Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Games that impacted you the most [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    You guys are being needlessly hard on a game thats 5 years old and was highly ambitious. Not everything can be morrowind and its not like morrowind ceased to exist. You can still play it.
    Good point there. I do own Morrowind but unfortunately it no longer works on my system.

If a game is highly ambitious and doesn't delivery doesn't that make it fails?

Also there are older games way better than Oblivion, saying that it has 5 years old doesn't really justify the crappyness.

There are better games out there besides Oblivion. Yes it is crappy and deserves such title, but some are just more i dont know loyal(?) ot the series i guess. I guess i'm gonna have to order a pizza and start grinding with my lvl. 20 Warrior on WoW....

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The whole point with ambitious games is that they tried something different. Win or fail, they went for it, can't knock it for trying, even if it did suck. Brink did have me on a roll for a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    The whole point with ambitious games is that they tried something different. Win or fail, they went for it, can't knock it for trying, even if it did suck.
    Very True, very true. I can't argue with that.

Where is the innovation in Oblivion? Does the innovation delivery?

When a game does a innovation as Brink, Eternal Sonata, Deus Ex (the first) and other games, you have to ask your self if the innovation really does a change in the game and delivery a different and enjoyable experience. For my Oblivion fails in many ways, even in the innovation, and its one of those games that have made my feel raped after I bought them (as Final Fantasy XIII did my felt to), and obviously I'm going to hate it for my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    If a game is highly ambitious and doesn't delivery doesn't that make it fails?
    It absolutely delivered. They wanted to make an rpg in a massive world and they succeeded. They also succeeded in making the game more accessible to new players.

Also there are older games way better than Oblivion, saying that it has 5 years old doesn't really justify the crappyness.
    The only games older than oblivion that tried to do the same things oblivion did are its prequels. Just because mario is fuckawesome doesn't mean that oblivion is meant to hold up to the same standard.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    TBH, I just hate it because it was an interactive storybook billed as an RPG.

WOW was released in the 2004, and gave players a mmorpg with open world in 3D graphics and plenty of quests to rol (and almost balanced characters and races).

Oblivion was released in the 2006, and gave players a open rpg (and everything else faild).

We also have Mass Effect (2007) and Fallout 3 (2008).

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    WOW was released in the 2004, and gave players a mmorpg with open world in 3D graphics and plenty of quests to rol (and almost balanced characters and races).
    This is a joke right they are not similar at all.

Oblivion was released in the 2006, and gave players a open rpg (and everything else faild).
    Everything else failed? Its a perfectly average game by any standards.

We also have Mass Effect (2007) and Fallout 3 (2008).
    Okay? These came afterwards, one isn't open world at all and one of them was built on the same engine as oblivion was. What were you trying to prove here.