Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critique Bambi (occasional nudity?)

Hybrid View

Critique Bambi (occasional nudity?)

So I am aware there are many pictures here, all of bad quality (used the camera on my computer instead of a scanner. hah.), but critiques would still be welcome and very much appreciated. Fact: the only thing I know how to do is sketch. Sorry if some pictures are difficult to see... Also, I numbered them for less confusion.

A few facts about the way I draw. I don't really have much experience with digital art. Also, I don't like to color. I use mainly pencil, but occasionally I feel adventurous and sketch with a ball-point pen. I know, I'm a rebel. As you can probably tell, my favorite subject to draw is faces, but I am trying to branch out a little (there are some full poses towards the bottom). Coolcoolcool. Here we go.

Goods. The fifth is the one with most "mistakes", when you play with that perspective and that pose, the hip should be hided in a part (because for the hand to be able to touch the feet, the body must bend a little and also the shoulders must move). Also the hand and the feet doesn't work with the perspective.

The eight has a part of the head missed and the head of the ninth is to big for the body (actually the hair has a part that makes you think the head could be bigger).

But are cool.

^aproved. Great art bambi tha manly guy!
    On the 5-th pic i find that the crotch part is a bit too high up, other then that pretty much great. Nice work Bambi tha manly guy.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Although I have to say... I am actually not a manly guy. lol. I was being ironic. I am a feminine lady.

Quote Originally Posted by bambi View Post
    I am a feminine lady.
    Obvious.

Men can't draw earing's.

=w= Snap.................................
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I am a girl who wears earrings.

Hmmm, I am sort of new to playing with perspective and different sorts of poses.... so I have a few questions actually. On the fifth picture, do the hands and feet not work because they are uniformly the same size.? And I am having trouble understanding what would fix the pose.

Also, more than the fifth picture I had a really difficult time with sixth picture. I used posemaniacs as a reference, but the whole time I was drawing it just looked wrong. It looks a little bit better now, but the back just looks weird to me. Also the neck area and shoulders. :/

Suggestions?

The fifth is not working because the hip and shoulders are in a unreal posture. Try to grab your fit mimicking the pose and you will see your hips and shoulders are not going to stay in the same line. Changing those are going to change the view of both arm and legs and you will be able to correct the perspective problem easily.

The sixth picture has a to long body, its not a big issue, but it can bug some people. Try to be more dramatic in how the perspective affect the body.

Also, I knew you were a girl because mens don't draw girls with earrings and when we try to do it, it end very cartoonish.

Hmmm, that's interesting. It never occured to me that men might not be able to draw earrings? Weird. But anyways, thanks for your input. I will work on perspective more...

Also, here's a pretty quick sketch. Not much shading. Practicing different poses. This one's a ballerina!

Wow, the anatomy is pretty goodd. I don't know what you could improve on it with.