Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wacom's New Inkling Pen

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar

Wacom's New Inkling Pen

Apparently, it's like a normal pen but as you draw on a paper, it will digitize straight onto the computer. It's Wacom's latest product and will become available mid-September for $199USD. It also does layers which is kind of neat.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool. I'm not really that great drawing directly onto the computer using a tablet so this will be a nice tool to use to bridge that gap. Thoughts?

Official page here: http://wacom.com/en/Products/Inkling.aspx

Promo videos:

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Yea I heard about this. Sounds pretty interesting, but I'm kinda doubting it's effectiveness you know? Guess I'll have to try it myself.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I hear ya. I want to see some reviews first and wait awhile to see how people like it.

From what I was looking at in the specs, though, the downfall of it is that you can't obstruct the receiver, can't use it on sunlight (UV rays mess up the receiver), and you can't use rulers or any other types of templates because it messes up with the receiver. Other than that, it saves your work at 600 dpi, has refillable pen points (just get it at your local office store), save in layers, and animation of your drawing from start to finish.

Well, like I said, I'll wait to see the reviews... :3

I kinda want this. looks cool. It has some obvious problems but, hey, so does every invention the first time around

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Yeah, I read about this a few days ago. It seems interesting, but it would serve no purpose for me, seeing as my traditional art is super messy and I would rather just use a tablet at home. If I was interested in getting it, I'd wait a year or two for them to iron out the hiccups, though.

Looks nice, but I agree. I think its going to have the obvious problems, such as not getting what you draw and what not.

Not worth the 200 dollars. I say, if it was like 100-120, maybe worth a buy. But eh.

Um, why not just keep a sketchbook and a good felt-tip pen? I mean, it's not like you can't use a good scanner and a few seconds of Photoshop...

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Yeah, I definitely wouldn't want to fork out $200 for it. Like Hamachi said, you can just buy yourself a scanner and sketch supplies for the same price. You get more mileage out of that anyway.

101 Dalmations Member The_shaman's Avatar
    old news to me, but I so want one now and heard its only 200, I am so getting it.

Well im kinda interested cuz my traditional sketches look way better then digital finished pieces but yeah it aint something really awesome.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.