Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Superhero Thread

No one call me crazy and go with out a hug!!!

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Yeah, Batman has built robot suits (and also built the Beyond one). But has he built the IRON MAN suit, is what I'm saying. Instead of building numerous single-application disposable tinfoil suits, just build the one you will wear for the rest of your life and consistently kick ass in. Batman's best suit, by far, was the Beyond getup and even then, it didn't measure up to an iota of the Iron Man's capabilities. It still required Terry to do much of the work.

I don't disagree that the suit is iconic, though.

Im sure he could I mean do you remember the security robots from infinite crisis. Batman is stupidly powerful when the writers want him to be.

I realy prefer rooftop hopping detective batman though. He's much cooler to me when it's just him and supes in the picture.

Also I dont need a play by play I actually read comics.
    My apologies. But he's my favorite character & I get excited talking about him. I didn't say he was right in the head though. In fact, I catually thought World War III was a bit anticlimatic. See here's the thing. He's both to me. My favorite hero & villian. Possibly for the same reasons too. I've allways wondered why heroes as powerful as Superman, Capt. Marvel, Supreme, Icon & the like don't become overwhelmed by all that raw power & flip out more often. In Black Adam, I see...& this is merely personal opinion...a more realistic scenario played out with that much power in their hands. If I was that powerful I would most certainly filp out.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    That's what bothers me. He //could// but he doesn't. I guess it just doesn't make sense to me.

And yeah. I bet you liked Arkham Asylum, then? I do appreciate Batman for what he is. It's just that it doesn't make sense when compared to other types like him.

@Brack Shaggie

Genocide black shaggie. Motherfucking genocide. If hitler joined the jsa I would still think wow that guy's a douche.

After killing all those people he graduated from anti-hero to villain. DC effectively broke him. I mean the fight was cool and all but after a dude kills millions of middle easterners he's crossed too far into villain territory.

@Cype

AA was cool if not way too reliant on gadgets. That's the thing I dislike about batman the most. If I were to write him I'd get him as far away from james bond as possible.

^-----Okay, okay. You got me. lol The character is broken & Ican't justfy him killing all those innocents & still call him a hero.
    You gotta admitt though he's one of the coolest characters out there.

If I can't pick Black Adam as my favorite hero (with reason & logic) then I'd have to say that Kevin Matchstick from Mage would be my 2nd pick. That was just a really cool story.

Anybody ever read that Kingdon Come? I think that an old Bruce Wayne in that story did employ some bat-robots to seize Gotham City in martial law right? I think bats uses the proper amount of force needed for whatever task is at hand.
    Last edited by Black_Shaggie; 09-05-2011 at 11:49 PM.

I think those are the same security robots I was talking about. I don't remember the proper order those comics went in.

Edit: Black adam's the best he just suffered from bad writing. 52 turned him into this amazing multi-dimensional dude and then WW3 turned him back into a straight up monster.
    Last edited by jubeh; 09-05-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    AA was cool if not way too reliant on gadgets. That's the thing I dislike about batman the most. If I were to write him I'd get him as far away from james bond as possible.
    It should be more detective + mcgiver (less tool, more creativity).

I have a hardbound edition with the whole thing. See, bat's 'super power' isn't his training or his toys really. It's his knack for tactiacl planning & contengcy.