Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for good tips and tutorials, plus some encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel View Post
    yeah i guess your right about that.
    it's better to know more about bone structure and muscles.
    but it's the hard part though. but if you think she can handle it, then i guess all is good.
    i just suggested stuffs for her to think 3d.
    As a beginner she really need to start with anatomy. It's harder, but also it let you go further, specially if you start with it.

Banned
    The book ramiel suggested contains little exercises to practice drawing in 3D, so I've been drawing cubes and stuff.
    I actually have the paper version of this book, but I don't know where I put it. It's been 10 years.
    Actually, the tutorials I used tonight were less detailed. The girl who made the tutorials didn't explain how to draw the guidelines clearly enough, so I ended up with two drawings that looked nothing like animals.
    I don't know if I'll even manage to draw a nice-looking face because I forgot the basics, but I guess studying anatomy is okay. If someone could suggest another book on anatomy I'd be really grateful, cause I think I really need to get that part down before I do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    As a beginner she really need to start with anatomy. It's harder, but also it let you go further, specially if you start with it.
    ^agreed. although it's not a bad thing for one to start with 3d. after all you can't take out 3d from anatomy cause visualizing stuffs in 3d is part of studying anatomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leannah View Post
    The book ramiel suggested contains little exercises to practice drawing in 3D, so I've been drawing cubes and stuff.
    I actually have the paper version of this book, but I don't know where I put it. It's been 10 years.
    Actually, the tutorials I used tonight were less detailed. The girl who made the tutorials didn't explain how to draw the guidelines clearly enough, so I ended up with two drawings that looked nothing like animals.
    I don't know if I'll even manage to draw a nice-looking face because I forgot the basics, but I guess studying anatomy is okay. If someone could suggest another book on anatomy I'd be really grateful, cause I think I really need to get that part down before I do something else.
    for me, i studied anatomy in the massive online drawing tutorial list.
    although there too much nudity >_>
    so i don't really know. and i don't know any books about anatomy which doesn't picture nudity.. and i don't know how old you are

Depth is something she needs to learn as well. Again, anatomy (real anatomy) should be always a priority with Depth (3D) and Perspectives. I believe you need to go first in those than in anime draw, because most tutorials are basically guides to learn how to draw like someone else, and is not the same drawing like someone else that knowing how to draw by yourself.

Also, I have never like the use of Tutorial's, if they are not to learn something technical from a software or something like that, I really dislike them, they kill big part of the learning and they guide you to much in how the author do things and less in what "how you need to think when you do something".

ok listen WHAT GUYS ARE SAYING ARE NICE THINGS....yes if you do so you will take bigger steps
    now if you wanna go SLOW draw some fanarts collect your own data like proportions , ratios many things thats look good to your eyes .
    Then when in trouble understanding WE ALL ARE HERE TO HELP YOU.
    so FILL FREE WHILE DRAWING DO WHATEVER YOU CAN DO THEN ANALYZE WHATS WRONG.
    train your mind,visualization(ability to think,deciding ratios proportions blah blah).

Banned
    Thanks a lot for the answer. I think I'll keep copying drawings first, but very easy ones. Anyway, tomorrow I have to go back to college so I can't really draw right now. I'll try to draw something tonight. Ramiel nudity is okay with me, I'm 21. I know that some of the books/ tutorials are a bit sexy but that's fine. As a girl, I can take it
    I'd be very happy if you sent me a list of the websites you used to get better, because I think you draw very well.
    I'm very grateful for all the advice I've gotten here so far. I'll try to listen to all of you and fit drawing into my busy schedule.
    I don't have a scanner yet and I need to install stuff on my new computer which is not the one I'm using right now, but I'll try to post some little drawings as soon as possible.

um.. i don't know, the books that i got isn't translated to english..
    and i'm too shy to show it or say it anyone else.
    but i think massive online drawing tutorial list is enough
    there's no right or wrong way to learn, it's just for you if you find what your studying is interesting.

actually a lot of people here are better than me even though they haven't gone through any drawing books.

Banned
    I already had a look at the list and it's pretty good. By the way don't be shy if you want to send me a message with the links to the books or the title I'd really appreciate it. Because now I want to know the titles

uh, ok then,
    i added you as a friend, it seems i can't send a message on your profile for some reason.

Banned
    Wow that's weird, I haven't blocked you or anything >.< I'll try to do something about it!