Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting new markers and other thrills of life.... (HI.)

Cool Getting new markers and other thrills of life.... (HI.)

HEY, I'm Cec.
    So, I took a trip to the local Hobby Lobby today and got me some new markers! I only got three... Grey, black and pale skin-tone (which are, like, the crayons I always used to diss)... But they excite me. That whole store is infected with awesome.
    So, yeah. I kinda just wanted to say HI, and that was all I had going on that was manga related.
    OH, but I do have a question! Is there a word/term for Japanese translated into english letters? Like... Hajimemashite, et cetera?
    I feel important, now that I have a question.

Okay um I don't really know why you made this a thread. I mean the main reason for your post is a question, it looks like, so you could have just posted that in the spam thread since it doesn't related to any section, especially not the GD. So anyway I'm gonna move this into the chatterbox for now. Next time make sure you post things in the right area.

Ahh, okay. Sorry about that, I just figured that the General board was... gereral.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    The OP made me lol.

To answer your question, yes. It's commonly known as Romaji, or Romanized Japanese. If you are planning on learning Japanese, I suggest not using romaji except for pronunciation. It's better to learn Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana etc.

I know what you mean by the buying of art supplies thing. A few days ago I went into a staples for no particular reason and they had Staedtler pencils—which they never have in stock—and I bought them right away. I was p. happy.

THANK YOU. That helps me a ton for looking up things and... yeah. I started learning Japanese a few months ago, and I'm working on learning the characters at the same time. Ish so hard.
    Getting new supplies is, like, the best feeling in the world. WELL, not really THE best, but... It's up there with drinking good coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by inkwelling View Post
    So, I took a trip to the local Hobby Lobby...That whole store is infected with awesome.:
    Hilariously enough that is like one of the worst places to be employed.

Explain?

Also does hobby lobby have small paint brushes, pliers and flat head screw drivers?

So I can't speak for every hobby lobby, but ours is a sweatshop.

But seriously, they don't have scanners and people tend to switch the price tags around on stuff so the cashiers are expected to remember the prices on a lot of stuff. This is what happens when you put cheap little price stickers on shit.

There was a guy at ours who was hired as some sort of sales associate but all he did was janitor work, like dealing with trash and cleaning bathrooms and stuff.

They have you work during orientation. Could you imagine if it were your first job how jarring that would be.

The aisles are tiny and cramped, and really fragile stuff is basically crammed onto shelves where they barely fit. Obviously anything broken comes out of your paycheck.

And the cash register pops open even when the customer pays with a card. I mean cmon now.

What the fuck?

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    So I can't speak for every hobby lobby, but ours is a sweatshop.

But seriously, they don't have scanners and people tend to switch the price tags around on stuff so the cashiers are expected to remember the prices on a lot of stuff. This is what happens when you put cheap little price stickers on shit.

There was a guy at ours who was hired as some sort of sales associate but all he did was janitor work, like dealing with trash and cleaning bathrooms and stuff.

They have you work during orientation. Could you imagine if it were your first job how jarring that would be.

The aisles are tiny and cramped, and really fragile stuff is basically crammed onto shelves where they barely fit. Obviously anything broken comes out of your paycheck.

And the cash register pops open even when the customer pays with a card. I mean cmon now.

. . . . . I was seriously going to go and apply at a hobby lobby in a couple days! They are just opening the chain in California and one is in my town being built. I have read some of the reviews and have read quite a few like what you describe but was willing to chance it (especially since it's $8.50 pt and $12 ft starting out) but I am now rethinking it. I need a second job and this seemed viable (despite it being Christian owned and the apparently heavily Christian themed work environment). Perhaps I should hold off till after the holiday season since those are usually 8hr shifts anyhow.