'm saying and you are deflecting the discussion".
    Y'know most people told Galileo to suck it too.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Y'know most people told Galileo to suck it too.
    Funny thing, most people though the earth was flat, and that was considered the true. Why this remember me so much to another discussion that imply that a video game was good if everyone like it?

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    lol
    So cake have you met waffles?

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Funny thing, most people though the earth was flat, and that was considered the true.
    Actually no, they didn't. It was established relatively early on the Earth was round. It's a modern myth, created to make us modern men look better, that they thought the Earth was flat.

Key words: "It was" and "BOMBED among the fanbase"
    Fine everybody. And if they were trying to sell it, why would they abandon the fanbase and change their style so drastically? They wouldn't. They did what they wanted to do. Go read a critic's review. Most all will call it bad.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 09-12-2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Fucking ridiculous typo
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Fenn
    Funny thing, most people though the earth was flat, and that was considered the true. Why this remember me so much to another discussion that imply that a video game was good if everyone like it?
    Funny thing, most people actually read my replies. I already determined the different between fact and opinion.

If you want to continue this discussion, wait till tomorrow when I make the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Actually no, they didn't. It was established relatively early on the Earth was round. It's a modern myth, created to make us modern men look better, that they thought the Earth was flat.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Fine everybody. And if they were trying to sell it, why would they abandon the fanbase and change their style so drastically? They wouldn't. They did what they wanted to do. Go read a critic's review. Most all will call it bad.
    Young kids. The fanbase grow up and left it, so they need new kids, and the new generations are not going to eat the same, so they change it to win a new fanbase (everything they do is made for marketing).

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Please learn to spell a band name right first before you start ranting about your dislike for it, Clock.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Please learn to spell a band name right first before you start ranting about your dislike for it, Clock.
    great post.

Just pointing out that there is pretty much no evidence that people thought the earth was flat. People in the middle ages thought of the earth as round, and even as far back as ancient greece people thought the earth was spheric. Roger Bacon even wrote about the curvature of the earth in the 13th century. Blame is often put on the American writer Washington Irving for putting forth this "rumour".

Not to take away from your point, I'm just saying, that's all.