Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Superhero Thread

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    IronMan is the only super hero that justify using a costume (and also he doesn't use his underwear outside).
    Exactly. He's like a smarter version of Batman. The thing is: Bruce Wayne and Stark are similar characters as far as their standing in their respective universes. They're both incredibly smart, incredibly rich and have plenty of resources to exploit. Yet Tony Stark is the one who was smart enough to go: "hey, let me use all of this great stuff to build an awesome power suit that makes me extremely strong, capable of flight, nigh invincible and can shoot lasers." Bruce Wayne is still playing with batarangs.

Naa, Tony Stark is also way more egocentric, he is alcoholic and he want to be both: IronMan and Tony Stark at the same time, while Bruce Wayne sacrifice one to be the other.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Well, yeah, personality wise they're very different. Bruce is a hardened vigilante and Stark is joyriding in a mech suit. But in terms of status they're the same. So that's why I wonder where Wayne's flying super armor is. It would make his job a helluva lot easier.

Batman has built numerous robot suits. The difference in power levels between their universes dictate why he doesn't just always wear one. Also, you know, the costume is p iconic. I believe the batman beyond suit has a bunch of robot shit going on in it.

Also in all seriousness people bitch about silver-age superman but if you read the first crisis you'd see that he got his ass handed to him on every page. The only person he managed to beat was ultraman and that was just because that dude was retarded.

Best villain is Black Adam, hands down.
    Now see jubeh...Black Adam's my favorite hero. Yes, I said hero. He was a member of Justice Society America from issues 6 through 45...when Theo (not Khem or Teth like in the older Capt. Marvels or Marvel Familys published by Golden Key).

Why? He is, without question, one of the most powerful heroes or villians in the DC universe but he's so missunderstood . I mean the guy was the wizard Shazam's first choice for Capt. Marvel after all. There must've been something honorable in him that the wizard saw. Sure, he became corrupted by all that power. But he got better. He even stood trail & was aquitted for killing the [puny] Batsons. He's a warrior thouroughly to the core.
    This frightens people because he's very powerful. But he's pretty smart too & a natural born leader. In 52, he marries the godess Isis & forms a nation. People don't like any of this because his past & were constantly giving him a hard time. To a warrior who feels he has paid for past crimes this is dishonorable. Then his wife dies & non of the so called heroes of the DC universe seem to want to help him avenge her.

That's when all hell breaks loose. They strip his powers from him, seize control of his country & make him a wanted man. he overcomes all of this & tries to ressurect Isis & suceeds but doesn't know it because Faust was his unwanted accomplice & had his own plans for the goddess.

Then World War III. He kicks everybody's booties all over the world.

Okay, the guy's a little extreme...but he's been through a lot.

If you read the mini that was written after world war 3 where they tried to justify his committing genocide and you still think he is a hero then I do not know what to tell you.

Also I dont need a play by play I actually read comics.

Edit: Whoa new penny arcade comic is surprisingly relevant. Also looking forward to new 52.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/09/05
    Last edited by jubeh; 09-05-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Batman has built numerous robot suits. The difference in power levels between their universes dictate why he doesn't just always wear one. Also, you know, the costume is p iconic. I believe the batman beyond suit has a bunch of robot shit going on in it.

Also in all seriousness people bitch about silver-age superman but if you read the first crisis you'd see that he got his ass handed to him on every page. The only person he managed to beat was ultraman and that was just because that dude was retarded.

Silver Age Superman.

Yeah but thats clearly not silver age batman

That powerful was Silve Age Superman, he could get pregnant a no-silver age batman.

Silver age supes could go back in time not forwards are you crazy