Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ERA (my first manga project)

Finally, I managed to put tougether a synopsis of the first Arc of ERA. A little teaser for the fothcoming chapters.

I first looked at the artwork and I liked it. I have to ask. Was your influence for the character designs to be like Bleach? Because I notice, The Hat Seller, looks like Aizen.

if you guys would go for reference don't go to much from mangakas, there's a big chance for you to get sued if you get to much character designs from them, not to mention you always take styles from the top mangas, people can easily detect it.

and there's a good chance people won't like your designs because they will likely say no originality and so fort.

I would go for cg illustrators and game stuffs, like final fantasy, touhou, marvel and capcom, and mix it with real character designs from real life clothes, korean clothes, china clothes and stuffs like that. and from drawing books and artbooks as well.

and make your own tattos and pattern designs from clothes and stuffs.

I would agree that it looks too much like bleach.

I agree on that and no offense to the OP, but I kind of see Bleach and Samurai Deeper Kyo mix with Samurai X in the art as well. It might not have been intentional, but I kind of see it as a blatant copy. But eh. Its hard to be original.

I actually learn how to draw manga from Watsuki (R. Kenshin and Busou renkin) and S. Deeper Kyo so I guess my style in a bit too much influenced by these. I went on learning from these mangas cause I wanted to create a manga with swordfight, so I needed to see how it was done. The fact that my style isn't pretty original yet is the main reason I avoid to upload pages on the internet. I want first to finalize my style and then start doing my manga.

It was really unintetional. However the fact that you point it out and some of my friends did also made me delete this character and start redesighing him.

Lol. I am kind of happy I called it, on the Samurai Deeper Kyo, but yeah it was just a suggestion. It is up to you if you really want to edit it more to your own style. But yeah, if you notice, there are a lot of mangas that seem to copy off one another. You wouldn't be the first.

when it comes to sword fights, you can just get reference from the poses from that manga, but don't take their exact style.

and don't double post.

You are right in one point. I mustn't copy styles. But since I am a deginner (I draw for only 2 years) and I don't attend lessons in some art school I see no other way to gain some experience other than basing my style on an existing one and gradually change it.
    What about the senario by the way, did you like it ??

who attend here in artschool anyway? all of us just improved on our own.

about the senario I really love it.