Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a scanner, is this ok?

Buying a scanner, is this ok?

I'm buying a scanner so i dont have to go to my grandma and grandads to scan my drawings, is this one ok?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...uctInformation

Epson Perfection V33 LED Photo Scanner 4800dpi.

Easy scanning with 4 easy-push buttons linked to Epson Event Manager, multiple page scan to PDF, high compression PDF, searchable PDF, text enhancement, stand-alone application, scan to file feature, multi-purpose user interface, multi-document auto detection, multi-document auto cropping, auto skew correction and multi-marquee. Print Image Matching-II-Image enhancement function: colour restoration, grain reduction, selectable tone of auto-exposure, unsharp mask with noise reduction, de-screening with document type optimiser and tone curve adjustment with histogram.

Scans documents photographs.
    4800 x 9600dpi optical resolution.
    General information:

Size H4.1, W28, D43cm.
    Weight 2.2kg.

Thats a nice one, i got this one on Newegg.com: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16838111056

Works fine, makes great scans. I use it to scan pages for my comics. Never had any issues with it. Price is good too lol

new egg doesnt order to the uk

Oh, that sucks. I found the same scanner on Ebuyer but more pricey for some reason. Why is it cheaper in US dollars when i convert but pricier in Euro lol

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I have an Epson Perfection v100 Photo and I love it. I actually prefer it to the Canon I owned previously.

Seefy:
    How would you compare the Epson compared to other brands?

xD I'm looking for a new one under $100 that isn't horrible like my HP.

@kami: Try amazon. (And if you are a student in college or know someone who is you can get a free Amazon prime trial. This means you can get free one or two day shipping.)
    Last edited by Afrobit; 08-31-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I've only used HP, Epson, and Canon, but both HPs that I've used are awful. My Canon was pretty old, but it got the job done. I like the Epson, though, because it has a lot of Photoshoppery in the scanning window, so you can adjust levels, sharpness, color tint, curves, and brightness/contrast all before you even hit scan. That way I don't have to open up Photoshop and fiddle with that before uploading things online.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Gotta go with Epson.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I've had Canon's and they've both lasted fairly long. I currently have a CanonScan LiDE 30 and I think it's like 10 years old now or something.

ok thanks for replies ill buy this one when its back in stock >.<