Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys!

Banned

Hey guys!

Hi!

I'm new here. I used to draw on a fairly regular basis, but my grandmother once barged in on me when I was tidying up my "drawings" binder and she criticized my art.
    I was pretty young at the time, and it broke my heart. I stopped drawing mainly because of this incident.
    I had reached a lower-intermediate level. I like to draw mangas and monsters/animals.
    Since I took a really long break from drawing—I haven't drawn in about 8 years—I can't draw characters anymore.
    That's why I mainly focus on animals and monsters now. Using step-by-step guides is a lot of fun, and at least I'm usually not disappointed by the final "product" since I'm copying something anyway.

That's terrible! Don't worry: we're all nice here. Welcome to MT! I'm Cec.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by inkwelling View Post

That's terrible! Don't worry: we're all nice here.
    Thanks a lot!
    I'll try to draw every day from now on—life's too short!

Hey, welcome to MT!

Banned
    Thanks a lot!

I can't say that it was smart to stop just cuz your granma said that you suck.......First time i shown my sister one of my drawings she said it was ok.....I WAS HYPE!!! i showed it to my dad he said that i really suck and that i should clean my room instead of drawing, i was down. And then came along my Uncle. Boy did he say what was wrong with all of my drawings. He is as literal as a schoolbook. I just said to myself, whatever! I love drawing and i can't be good right now but im gonna continue and ill shove it into their faces, when i become better. And so it is to this day. Whenever some just( must recognize whose giving a good critique and whose just trolling) trash on your work either ignore them or try and listen to whats wrong. but hey this site is a site of learning so no worries youll be even better then before !!!!!! Sorry for the long post....=w=......
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Banned
    You're right, it's just that when you're 12-13 you tend to have trouble accepting criticism when it comes from people you love.
    Plus she saw my drawings by accident so it's all pretty stupid really.
    But yeah if your sister likes it that's a good sign cause sisters are always the first ones to criticize

AS TIME PASSES AWAY YOUR HEAD, HEART AND HAND WILL EVOLVE everybody here has experienced it ASK ANYBODY
    SO dont give up just storm the front.
    anyways
    HI..........zzz LEANNAH
    WELCOME TO MT

999 Knights Member indescribable's Avatar
    Hey, welcome.

I'd be very interested in seeing some of your art. Why not make an art thread in the Critique Corner, or upload something to the gallery?

Hello, and welcome to the site. You seem like a very down to earth person, and that's good because it seems like that's rare nowadays. XD

Anyway, I agree with Indescribable so if you don't know where either of those is, check the links at the bottom of this post. You should also check out the current "Spam" thread, since it's a good place to get to know the people here. The Groupboard is also good for that, and you can draw as you talk. Just remember to follow the basic rules and to slap me for this long post with endless and annoying links.

Other than that, hope you enjoy your stay and make some friends. :P

Critique Corner

Gallery