Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Why did you start drawing manga?

i just love it

http://www.mangastringz.blogspot.com i just love animes so i started to draw some.!

101 Dalmations Member MiguelAndrew's Avatar
    I started drawing since I was just 1st grade and my influences are DBZ,Gundam Wing,YuYu Hakusho( a.k.a Ghost Fighter),Doraimon, Hunter X Hunter, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Ranma 1/2, Slam Dunk, etc.. Then I was also influence western comics like spiderman, superman, batman, ironman, X-Men. When I'm watching the news of that time (when I was in high school) I find out that many Filipino became popular artist working on DC and Marvel comics. So that time,I figure out the difference between two art form and find manga more appealing than the western counterpart. Now, I'm reading One Piece, Bakuman, Fairy Tail, and Death Note.

Now,my bestfriend is my writer and I'm the mangaka and we are making our chapter 1.hahaha! I hope people will like it.

When I was a kid, I loved cartoons and comics and boobs, and I wanted to make my own. Especially boobs.

Well, I'm old and all that; in my times we used to call it "drawing big eyed girls from animated stuff".

That aside - I just like the stylisation: it's a lot easier to draw from memory, when you stylise the figure and faces. So, when I'm on a train and I don't know what to do, I can start doodling. Secondly, I like curved lines: shoujos are full of curved lines, carefully traced with ink; with line-weight and stuff. Even when thinking of "classic" drawers or painters I usually have a preference for those who stylise their figures somehow.

XD when everybody in the kindergarten were running around with me i got bored cuz no one wanted to play games i liked. When that happened (it happened a lot) i was pointed to be a judge. I sucked at being a judge since the first thing that happened when i sat at my judge chair was me took out my little A4 green notebook with a lot of anatomy sketches my mom did when she was in the hospital (waiting for me to be born) and started sketching and sketching and sketching. I was very good with anatomy(for a toddler) and each time on classes when we finished writing down what was needed, id start turning those writings into a little book with study texts and drawings that made them funnier and easier to remember. I started doing manga when my friend showed my his work. Manga was a lot easier to draw and it accepted some mistakes that i could do. so there.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    @Byakuran - Come to think of it, jealousy might have played a part for me as well. Back in sixth grade, there was this girl who drew manga, and she was, like, at the level I'm at now when she was that age. Someone took one of her posters for a project and said, "Hey, look at Matt's stick people compared to this!"

That was a little maddening, but I didn't start drawing seriously till a year or two later. I wish I would have started sooner.

By the way, I had--and have--no talent at all. I just worked at it for a long time, though I still don't practice near as much as I should.
    I wasn't into drawing a lot when i was a kid... though my jealousy started in highschool xD i wanted a talent something i was good at and stuff, i always liked to watch anime and never stood by the idea to draw it when i was a kid... and i was so lazy i wouldn't practice at all but i've started to watch gintama i was like ' i need to draw a fanfic' i realised i could make fanfics when i draw good... silly reason lol....

I've got this urge to create stories... and the best way i found to do that is through drawing & manga, as simple as that.

Double Digits Member General_Marmalade's Avatar
    I started drawing because my sister drew and thats it.....and here I am today...........................

My adventure with manga started almost year ago. My friend showed me anime "Bleach" and I got crazy about it. Drawing faces is quite easy for me, but anatomy is harder to learn and I must train a lot before I can draw "better than bad"

And sorry for my language mistakes if there are any. I'm from Poland, the only country where if you want to earn the first million, you must spend two millions on bribes :P

I'm Not a Spammer!
    Because of sailormoon, because i dont like asking my parents for money, to buy me coloring books( i was obses =_=; its so pretty n sparkly.... D: i was like in 3rd grade or somthing). so i start drawing. my first manga was sakura card captur, by CLAMP, and i fell in love with the the whole art style, and how amazing they are in coloring/ finishing a piece of art work.
    Last edited by Kumo; 06-11-2011 at 03:09 AM.