Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Superhero Thread

Superhero Thread

Since this has been going on for a bit, I took it upon myself to make a thread.

Talk about your favourite superhero(ine) and why, whether it be from Marvel or DC or whatever. Also, talk about your least favourite superhero(ine) and why.

Favorite of Marvel: Spiderman, cuz he is freaking awesome, I love the dicotomy between Peter Parkers personality and Spiderman's, because he has a bitter life but he always has a good joke to say, and because is a better version of Batman (Batman lost his parents and he lost his head for revenge, Peter lost his uncle Ben, and now he try to be a better man. Now, who is the kid?)

Favorite of DC: Sandman, I know that he is not a super hero (technically), but he is freaking awesome, and the entire universe made by Gaiman is fucking awesome to.

Favorite of Dark Horse: Hellboy, because Mignola is a freaking awesome artist.

Less favorite of Marvel: Squirl Girl.

Less favorite of DC: Silver Age Superman.
    Last edited by ClockHand; 09-05-2011 at 05:52 PM.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Rogue. Just an unfortunate person that has to overcome allot that is more her own mental hangups than her physical ones.

batman beyond, terry. I really like his personality and he's so freaking awesome in all the way! his opponents are far too strong but he's like a cockroach that still survives and still wins in the end!!
    I really like him better than bruce in his younger days(but i'm not saying that i don't like bruce, i just like terry better)

Superman's the best. Arguably one of the most human dc characters which is ironic since he's an alien. He has every reason to just take over the world and he totally could do it but he doesn't because he believes in being a good person.

I think anyone that would argue that Superman is "overpowered" believes that comics are about fighting. That's the mindset that has kept the medium in a rut for so long. There are all kinds of conflicts. While it's true bad writers will try to write Superman incorrectly, the same could be said for any character.

I mean in All Star Superman he becomes thousands of times stronger and becomes immune to kryptonite yet it is arguably one of the greatest comics ever written. It doesn't matter if you can lift a bus if your girlfriend can make you feel like shit with one sentence.

My favorite superman moment is from All Star Superman:

SPOILER! :

When his father dies from a heart attack and he realizes its not possible for him to save everyone

I love batman but if you want to talk about an OP character it is him. Prepared for anything, and if it's a problem he can't solve he can invent something or use money to solve it.

Best villain is Black Adam, hands down.

In World War 3 he fights every secondary superhero in the DC Universe and holds his own until Captain Marvel shows up.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I like IronMan. Well, actually, nevermind. I fail this thread because IronMan isn't actually a superhero. He doesn't have superpowers. But that's probably why I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    I like IronMan. Well, actually, nevermind. I fail this thread because IronMan isn't actually a superhero. He doesn't have superpowers. But that's probably why I like him.
    IronMan is the only super hero that justify using a costume (and also he doesn't use his underwear outside).

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Less favorite of DC: Silver Age Superman.
    He's the best one

Yeah thats awesome