Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: At what have you cried?

At what have you cried?

Ugh i dont want any ' I never cry ' ...

But i was wondering what have you guys ever cried at? like an episode anime, commercial or events or something like that.

Well im going tbh and say about the 2 movies i cried at

1 Pokemon the first movie when ash died, I WAS YOUNGH OKE.

2. King Kong... when he got captured i regret crying at that but at that time i was emotionally unstable >>

So tell me your experience.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Clannad After Story.

Clannad's motto is: "Makes the manliest man cry."

At what scene? be more specific xD

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I seriously don't think I've ever cried to a show or cartoon or movie. I just don't get how someone could cry over that.

I do get deeply disturbed though. Mainly when Rorschache was killed in Watchmen just like that. I was freaked out for like a week.

I still need to read Watchmen. I've heard so many good things about it.

Anyway, Clannad worked on me too. Without spoilers, I'll say that it involved a certain wedding and a certain Fuuko. And even though the Engrish in that song in the background was next to terrible, the melody did a lot for the scene. Also, the spin-off-ish thing with Tomoya and Tomoyo, that scene in the snow. They used that same song, too. I have yet to watch After Story uninterrupted, but a lot of people say the flower field scene with Ushio and Tomoya was a tearjerker.

It takes real skill to make someone cry at a scene that's not even sad. Very few things have done it, but a certain part of Portal 2 did it for quite a few people (not myself).

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    This reminds me of when my whole family went to see the lion king and my mom started bawling when mufasa died (you are nuts if that is a spoiler now!). There was a little kid who was probably like 5 that yelled "MOMMY WHY'S THAT LADY CRYING?!".

Pokemanz got me too.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom seriously could have made me cry.

I don't think I have ever cried at a movie or any other medium either. But have come close to tears on a few occasions. Nothing to do with the death or imprisionment of a character which is clearly meant to 'make you cry' but more about characters who show a great definance against oppression or inequality, but in a way that is actually well written. That 'Ideas are bulletproof' scene in V for Vendetta resinates this. Also numourouse scenes in parts 1 and 2 or the movie 'Che'. More so the latter, because this was actually based on the life of a revoltionary, but V is still up there.

Crying at a movie just means that you are emotional attached too it and I don't like it when people assume that if you didn't cry at certain scenes in movies that you lack this emotional attachment. Not that it matters anyway, but its worth saying.

This clip has nothing to do with crying, but I think its worth mentioning anyway. Its from the movie adaptation of the American novel Grapes Of Wrath. This is fairly near the end and loads of stuff has happened, but basically in this scene Tom Joad has just told his mother that he has to leave her and the family out of fear of them being hurt if the authorities find him with them.

'...A fella ain't got a soul of his own, just a little piece of a big soul. The one big soul that belongs to everybody...'

What a beautiful sentiment. What a beautiful idea.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    I cried when Sephiroth-sama killed Aerith-chan.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

yay reactions

Well im not saying that you should cry at movies or scenes or anything, im just wondering at everyone's own experience its interesting to know imo ;o

Also my mom cried at grave of fireflies... (at the end)
    But i cried at pokemon when i was super young and at king kong when i was yough but i havent really cried at anything much but i have felt sad and stuff...