Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: So why is Nickleback so bad?

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I just don't like Linkin Park because I don't like being screamed at.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Most LP isn't screamo.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Why Nickelback sucks? Easy!

It's one of the bands who have made less innovation of all, this goes to the points that their whole music is the repetition of the same compositions because it sells. So basically is a band that makes music to sell, not to inspire or innovate (you can listen how they use similar tempos, beat's and others). Even more, there is people who claim that some songs are ripoff of other songs (I haven't gave that much attention so I don't have this experience).

Why Linking Park sucks? Easy!!

Basically Linking Park has made some copy paste with their songs, the lyrics are quiet emo (wannabehardcore) and the composition of the instruments some time is unnoriginal (doing same riffs) and others doesn't work with each other (don't add in a organic way).

Both Nickelback and Linking Park are market band's which mean, those are sell to a segment of population with the same taste, so they don't need innovation, just keep doing the same thing over and over again. Also I hate their lyrics (Nickelback use the same subjects the whole time and Linking Park its sooooo emo).

Also I hate slipknot, I think that people who listen this kind of Nu-Metal are kids who want loud music, without knowing there are way more awesome "loud" band's out there. Thanks MTV.

Linkin Park albums do NOT sound a like. There is a clear difference in Hybrid Theory, Minutes to Midnight, and 1000 Suns. Nor are they emo. Never has there been a message to kill yourself in a LP song. (Well ... ... Shadow of the Day maybe.) As for Nickelback ... They're OK. I like two of their song. And even if LP/Nickelback was all the same, that doesn't make them bad. All the Rolling Stone albums sound the same, does that make them a bad band? People are entitled to opinions, and OMG!NOWAI!! musical taste is subjective. (Waits around for GunZ to reinforce his argument like he did on the middle MT.)

And don't blame MTV for anything, they haven't aired a music video since the late 90's.

You're my favorite.

For my Linking Park is the same as always has been (I have live enough to have listened them in all the periods of the band's life) and for both linking park and nickleback they are just a marketing band, they sell what they now it sells. There is no risk,

I actually don't like the Rolling Stone, I like some of their songs, but as a band (TODAY!) are not as good.
    I prefer The Residents, Primus, Mike Patton, etc.

Also yeah, yeah, yeah it's subjective, but there are objectives parameters, specially in music, which is pure math. And this bands do that, they know the mathematical tempos and beat that work, and they keep using them, they are marketing bands.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    For my Linking Park is the same as always has been (I have live enough to have listened them in all the periods of the band's life) and for both linking park and nickleback they are just a marketing band, they sell what they now it sells. There is no risk,

I actually don't like the Rolling Stone, I like some of their songs, but as a band (TODAY!) are not as good.
    I prefer The Residents, Primus, Mike Patton, etc.

Also yeah, yeah, yeah it's subjective, but there are objectives parameters, specially in music, which is pure math. And this bands do that, they know the mathematical tempos and beat that work, and they keep using them, they are marketing bands.
    Would that not be considered skilled, talented, or a host of other adjective which are only partially related to good? I mean, saying they're objectively bad bands is practically a personal insult. Unoriginal, low-talent, fine. But BAD? You're telling me my ears suck essentially...

Interesting, you are bringing up the same subject I'm debating with Cypress over in Video Games. I think tomorrow I'll make a thread addressing the concept of "good" and "bad" in media, and we can all have it out.

Well Bad has for extention unoriginal, low-talent and cheap... so I use bad because of the extention.

You know, when I first start learning to play guitar I start to appreciate other bands and throw away others, not because I was listening what was bad in the band's or good in them, but because I start listening every instrument and I start realizing how the whole composition work's. Reason why I fell in love with the Math Core genre and the Noise music. I'm not saying you have bad ears, but maybe you need to listen more careful.

Linkin Park's last album was in NO WAY meant to sell (well, it was but ...). It's a concept album, and it BOMBED among the fanbase. Hell, according to the Singer, their won't actually be Noise in their next ablum.

You're my favorite.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Well Bad has for extention unoriginal, low-talent and cheap... so I use bad because of the extention.

You know, when I first start learning to play guitar I start to appreciate other bands and throw away others, not because I was listening what was bad in the band's or good in them, but because I start listening every instrument and I start realizing how the whole composition work's. Reason why I fell in love with the Math Core genre and the Noise music. I'm not saying you have bad ears, but maybe you need to listen more careful.
    I knew you weren't really insulting me. Thing is I'm not sure I want to listen more closely if all it will do is increase my taste/expectations. If I was discontent with my music tastes maybe...

As far as bad, "unoriginal, low-talent and cheap" may mean bad for you but not for others. It's gonna be part of the debate I make tmrw. Don't get ahead of me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Linkin Park's last album was in NO WAY meant to sell (well, it was but ...). It's a concept album, and it BOMBED among the fanbase. Hell, according to the Singer, their won't actually be Noise in their next ablum.
    Key words: "It was" and "BOMBED among the fanbase"

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    I knew you weren't really insulting me. Thing is I'm not sure I want to listen more closely if all it will do is increase my taste/expectations. If I was discontent with my music tastes maybe...
    Then if someone says Nickelback/Linking Park is bad, you will have to suck it. Or keep doing meta discussions about good vs bad, which are going to bore everyone to death, and mostly people are going to tell you "there are objective parameters of what I'm saying and you are deflecting the discussion".