Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Games that impacted you the most [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Fenn
    Reminder: a game's objective "goodness" or "badness" is based on the number and ratio of people who enjoyed it to those who didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Reminder: a game's objective "goodness" or "badness" is based on the number and ratio of people who enjoyed it to those who didn't.
    So COD MW is a awesome game, and Inception an awesome movie.

Wrong statement is wrong.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Oblivion is a good "pick your own Adventure" book but not a good game. let's just leave it at that. I think we had a thread about this already, and even those who liked Oblivion agreed that the core gameplay: combat, inventory management, etc. were crap.

._. i liked it trough and trough.................
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Okay, we all agree Oblivion is average. It has bad gameplay, but it was fun. (For most people at least)

I think we can all also agree that Skyrim is going to be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    I think we can all also agree that Skyrim is going to be amazing.
    Have you played? Do you know something about the story?

For many people Skyrim is like a volcano of fantasies just because the first trailer had epic music, but to be honest I haven't seen any feature that would make me say "wow, this can be a great game". Even more, I'm way more exited by Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning than by Skyrim (I have seen more gameplay about kingdom of amalur than about skyrim, and kingdom of amalur still have like a year to be released).

I can give you that it has dragons and it looks pretty sweet, but still I haven't seen that much to say "wow, this game is gonna be awesome" and I'm kinda tired with the marketing of skyrim and the final fantasy XIII-2 or Street Fighter vs Tekken, it's like they don't care about the game, just to make every trailer look cool and cinematic.

I hope skyrim become a awesome game.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I think Skyrim might be able to change my mind about elder scrolls. But we'll have to wait and see.

I heard Al Shaddai was a fucking badass game, and the art style makes me hot. Though, I personally have not played.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Have you played? Do you know something about the story?

For many people Skyrim is like a volcano of fantasies just because the first trailer had epic music, but to be honest I haven't seen any feature that would make me say "wow, this can be a great game". Even more, I'm way more exited by Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning than by Skyrim (I have seen more gameplay about kingdom of amalur than about skyrim, and kingdom of amalur still have like a year to be released).

I can give you that it has dragons and it looks pretty sweet, but still I haven't seen that much to say "wow, this game is gonna be awesome" and I'm kinda tired with the marketing of skyrim and the final fantasy XIII-2 or Street Fighter vs Tekken, it's like they don't care about the game, just to make every trailer look cool and cinematic.

I hope skyrim become a awesome game.
    I do too, and I know what you mean. People hype up a game just from the trailer a lot of the time. Unlike them though, I've watched a few interviews with Todd Howard and he's said that they are fixing up almost everything they did wrong in Oblivion. You can't trust him completely, but he's shown gameplay with an improved 3rd person mode—allowing a player to be able to play primarily in 3rd person,—improved accessibility and new capabilities for the inventory, a perk system when leveling up, (Much like Fallout) and an even greater graphics engine which also allows for a bigger map. It's looking great, but we won't know for sure if it is until it comes out.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    So COD MW is a awesome game, and Inception an awesome movie.

Wrong statement is wrong.
    Those statements are absolutely true, whether you disagree with them or not. It's your word v.s. 2 ga-jillion or however many gamers bought and enjoyed MW. They ALL thought it was fun. What, you're a more "sophisticated" gamer so your opinion counts more? (If I'm skewing your words please correct me)

Saying a game is objectively "good" is completely different from saying a game is poorly made, or low quality, or a cash-in. The latter comments can be backed with facts and justified observations. The first can't until you give it a definition.

good/Adjective: To be desired or approved of. (Dictionary.com)

Several million people desired COD MW. Hence, it is a good game by objective standards. That doesn't mean you can't hate it, loathe it, or feel whatever way you want towards it. It oes mean you can't inflate your opinion to be more valid than the opinions of millions.

^the thing i think is the best is that they said that there will be much more interactivity with the enemies and NPC. The one thing i sincerely i didn't like in oblivion is the fights. The whole idea of block and atack didn't bother me but the fact that you don't even touch your opponents when you "hit" them made me so frustrated but now they have upped the animations and the possibilities so yeah here is crossing fingers for it to be an epic game. Also since io forgot to tell it one of the games that shocked me was Batman Arkham asylum....never have thought that i could like sneaking and avoiding head on battles so much.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.