Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Games that impacted you the most [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Do you truly find Oblivion a average game by any standards?

Absolutely

Then all the points I gave why Oblivion sucks wouldn't mind you in any game, you would probably feel like are normal and wouldn't change your game experience.

Apparently I have quiet big standards in video games, and all those points are just my standards being very picky with the game.

See that argument doesn't really work if you judge a game by the experience it offers as a whole. For instance human revolution is good in spite of its boss battles. It's not a bad game by any means. But if zelda had boss battles that were as bad as that it would probably not get so much forgiveness since boss battles are a big part of what makes zelda good. A game like deadly premonition can be fundamentally bad but still be awesome because it just throws the balls to the walls and the creator understand interactivity on a level that some people could only hope to achieve.

Deus Ex HR fails at bosses, but the point of the game is the infiltration part.
    Oblivion fails in the rpg experience (see my points), but the point of the game is... ?

To go on an adventure?

and how does Oblivion delivery a good adventure? (I have pointed that the combat system fails, the npc's are awful, the story is bad, the teleportation kills the idea of a epic journey, and if you want I can keep going saying that there is no cohesion in the world [you jump from a gothic to a japanese architecture in different cities which are under a same realm)

You dont need any of that to have a good adventure, you just need the freedom to fuck around. The best things about fallout and oblivion to me are the emergent nature of the gameplay. Most importantly it gives you the freedom to make bad decisions which most games are afraid of.

So for you the game is like a GTA and is just to play around and everything else (story, characters, combat, etc) is just worthless. For my every sandbox game like this only gives my 5 minutes of fun, until I find something better to play.

I will just say this: Horse armor DLC.

Horse armor looks rad