Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: So why is Nickleback so bad?

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    because of the obvious industrial influence?
    Influences make an entirely new genre now? So if I take 95% drum n' bass and throw a banjo in it, it's cyberbilly?

This is classic D&B from the SS2 soundtrack. Tell me how different that is from the song you posted that it justifies creating an entirely new genre.

Last edited by CypressDahlia; 09-15-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Those are the reasons why there are so many stupid genres.

If I'm japanese and play rock I'm making jrock? If I play rock on japan I'm making jrock? there are a lot of genres that are unnecessary (not just the j-something but also many others) and as I see it a genre can only be a genre by itself only if the estructural composition of the music let it. By example Punk is a different genre from Rock not just because of the lyric, but also because of the rhythms, beats and riffs.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I wonder who comes up with the genres. Either pretentious artists who want to seem "new" or does some neckbeard sit at home thinking of cool things to call slightly altered music? It's like the question of how we discovered herbal medicine? Did someone roam around the forest eating random leaves and recording the results? Someone has to be out there coming up with these subgenres!

inputting my input