Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon Network going to shit

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    The point is not that cartoon network is shit. It's shit to us because we were around to see what it was. But now kids are watching it for what it is and in the middle of their kid-friendly programming there are Indian dudes shouting "bitches" at the top of their lungs. Cartoon Network is not just shit--it's reckless shit.

Fenn
    How about ESPN? Unless sports have suddenly become adult only programing, the ads they show during 1PM GAMES THAT FAMILIES WATCH TOGETHER can be shocking, to say the least.

But I agree with CN too. In fact, almost all channels have decided to pretend children only watch Nick Jr and Disney Channel.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Andrew W.K. is keeping CN real, also Lyoko was the balls, Totally Spies is still epicsauce.

Well, ESPN doesn't have ratings so I can't really say. But yeah, I can imagine it has some p. racy commercials. The thing about Cartoon Network is that it's full of shows with TV Y7 ratings, which basically tells parents "hey, our programs are perfect for your young children!" and then blindsides them with vulgar commercials. It's a really dick move.

"Are you 65 or older?"

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Espn panders to straight adult males where as cn is a kids show network. We all know that plenty of +18yr olds still watch cn and nickelodeon but they are both still kids networks. You would be like "WTF is this shit" if you saw a spongebob DVD commercial on spike right? I agree if you don't want to see those things just don't look but this is intentionally showing kids this stuff. Kids are allot more "mature" (for lack of a better word) and vulgar but not all. My 2yr old told me about people dying the other day and Dracula eating peoples faces but that's because my mother let him watch brahm strokers Dracula. So kids pick up what they watch and that includes the commercials.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Espn panders to straight adult males where as cn is a kids show network. We all know that plenty of +18yr olds still watch cn and nickelodeon but they are both still kids networks. You would be like "WTF is this shit" if you saw a spongebob DVD commercial on spike right? I agree if you don't want to see those things just don't look but this is intentionally showing kids this stuff. Kids are allot more "mature" (for lack of a better word) and vulgar but not all. My 2yr old told me about people dying the other day and Dracula eating peoples faces but that's because my mother let him watch brahm strokers Dracula. So kids pick up what they watch and that includes the commercials.
    Exactly. Yet idk if I'd agree with ESPN only catering to straight adult males. Their Magazine certainly, but not the show. But what do I know.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    ESPN sucks, wth are you guys talking about. Spike all the way, Manswers and 1000Ways all day.

You could file a complaint... i find it bad and they shouldve known, but they get paid to run it like you said and money is all that matters now eh...

Kids these days really do know a lot more bout sex and stuff than i did... or do xD Its because its on tv and shows a lot? i dont know... but i wouldn't like my childeren to see it...

Also i never liked Code: Lyoko... i think it was because of the Belgium dubbing maybe xD
    Last edited by Byakuran; 09-08-2011 at 12:27 PM.

I posted in the Cartoon Network forums. All posts have to be approved by a moderator. They did not approve my post. Fucking bullshit.

And it was a pretty benign post, too. No cursing or aggressive language, so they have no reason to censor me aside from the fact that they don't want to own up to it.